The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Is making side income when on work permit allowed?

Just to be safe

softwareman
post 2.Apr.2019, 06:19 PM
Post #1

Hi,

Is it a problem for my visa if I make a side income and report it to Skatteverket (not from employment but rather other online efforts).

Thanks alot
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 2.Apr.2019, 11:58 PM
Post #2

You'd be surprised how many Swedes do it and don't report it to Skatteverket.
+
Panika
post 3.Apr.2019, 08:47 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 2.Apr.2019, 11:58 PM) *
You'd be surprised how many Swedes do it and don't report it to Skatteverket.

sweds dont have a visa to worry about..

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...mp;#entry740574
+
DuneSunny
post 3.Apr.2019, 09:02 AM
Post #4

As long as you inform your employer (as many contracts prohibit you having a job on the side without informing your employer, and your employer is ok with it) and you pay your taxes, then I do not see a problem.
+
inmortus
post 3.Apr.2019, 02:11 PM
Post #5

I'm no expert, but I would disagree with DuneSunny. Your work permit (if it's the initial one at least) is tied to a specific profession and position. Working on something else would mean you are working on something you do not have a permit for.

If it's working on anything where the money comes from EU and someone is declaring those payments, chances are you could easily get noticed.

I have heard of people getting some additional income from work they do online with countries with which Sweden does not exchange financial information, but that's a different thing and depending on how much and how often you might or not be asked to come up with answers.

If these online efforts are "outside of Sweden" I would imagine it wouldn't hurt to ask Migrationsversket (as the issue really is if it gets you in trouble with them)...
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: