The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Interesting analysis out of Spain (European trends)

Roger O. Thornhill
post 27.Feb.2007, 02:33 PM
Post #1

http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/02/why...unning_the.html

Interesting analysis out of Spain.
Go to the top of the page
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 27.Feb.2007, 02:40 PM
Post #2

Nobody wants the spanish women!???
+
The Moozeylicious One
post 27.Feb.2007, 02:46 PM
Post #3

if she has a pulse you'd be interested eh Espen?? laugh.gif
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 27.Feb.2007, 02:54 PM
Post #4

laugh.gif
I don't know much about spanish women, but I wonder why the men won't put their sperm into their vaginas?? :wink:
+
The Moozeylicious One
post 27.Feb.2007, 03:03 PM
Post #5

maybe they need directions :shock:
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 27.Feb.2007, 03:11 PM
Post #6

Ahh... they need my help then!?? :wink:

Espen is finished at work. Been busy almost all day, but no I'm going home. I'll be back... Hasta La Vista... Hade på bade...
+
Streja
post 27.Feb.2007, 04:11 PM
Post #7

What a crap article!

This reality is already influencing European foreign policymaking and does not auger well for the future of transatlantic relations. Indeed, many analysts believe that the steady weakening of Europe is the underlying cause for the widespread anti-American and anti-Israel bigotry found among Europe's elites, many of whom are bowing to pressure from Muslim residents as a way to buy a fake peace with radical Islamists.

Who is this guy? Europe will fall and people are anti-american because of all the muslims? Not really...we have a mind of our own and I think you will find we're not really anti-aemrican at all.
+
Streja
post 27.Feb.2007, 04:13 PM
Post #8

Another quote:

But by removing Judaism and Christianity from European cultural, intellectual and public life, secular Europeans are largely responsible for the lack of confidence ordinary Europeans have in the future. Indeed, the lack of faith not only in tomorrow-but also in God-begets hopelessness. And without hope for the future, one is less likely to want to bring children into the world.

What a load of rubbish! Sweden hasn't got many who believe in God but we still have babies! it's all about providing a nice environment for women and men to have children. Spanish women are probably tired of the macho attitude!
+
Craptastical
post 27.Feb.2007, 04:25 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Streja)
Another quote:

But by removing Judaism and Christianity from European cultural, intellectual and public life, secular Europeans are largely responsible for the lack of confidence ordinary Europeans have in the future. Indeed, the lack of faith not only in tomorrow-but also in God-begets hopelessness. And without hope for the future, one is less likely to want to bring children into the world.

What a load of rubbish! Sweden hasn't got many who believe in God but we still have babies! it's all about providing a nice environment for women and men to have children. Spanish women are probably tired of the macho attitude!

Indeed. That paragraph in particular removes most of the credibility from the article.

Some of the birth statistics are interesting though. Is Sweden's birthrate still low? To be honest I wouldn't have suspected it due to how many baby buggies I've had to dodge every time I'm in Stockholm.

Nomark: Good job, Operation Baby Buggy is working! :wink:
+
Luke_j
post 27.Feb.2007, 05:26 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Streja)
What a crap article!

This reality is already influencing European foreign policymaking and does not auger well for the future of transatlantic relations. Indeed, many analysts believe that the steady weakening of Europe is the underlying cause for the widespread anti-American and anti-Israel bigotry found among Europe's elites, many of whom are bowing to pressure from Muslim residents as a way to buy a fake peace with radical Islamists.

Who is this guy? Europe will fall and people are anti-american because of all the muslims? Not really...we have a mind of our own and I think you will find we're not really anti-aemrican at all.

If you have the ambition of becoming a successful journalist, you should write about the so called 'Eurabia'. :wink:

'Eurabia' propaganda in the US is as popular as Michael Moore propaganda in Europe. laugh.gif
+
Streja
post 27.Feb.2007, 07:44 PM
Post #11

Yeah? Interesting...

I really don't have time to write long articles like that. It's a shame really. Sometimes I really wish I had time to do proper research etc hmmm.
+
*Alex-sweden*
post 27.Feb.2007, 07:55 PM
Post #12

Europe better not become islamic! :shock: if that happens, then I'm off to Svalbard, or somewhere remote, away from all the chaos. :wink:
+
*Paulo's Hilton Not Blond*
post 28.Feb.2007, 08:24 AM
Post #13

Common guys you can't say this article is a crap!

I think there's a misunderstanding on the causes of widespread of anti-americanism. It is clearly said that the reasons are the weakening of Europe, well at least accoding to this article. On the other hand, it is true that there's much less integration in Europe than in the US concerning immigrants as much as well muslim people, especially the 2nd generation. At least they are much more inserted in the economic model and don't depend upon welfare.

One of the basis of the American society is indeed the immigration, the workforce provided for a capitalist economy where it doesnt matter what last name you do have but your cababilities of succeding in your job!

This article also provides very interesting statistics about the declining of demographics and growing of muslim population in the future. You can't say that people here are happy to notice that there's a risk of a brand new dominant religious power? And yes, I hear many women complaining about the difficulties of raising their children here in Italy because of the incertainty of the future/all the costs involved, and not so many positive perspectives. I don't believe it's much different in Spain, though also the machism can contribute to it.

And last, it's a fact European economies are stagnant and will likely to continue doing so if they will not change something. There's nothing more like a little bit of dynamism and competition.
Asia, especially China and India, and some other developing countries are coming over and changing the perspectives of a scenario in the future. It is unreversible, and I don't think they are following the European model. China will beat Germany the European super power next year, and around 2050 can beat the States or get closer.

By the way, I'm not american before you say that I'm trying to defend my own place...and time will tell us what's going to happen laugh.gif
+
Streja
post 28.Feb.2007, 10:32 AM
Post #14

Yes, and some Muslims integrated so well into American society that they could become pilots and crash planes into the Twin Towers thus killing thousands of innocent people!
+
Thebinary1
post 28.Feb.2007, 12:51 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (And Now For Something Completely Different)

Very interesting report dude/dudette ... thanks for this.

But now to the debate, I am totally surprised that there is absolutely no mention of the Indian and Chinese influence, which will definitely have a major role. The proof of this is the Shanghai Stock Exchange crisis that not only has affected Europe (including powerhouses UK, France, and Germany ... as well as humble Sweden), but Wall Street as well!

Regarding the immigration and Islamic factor. Yes, I can agree with the report that this issue has some pretty clear negative impact on Europe (Sweden is also in the spotlight on this issue). However, the report does not elaborate further on Muslim Immigrants.

The majority of Muslims immigrating into Europe are asylum seekers - who are usually intellectually defficient in that they most likely do not hold any educational qualification. In addition to this, highly mechanised Europe leaves such uneducated groups of people without jobs - and hence they are dependent on welfare.

Now, what about ths US? I certainly do not see it being as humanitarian as Europe as far as assylum seekers are concerned. Obviously I can't back this statement up yet, but I have reason to believe that the US has similar immigration policies as Australia in the sense that they only accept immigrants who either satisfy a certain level of education qualification, or monetory/economic qualification. In other words, if a Middle Eastern Muslim emigrating to US holds either a Bachelor's degree (at least) - or has a sizable bank account ... this guy holds a better chance of entering the US as opposed to an illetrate Muslim assylum seeker also from the Middle East. As I have mentioned, I can't back this up for the US - but I can say with absolute certainty that this is how Australia's immigration mechanism works.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: