SHARE
COPY LINK

MISSING

Man in custody in missing woman case

A 35-year-old man has been remanded into custody in connection with the case of the missing mother of two in Trollhättan in western Sweden.

The man is suspected of having assisted in the kidnap the woman who was reported missing last Sunday. The case will be brought before the Vänersborg District Court on Tuesday.

The man is an acquaintance of the woman and has had previous contact with the police. The man denies all the allegations against him.

The police announced later on Tuesday that they had also arrested a 35-year-old man, who is the owner of burned out car found near Hunneberg. He is under suspicion for attempting to protect a criminal, as is the first man who is under arrest, according to the TT news agency.

The search continues, meanwhile, for the 23-year-old mother of two who was reported missing last Sunday. The hunt was extended last week to include the countryside in the vicinity of Hunneberg, north of Trollhättan. Divers were deployed during the week to search lakes and storm drains around the city.

The police on Tuesday found some items of clothing and a backpack, which were deemed of interest to the investigation. Around 200 volunteers from the Missing People organization have participated in the search.

TT/The Local/pvs

Follow The Local on Twitter

Member comments

Log in here to leave a comment.
Become a Member to leave a comment.

TROLLHÄTTAN

Trollhättan remembers school attack victims

Hundreds of people on Saturday turned out for a torchlight procession in the small town of Trollhättan in southwestern Sweden to honour the victims of last year’s deadly school attack there.

Trollhättan remembers school attack victims
'It was an attack on all of Sweden,' Education Minister Gustav Fridolin said. Photo: Thomas Johansson/ TT

Three people were killed in an attack that shocked Sweden as a masked, sword-wielding assailant entered the school, stabbing students and teachers who appeared to be of foreign origin. Several people were also injured. The attacker, 21-year-old Anton Lundin Pettersson, was then shot dead by police.

“It was an attack on all of Sweden,” Education Minister Gustav Fridolin said as the procession ended outside the school.

In the week running up to the one-year anniversary, students of the school had made thousands of postcards in memory of the teacher, pupil and teacher aide who were killed in the assault.

A police investigation has showed that Lundin had planned the attack, which lasted around 10 minutes, after being inspired by racist websites.

A teenage student told The Local at the time that many people at the school at first thought it was some kind of a prank.

“I was in a classroom with my class when one of my classmates’ sisters called her to warn her that there was a murderer at the school. So we locked the door to the classroom, but our teacher was still outside in the corridor.”

“We wanted to warn him, so a few of us went outside and then I saw the murderer, he was wearing a mask and had a sword. Our teacher got stabbed.”

“The murderer started chasing me, I ran into another classroom. If I had not run, I would have been murdered. I’m feeling really scared. Everyone’s scared here.”

Trollhättan is an industrial town with around 50,000 residents.