Swede’s review of night in drunk tank goes viral

Swede’s review of night in drunk tank goes viral

A Swedish deputy police boss has told The Local that a reveller is welcome to stay in touch – after the man's colourful review of his overnight stay in the drunk tank went viral.

Swedish mental health care blasted after attack

Swedish mental health care blasted after attack

Swedish health care was challenged on Tuesday after it was revealed a 24-year-old man who admitted to stabbing a man and two women in Norrköping had been struggling to get psychiatric help before the attack.

Ten unique words you need to date in Sweden

Ten unique words you need to date in Sweden

Single? Learn these words.

Swedish officials confirm scout has meningitis

Swedish officials confirm scout has meningitis

Swedish health officials have said that a girl is in serious but stable condition after contracting meningitis at a world scouting gathering in Japan.

Swedish teen breaks hearts at Idol opening

Swedish teen breaks hearts at Idol opening

A 16-year-old boy from Gothenburg who grew up in Nigeria and says he was beaten by his father, has tugged on heart strings around Sweden, with a clip of his stunning debut performance on Sweden's Idol programme going viral on Tuesday.

Malmö warm up for Champions League clash

Malmö warm up for Champions League clash

Malmö are gearing up for a tough battle as the southern Swedish team head to Glasgow to face Scotland champions Celtic for the first leg of a crucial Champions League play-off round on Wednesday.

UN: Sweden is bearing brunt of migrant crisis

UN: Sweden is bearing brunt of migrant crisis

Sweden and Germany cannot continue to take in the majority of refugees seeking new lives in the EU, a top UN official has said, days after Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel warned that immigration could become a bigger challenge than the Greek debt crisis.

Ikea recalls lamp after toddler gets shock

Ikea recalls lamp after toddler gets shock

UPDATED: Nordic homeware giant Ikea has taken a child's night lamp off its shelves across the EU and the US after a toddler got an electric shock.