SHARE
COPY LINK

ROYAL

Royal wedding day procession announced

Late night dancing and a horse and cart procession around Stockholm are among the latest details revealed about the upcoming wedding of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist by the Swedish Royal Court.

Royal wedding day procession announced
The royal couple pictured in January 2015. Photo: TT
The wedding schedule will get underway on Friday June 12th, when the couple's friends and family will be invited to a private evening dinner, a statement from the Swedish Royal Court has announced. 
 
The following day, Saturday June 13th, a legally binding church service will take place in the Royal Chapel at the Royal Place in Stockholm, starting at 4.30pm.
 
After the ceremony, the bride and groom are set to take part in a horse and carriage procession around Stockholm, passing through areas in the city centre including the island of Skeppsbron and Regeringsgatan, Nybrokajen and Logården in the capital's old town (Gamla Stan).
 
When the couple arrive at Logården they will be greeted by a 21 gun salute by Sweden's military. This will be followed by a military parade in Stockholm.
 
The royal family is then set to host a banquet for guests, followed by dancing in Karl XI's Gallery in the Royal Palace.
 
 
Sweden’s most famous bachelor Prince Carl Philip, 35, announced his engagement to Sofia Hellqvist, 30, in June 2014.
 
Hellqvist is a fashion model who has posed in men’s magazines and participated in scandalous reality TV series Paradise Hotel.
 
Their wedding is set to take place around the same time as another huge event for the royal family, the birth of Crown Princess Madeleine's baby.
 
Earlier this month the Queen let slip to Swedish and Finnish media that the child was due during June, whereas previous statements from the royal family had mentioned only a "summer" birth.
 
"We look forward to it so much and also to the wedding in June," she said and added she hoped the two royal events will not clash.

ROYAL

Scandal-hit Frenchman ‘groped Sweden’s Crown Princess’

Jean-Claude Arnault, the French photographer at the centre of the crisis at the Swedish Academy, has been accused of sexually harassing no less a figure than Sweden’s Crown Princess Victoria.

Scandal-hit Frenchman 'groped Sweden's Crown Princess'
Crown Princess Victoria. Photo: Henrik Montgomery/TT
According to the Svenska Dagbladet newspaper, three sources, at least one within the Academy, claim to have witnessed Arnault groping the Crown Princess’s bottom at an event put on by the body, which awards the Nobel Prize for Literature. 
 
The Swedish feminist Ebba Witt-Brattström, who was present at the event at Villa Bergsgården in Stockholm, told both Expressen and Swedish broadcaster SVT that one of Victoria's aides had leapt to her rescue.
 
“Her female aide threw herself forward and pushed him away,” she said. “She pushed away his hand.” 
 
After the alleged transgression, the Academy’s then Permanent Secretary Horace Engdahl was reportedly instructed by the court to “undertake measures” to ensure that the Crown Princess, then still in her 20s, would never be left alone in the company of the then 60-year-old Arnault. 
 
The story, if true, is another blow to the claims of longstanding Academy members, Engdahl in particular, that they were unaware of Arnault reputation as a serial sexual harasser.
 
“We can’t comment on that particular information,” Margareta Thorgren, press officer at the Swedish Royal Court told the newspaper, although she said the court supported the #metoo movement against sexual harassment. 
 
“The information surrounding Jean-Claude Arnault which the media has reported since the autumn is terrifying,” she added. 
 
Svenska Dagbladet has translated their scoop into English German, and French
 
In November, the Dagens Nyheter newspaper reported accusations from 18 different women that Arnault had sexually harassed or assaulted them, either at Forum, the cultural centre he helped run, or at apartments owned by the Swedish Academy in Stockholm and Paris. 
 
Arnault is married to Katarina Frostenson, a poet and Academy member, and is reportedly a close friend of Engdahl's. 
 
The photographer has denied all the accusations of harassment and his lawyer on Saturday told Expressen and Swedish broadcaster SVT that the new accusation was “false and erroneous”, and had been “released to slander and damage him”. 
 
“The claimed transgressions never took place,” Arnault said, according to his lawyer. “This is idiotic”. 
 
The accusations have thrown the Academy into turmoil, with no fewer than six Academy members stepping down as a result, four in protest at the way they have been handled.
 
Katarina Frostenson and former Permanent Secretary Sara Danius said they would both leave their seats on April 12, after a tense meeting at which Frostenson reportedly said she would not resign unless Danius did too.  
 
Only ten of the Academy’s 18 members are still active, and the institution is expected to decide next Thursday if it will award the Nobel Prize this year, or postpone it to next year.
SHOW COMMENTS