Säpo, Sweden's security police made the announcement on Tuesday afternoon, exactly a week after a reported terror risk in Stockholm which prompted the force to start “working intensively” on assessing the threat.
“The information initially received could not be dismissed,” read Säpo's new online press statement, which suggested that the threat had since been examined and ruled out.
“The work was carried out within the framework of a so-called 'special operation' which has now been completed,” it continued.
Following the move, Säpo officers will return to their regular duties, the statement explained.
News of the apparent threat had stirred tension in Stockholm, which is set to play host to the Eurovision Song Contest finals next week, welcoming tens of thousands of international visitors.
Although the apparent terror threat was not immediately linked to the event at the Globe Arena, the DN newspaper reported that Swedish broadcaster SVT, which produces the competition, was staying in close contact with police.
“After Paris and Brussels this is of course very inconvenient. Both guests and audience are worried,” an unnamed source told the Swedish daily.
The Expressen tabloid wrote that Iraqi intelligence had said that a group of at least seven Isis terrorists had made their way to Sweden. Säpo did not confirm the report.
Earlier this year Sweden lowered its terror threat level after raising it briefly last November, days after the attacks in Paris left 130 people dead and during a separate hunt for a suspected terrorist in the Nordic country, who was later declared innocent.