School gas leak sends 25 to hospital

TT/The Local/og
TT/The Local/og - [email protected]
School gas leak sends 25 to hospital

An elementary school in southern Sweden was evacuated on Wednesday and dozens of pupils were taken to hospital after the smell of gas spread through the rooms.


One teacher and 24 students were sent to receive medical care after someone noticed gas was spreading through the Rudskolan school in Karlstad, southern Sweden.
"We don't know yet what this is and we're working on finding the  source," Tommy Sjöberg of the Karlstad police told the TT news agency.
He added that pupils were complaining of headaches and feeling nauseous. Some of the students were also coughing and some suffered chest pains.
Fire fighters and police were sent to the scene to comb every room in the hope of finding an answer. 


Join the conversation in our comments section below. Share your own views and experience and if you have a question or suggestion for our journalists then email us at [email protected].
Please keep comments civil, constructive and on topic – and make sure to read our terms of use before getting involved.

Please log in to leave a comment.

See Also