How to make Swedish potatoes with dill
The Local · 11 Sep 2015, 07:54
Published: 11 Sep 2015 07:54 GMT+02:00
Updated: 11 Sep 2015 07:54 GMT+02:00
Makes: 4 Servings
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 10 - 20 minutes
Total: 15 - 25 minutes
900 g freshly picked potatoes
1 spring of fresh mint
1/2 tsp salt
30 g butter
2 tbsp finely chopped dill
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash the potatoes and then scrub or scrape off the skins. Rinse the potatoes.
2. Place the larger potatoes over the base of a saucepan and pop the smaller ones on top. Pour in enough boiling water to not quite cover them, add some salt and the sprig of mint.
3. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer gently for between 10 and 20 minutes. The cooking time depends on the variety and size. Test them with a skewer as they must be tender but still firm — overcooking really does spoil them.
4. Drain the potatoes and add the butter, chopped dill and a little pepper to the pan and then return the potatoes to the pan. Put the lid back on the pan and swirl the pan around to get each potato thoroughly coated.
5. Remove the lid, savour the delicious aroma and then sprinkle with a little rock salt before serving dishing them up.