What is the best chat-up line to hook a Swede?
The Local · 5 Dec 2015, 11:34
Published: 05 Dec 2015 11:34 GMT+01:00
- Seven terrible things to say to a Swedish boss (02 Dec 15)
- 'Our story is some kind of Disney fairytale' (25 Nov 15)
- Swede warms hearts with flashmob movie proposal (02 Nov 15)
The next time you’re looking for romance you’d do well to make sure your fridge is stocked before setting out, because more than one-in-five singles said that, "What do you want for breakfast in the morning?" was the best chat-up line they’d heard.
The Swedes, as practical as ever, want to ensure they won’t go hungry in the morning after a romantic night out on the town, according to the survey.
The second most-favoured chat-up line listed was "Can I get directions to your heart?"
However, old dependables such as "I wonder what our children will look like," which picked up just 2% of the vote, are no longer guaranteed to do the business.
The full results of the survey, in which 3940 people voted, are below:
1. "What do you want for breakfast in the morning?" (22%)
2. "Can I get directions to your heart?" (21%)
3. "I can swim but in your eyes I drown." (17%)
4. "I have lost my phone number, can I get yours?" (13%)
5. "You look just like my future girl-/boyfriend ..." (8%)
5. "What is the best thing about being so beautiful?" (8%)
7. "You are so sweet that I get cavities in the teeth." (5%)
8. "Everything ok? The fall from the sky is a long fall." (4%)
9. "I wonder what our children will look like." (2%)