SHARE
COPY LINK

MISSING

Woman’s blood found in missing mum of two case

Swedish police have confirmed that the blood samples found in an apartment and stairwell in a building in Trollhättan in late June belong to a 23-year-old missing mother of two.

“Her blood was found in the stairwell and in the apartment,” said detective Thord Haraldsson to broadcaster TV4.

Despite extensive searches the woman has not been found and police report that the focus of the investigation remains on finding the body. Haraldsson declined to comment on whether a 36-year-old man, recently released after having been held on suspicion of kidnapping, remains of interest to the case.

The police have renewed calls for information from the public to assist in the search, which was extended this week to waterways and lakes in the near-lying area.

Two men, aged 31 and 35-years-old, remain in custody on suspicion of aiding and abetting a criminal. The 35-year-old man is an acquaintance of the woman and has had previous contact with the police.

Both men deny all the allegations against them, although according to the prosecutor suspicions against the men have strengthened over the two weeks they have been in custody.

Around 200 volunteers from the Missing People organization have also participated in the search for the woman who was reported missing on June 30th.

TT/The Local/pvs

Follow The Local on Twitter

Member comments

Log in here to leave a comment.
Become a Member to leave a comment.

TROLLHÄTTAN

Trollhättan remembers school attack victims

Hundreds of people on Saturday turned out for a torchlight procession in the small town of Trollhättan in southwestern Sweden to honour the victims of last year’s deadly school attack there.

Trollhättan remembers school attack victims
'It was an attack on all of Sweden,' Education Minister Gustav Fridolin said. Photo: Thomas Johansson/ TT

Three people were killed in an attack that shocked Sweden as a masked, sword-wielding assailant entered the school, stabbing students and teachers who appeared to be of foreign origin. Several people were also injured. The attacker, 21-year-old Anton Lundin Pettersson, was then shot dead by police.

“It was an attack on all of Sweden,” Education Minister Gustav Fridolin said as the procession ended outside the school.

In the week running up to the one-year anniversary, students of the school had made thousands of postcards in memory of the teacher, pupil and teacher aide who were killed in the assault.

A police investigation has showed that Lundin had planned the attack, which lasted around 10 minutes, after being inspired by racist websites.

A teenage student told The Local at the time that many people at the school at first thought it was some kind of a prank.

“I was in a classroom with my class when one of my classmates’ sisters called her to warn her that there was a murderer at the school. So we locked the door to the classroom, but our teacher was still outside in the corridor.”

“We wanted to warn him, so a few of us went outside and then I saw the murderer, he was wearing a mask and had a sword. Our teacher got stabbed.”

“The murderer started chasing me, I ran into another classroom. If I had not run, I would have been murdered. I’m feeling really scared. Everyone’s scared here.”

Trollhättan is an industrial town with around 50,000 residents.