The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Immigrants making Sweden great

Most innovative nation, only behind Silicon Valley

gsurya
post 30.Jul.2019, 08:02 PM
Post #1

Sweden's policy of attracting good IT talent globally is reaping rewards - we have again been named one of the most innovative countries in the world

Further good reason why we need to increase, liberalize and expedite immigration processes into Sweden, especially from tech-savvy labor pools - like India

https://www.su.se/english/education/student...s-2018-1.383986
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 30.Jul.2019, 08:18 PM
Post #2

If India is so "Tech Savvy" why is it that your "Savvy Techies" leave for Sweden???

India should be getting acknowledged, not Sweden...

Something is wrong here!!!
+
Bsmith
post 30.Jul.2019, 10:34 PM
Post #3

Sounds like what is now called fake news (in the old days we called it bullsh*t).
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 31.Jul.2019, 12:05 AM
Post #4

India needs people who know how to create jobs...

I know, I know!!!

An Indian Trump!!!
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 31.Jul.2019, 06:59 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 30.Jul.2019, 09:18 PM) *
If India is so "Tech Savvy" why is it that your "Savvy Techies" leave for Sweden???. India should be getting acknowledged, not Sweden.... Something is wrong here!!!

Also, why isn't it indian companies screaming about their lack of skilled workers?
+
skogsbo
post 31.Jul.2019, 07:17 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 31.Jul.2019, 12:05 AM) *
India needs people who know how to create jobs.... I know, I know!!!. An Indian Trump!!!

Hopefully not for India's sake. The USA will be in recession within a decade. He cut corporation tax, so it looks like business is booming, all the profits are being ploughed out to share holders and the markets are roaring. Meanwhile the government isn't getting the tax receipts and national debt is climbing. A crash is inevitable. Plenty investors bailing out now as it hard to predict precisely when it will go south. Gold has been climbing in price for a year now as people sell out. But then trumps business record isn't any better.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 31.Jul.2019, 07:30 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 30.Jul.2019, 09:18 PM) *
If India is so "Tech Savvy" why is it that your "Savvy Techies" leave for Sweden???. India should be getting acknowledged, not Sweden.... Something is wrong here!!!

Probably for more money and a better/ different life with more opportunities for advancement, security, etc.. why does anyone move?? Fool.

They focus on the labor... not on innovation. And of course there are innovators there as well.

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 30.Jul.2019, 11:34 PM) *
Sounds like what is now called fake news (in the old days we called it bullsh*t).

You sound like Trump.

Hypocrite.

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 31.Jul.2019, 07:59 AM) *
Also, why isn't it indian companies screaming about their lack of skilled workers?

Because they have plenty of skilled workers in India to fill the positions...

Maybe you can’t get a good job because you can’t understand simple logic.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 31.Jul.2019, 07:33 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 31.Jul.2019, 08:17 AM) *
Hopefully not for India's sake. The USA will be in recession within a decade. He cut corporation tax, so it looks like business is booming, all the profits are being ploug ... (show full quote)

Careful... you don’t want to hurt their necks pulling their heads out of the sand.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 31.Jul.2019, 08:03 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 31.Jul.2019, 08:30 AM) *
.... Because they have plenty of skilled workers in India to fill the positions... . Maybe you can’t get a good job because you can’t understand simple logic.

Yeah, loads of skilled workers, working on state of the art technology. Like the cofounter of Infosys said, nothing revolutionary has been invented in India for the last 60 years. Also, is that why India has to protect its poor behind the strictest laws in the world regarding work migration? What are they so afraid of if they are so superior in everything?

Odd how China was devestated by the sino-japanese wars, ww2, the ensuing civil war and the great famines brought on by Mao, while India like the US never had to fight WW2 on their own soil. Yet it's India who has to go around screaming about "superpower by 2020", not China.
+
skogsbo
post 31.Jul.2019, 09:37 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 31.Jul.2019, 07:33 AM) *
Careful... you don’t want to hurt their necks pulling their heads out of the sand.

Trump will probably blame Mexican migrants because he didnt get his wall and his target audience will lap it up.
+
Bsmith
post 31.Jul.2019, 12:45 PM
Post #11

Not a fan of Trump but he will most likely win the next election as his opponents are spouting nonsense about open borders, free healthcare for all, etc. Sanders own campaign workers are protesting because he can't even keep his promise of $15 an hour with his own staff, let alone the whole country.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 31.Jul.2019, 12:57 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 31.Jul.2019, 01:45 PM) *
Not a fan of Trump but he will most likely win the next election as his opponents are spouting nonsense about open borders, free healthcare for all, etc. Sanders own campaign ... (show full quote)

Also Trump has started tightening the rules regarding the H-1B system, suddenly a fresh graduate with a bs in CS from some 6:th rate engineering college in rural India isn't regarded as highly qualified employee.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 31.Jul.2019, 02:51 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 31.Jul.2019, 01:57 PM) *
Also Trump has started tightening the rules regarding the H-1B system, suddenly a fresh graduate with a bs in CS from some 6:th rate engineering college in rural India isn' ... (show full quote)

We get it. You’re mad. And you dislike Indian and Pakistani and Bangladeshi people... when you really should just dislike all your Swedish employers for “doing you dirty”... in your mind at least.

How’s that label of socially incompetent working out for you? Wouldn’t doubt that if one potential employer marked you as so it follows along to others.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 31.Jul.2019, 03:33 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 31.Jul.2019, 03:51 PM) *
We get it. You’re mad. And you dislike Indian and Pakistani and Bangladeshi people... when you really should just dislike all your Swedish employers for “doing you dirty ... (show full quote)

I dislike the bullshit about how superior indian, pakistani and indian education is when compared to native. Then where are all the prestigous science awards? Where are all the wins in the prestigous university competitions? Why does India refuse to participate in PISA?
Why am I supposed to listen to sob stories about invaluable world-class programmers with years of experience who don't even earn as much as a mediocre newly employed graduate? And why do we need anything except the EU blue card, if all we are importing is "world-class" "cutting edge" superior workers? And why aren't we seeing a deluge of Political Scientists, journalists, economists and lawyers from southern asia. If the sole purpose of work migration is to bring in the "best of the best"?

Odd how all my employers gave me rave reviews for customer satisfaction then, if I am so socially incompetent. But off course, I am at fault when I fail. When a work migrant fails, it's because of the system.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 31.Jul.2019, 05:33 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 31.Jul.2019, 04:33 PM) *
I dislike the bullshit about how superior indian, pakistani and indian education is when compared to native. Then where are all the prestigous science awards? Where are all th ... (show full quote)

I feel we’ve been down this rabbit hole before but what the hey...

Where are you hearing of this superiority?? Sure there are Indian people around the globe in high positions in the tech industry but where are they saying their education is superior or that they are even??

This is all in your head.

I’ve read an article explaining that Indian cs education is tailored to create work horses rather than innovators. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. That isn’t to say they aren’t skilled or that there are varying levels of talent. It is probably pretty competitive... especially for a woman.

So when an employer takes a look at a work horse and a prima donna who do you think they go for. Especially when they probably have similar talent. And when one is cheaper.

Do you think that Sweden’s innovation capabilities has anything to do with the amount of imported talent?????

Blame the employer not hiring local.

I recall you personally stating a prospective employer said you lacked social competence. I’ll find it later... maybe.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: