Four in custody for Malmö murder
TT/The Local/og · 14 Feb 2012, 07:53
Published: 14 Feb 2012 07:53 GMT+01:00
- Malmö murders linked to fake online firms: report (12 Feb 12)
- Four arrested for Malmö gang slaying (10 Feb 12)
- Malmö mayor in non-violence plea to residents (07 Feb 12)
Two brothers, 30 and 28, had previously been arrested for the crime and were arrested again in light of the new evidence.
They were taken in for murder, with police classifying the degree of suspicion as "with probable cause".
“We have received more conclusive witness information than last time in December, when they were released. This goes to show that the evidence situation is becoming better,” said Jenny Lindell, the deputy judge, to TT news agency.
The other two arrested men are 34 and 21.
The defense lawyer of the 21 year old, Sven-Eric Ohlsson, was critical of the court’s judgment.
“It doesn’t take much to reach ‘probable cause,’” he said to TT.
“I think the evidence is too thin”.
All detainees denied the crimes in the remand negotiations that took place behind closed doors. The trial will begin no later than February 27th.
Witness statements are rarely forthcoming in Malmö, which has been a problem for authorities during the ongoing turbulence in the city.
Last month, Mayor Reepalu talked of writing a public plea for more information from the public that could lead to solving the cases of murder and bombing.
Reepalu assured residents that the Malmö police takes good care of their witnesses.