Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland

Gas leak leaves Sony staff in Sweden hospital

Share this article

Gas leak leaves Sony staff in Sweden hospital
14:34 CEST+02:00
An Ozone gas leak at Sony Mobile's offices in Lund has put eight people in hospital, with nine others needing to be checked by doctors.
Emergency services for the Skåne region in southern Sweden say that staff complained of nausea and discomfort in their necks and throats before calling for ambulances.
 
Gustaf Sandell, from the area's search and rescue service told news agency TT that a ventilation system in a treatment plant on the site had failed.
 
Ozone is a pale blue gas with a distinctively pungent smell. It is poisonous to inhale and can be linked to lung and heart problems.
 
Officials at the site say that the leak has now been stopped and the premises are being aired out.
 
Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
Become a Member or sign-in to leave a comment.

From our sponsors

Swedish for programmers: Tailored Swedish courses for techies

How do you get a job in Sweden's competitive tech industry if you're new to the country and don't speak the language? Enter SFX-IT, a specialised language course tailored for foreign techies living in Sweden.

Advertisement