The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Parquet Flooring Repair

whom should i contact

Raaz444
post 8.Aug.2017, 05:43 PM
Post #1

Hello guys, i accidentally burnt my parquet floor with an iron box, i'm moving out of this room by the end of this month, can anyone suggest a cheap way to replace the floor in karlskrona

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page
+
axiom
post 8.Aug.2017, 08:02 PM
Post #2

Parkett you can usually sand off and repolish. This is not hard just a hand sander and the matching color to paint it back. Or just put a flower pot there.
+
Raaz444
post 8.Aug.2017, 09:53 PM
Post #3

no axiom i can't put a flower pot on it i have to vacate at the end of august, i need to fix it, how much does it cost?? i'm not sure if it is an parquet or vinyl sheet flooring it is an student accommodation in karlskrona
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 8.Aug.2017, 10:56 PM
Post #4

You must identify just what the floor is made of first...
+
Raaz444
post 8.Aug.2017, 11:44 PM
Post #5

hello Gamla, i have no idea about flooring types, i did my research about it on internet but i'm unable to find it out as i'm noob in this aspect.
+
Twiceshy
post 9.Aug.2017, 12:09 AM
Post #6

Raaz, don't take advice from that old yank regarding floors (or engineering, ethics, class, style, politics, history etc). They know nothing about these topics.

You can tell that the floor surface is melted. IE not hardwood. The bad aspect about that is that it can not be repaired. You need to replace 2-3 of those boards. I suggest you talk to the landlord about the brand. Unfortunately there will be some problems colour matching between the old and the new boards. Maybe just forfeit the deposit?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 9.Aug.2017, 12:20 AM
Post #7

If you noticed the white areas it is probably vinyl piece/sheet...

If it is the strip piece kind then replacement is viable, if it is sheet vinyl then a patch has to be cut and fitted, not an easy task, as the patch will always be visible...

Good luck in finding a competent floor mechanic...
I'm thinking the best way is to involve the landlord now as a patch will always been seen later...
+
Raaz444
post 9.Aug.2017, 02:06 PM
Post #8

Thank you guys for the replies!!
+
Svedallas
post 10.Aug.2017, 09:35 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Raaz444 @ 9.Aug.2017, 03:06 PM) *
Thank you guys for the replies!!

How is this "Swedish news"???
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: