The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Real Estate Questions

Purchasing in Sweden from the US

*Guest*
post 18.Mar.2013, 11:59 AM
Post #1

Hello! I'm hoping some of you can help me. My father lives in the US, and is very interested in buying a property here in Sweden, preferably an apartment. He has offered to let me and my husband/children live in the house, so he can come visit us each summer. We are looking to buy soon, and need to figure out the steps to get the process in motion.

My questions:

1. Must he get a loan in the US?
2. Once he gets a loan, how does the process work for him to purchase? Does he need to have a bank account in Sweden to get the money to the realtor?
3. Does he have to get permission from a bostadsförening to buy a property as a foreigner?
4. If he gets a loan in the US, how does that work in regards to the bidding process (löneföfte)?

I sincerely appreciate any help/guidance possible! Thank you so much in advance!
Go to the top of the page
+
Belize
post 19.Mar.2013, 05:56 AM
Post #2

I just bought land in Sweden about 11/2 years ago. My bank in the US told me they didn'y loan money for property in Sweden. ASked a couple banks in Sweden and they don't loan money for property to people without an income in Sweden. You can get a home equity loan on your property in the Us an buy in Sweden if you want. you do not need a bank account in Sweden. When your offer is accepted you send a wire transfer to the real estate agents bank account. When the paperwork is ready you will send the balance to the real estate agents bank and they will prepare all the final documents. You don't need a lawyer like in the States.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: