The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Pork, swine flu, and Sweden

We must cull the pigs and abstain from pork

Name Who Cares
post 30.Apr.2009, 06:24 PM
Post #1

By now World Health Organization (WHO) has raised its pandemic alert to five, the second-highest level. I have searched over internet for Swine Virus and it came to know to me that this virus has some relationship with pig.

Egypt already ordered the immediate cull of all pigs in the country. Don't you think Swedish government needs to take similar sort of action or at least we should abstain from pork in the mean while!!!

fewer preventive measures are better then later panic!!!!!!!

I got this from a blog. "Influenza (flu) is one of the most famous illnesses which pigs share with humans. This illness is harbored in the lungs of pigs during the summer months and tends to affect pigs and humans in the cooler months. Sausage contains bits of pigs' lungs, so those who eat pork sausage tend to suffer more during epidemics of influenza. Pig meat contains excessive quantities of histamine and imidazole compounds, which can lead to itching and inflammation; growth hormone, which promotes inflammation and growth; sulphur-containing mesenchymal mucus, which leads to swelling and deposits of mucus in tendons and cartilage, resulting in arthritis, rheumatism, etc."

Read full post here

http://www.thewakeupproject.blogspot.com/2...t-eat-pork.html
Go to the top of the page
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 30.Apr.2009, 06:42 PM
Post #2

Egypt was stupid to order wine slaughter.

Your "preventive measures" are panic.

Your conclusions are wrong - do some more reading from some educated sites.
+
Name Who Cares
post 30.Apr.2009, 07:01 PM
Post #3

Egypt is stupid, I am stupid, BBC is stupid and so is whole world..., thanks for replying Mr. Wise Guy

here is something from BBC,

What is swine flu?

Swine flu is a respiratory disease, caused by influenza type A which infects pigs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8021958.stm
+
Name Who Cares
post 30.Apr.2009, 07:48 PM
Post #4

"this latest version of H1N1 is different: it contains genetic material that is typically found in strains of the virus that affect humans, birds and swine.

Flu viruses have the ability to swap genetic components with each other, and it seems likely that the new version of H1N1 resulted from a mixing of different versions of the virus, which may usually affect different species, in the same animal host.

Pigs provide an excellent 'melting pot' for these viruses to mix and match with each other."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8021958.stm
+
Madamlucylulu
post 30.Apr.2009, 07:56 PM
Post #5

Is there any particular reason why you didn't post this in the existing swine flu thread? http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...c=19703&hl=
+
Kind Man
post 30.Apr.2009, 08:18 PM
Post #6

Question:

Why is the eating of pork forbidden in Islam?

Answer:

The fact that consumption of pork is prohibited in Islam is well known. The following points explain various aspects of this prohibition:

1. Pork prohibited in Qur’an

The Qur’an prohibits the consumption of pork in no less than 4 different places. It is prohibited in 2:173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115.

"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah." [Al-Qur’an 5:3]

The above verses of the Holy Qur’an are sufficient to satisfy a Muslim as to why pork is forbidden.

2. Pork prohibited in the Bible

The Christian is likely to be convinced by his religious scriptures. The Bible prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you".

"Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you."
[Leviticus 11:7-8]

Pork is also prohibited in the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy

"And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass."
[Deuteronomy 14:8]

A similar prohibition is repeated in the Bible in the book of Isaiah chapter 65 verse 2-5.

3. Consumption of pork causes several diseases

The other non-Muslims and atheists will agree only if convinced through reason, logic and science. Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which is in lay man’s terminology called tapeworm. It harbours in the intestine and is very long. Its ova i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack, if it enters the eye it can cause blindness, if it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

Another dangerous helminthes is Trichura Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ova present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

4. Pork has fat building material

Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. It is not surprising that over 50% of Americans suffer from hypertension.

5. Pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth

The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced. In the villages they don’t have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta is cleared by pigs.

Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbour’s excreta.

6. Pig is the most shameless animal

The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; i.e. many say "you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife." If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs. We Indians look upon America to be very advanced and sophisticated. Whatever they do, we follow after a few years. According to an article in Island magazine, this practice of swapping wives has become common in the affluent circles of Bombay.

Source
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 30.Apr.2009, 09:07 PM
Post #7

Name Who Cares: You really need to read up more about what this "swine flu" really is. Try something besides alarmist websites like BBC. Something a little more scientific.

Kind Man: I dont care why muslims dont eat pork.
Reason 1 = Stupid
Reason 2 = Stupid
Reason 3 = Invalid as properly cared for swine do not have these conditions.
Reason 4 = Invalid the cuts of meat determine the nutritional value.
Reason 5 = There are other animals that eat garbage. Who cares?
Reason 6 = Nice stretch of a connection between eating food and acting like the food you eat. Does that mean you will act like a cow and start chewing cud? Does that mean you will begin pecking at the ground like a chicken? And regarding your statement about americans and wife swapping...its clear that your knowledge on the matter is based upon fantasy and not reality.
+
High Priestess Kang - Slu...
post 30.Apr.2009, 09:16 PM
Post #8

I wonder what the OP thinks about the fact that many heart valves are made of piggy tissue.
+
Princess P
post 30.Apr.2009, 09:32 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Name Who Cares @ 30.Apr.2009, 08:48 PM) *
...Flu viruses have the ability to swap genetic components with each other...

Like pokemon cards?
+
Mack
post 30.Apr.2009, 10:20 PM
Post #10

. Pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth

The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced. In the villages they don’t have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta is cleared by pigs.

Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbour’s excreta.

6. Pig is the most shameless animal

Kind man... can you look through a keyhole with both eyes? Have you ever been around pigs or know anything about them based on real experience? I am guessing not. Pigs are more intelligent animals then most farm livestock. Fcuk off and stop preaching to people. If I went to your average muslim country and spread this kind of BS about the evils of Islam I would be executed for prosetilizing... I have muslim friends and respect their aversion to pork when they come to my house... at the same time, if one of them spouted the kind of misinformation you just did I would tell them to get stuffed.

Respect is a two way street. Shape up or ship out.
+
Kind Man
post 30.Apr.2009, 10:52 PM
Post #11

You know when my Christian friends sometimes get angry they call eachothers "You f%%%king dirty pig" LOL

I know you are not a christian if you were then you would agree to Bible about not having pig. anyways who cares you can even eat the pig's shit tongue.gif

But I dislike pig and pig is dirty animal ewwww
+
Muttlestar Galactica
post 1.May.2009, 12:19 AM
Post #12

Kind Man. Yeah, yeah, we get it.

You think you and your religion come from a superior place.

But do you really need to keep on saying this? It does get somewhat tedious on the eye.
+
High Priestess Kang - Slu...
post 1.May.2009, 12:28 AM
Post #13

Nothing better to do, I reckon.

Again - it will be interesting to see how pious some of these anti-pig folks are when they need a heart valve transplant.

:shares a giant bacon sammich with mutters:
+
Name Who Cares
post 1.May.2009, 12:38 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Madamlucylulu @ 30.Apr.2009, 08:56 PM) *
Is there any particular reason why you didn't post this in the existing swine flu thread? http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...c=19703&hl=

only single reason... I haven't seen it before.

QUOTE (Muttlestar Galactica @ 1.May.2009, 01:19 AM) *
Kind Man. Yeah, yeah, we get it.. You think you and your religion come from a superior place.

Though this is off-topic but I would like to comment on it that all religions came from superior place. Thing is that one by one they have left 'genuine' practices. Like Christians have left The Bible.

pig lovers, never mind swine. Keep your pigs with you
&
have a nice weekend
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 1.May.2009, 02:08 AM
Post #15

/puts on troll hat

My pig can beat up allah

(and yeah - thats allah with a small "a" - to match his small everything else)
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: