The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Ex-Sambo Refuses to Return Family Heirloom

What do I do? Call the police?

gelebona
post 24.Aug.2017, 08:11 AM
Post #1

When I packed my things from my ex's flat, I was loathe to pack a cherished heirloom from my paternal grandmother -- a beautiful Chinese tea cup set she used to drink out of every day -- in case it might break in transit and I had already so much stuff to handle for a transcontinental move back to America. However, with his new sambo in the picture he turned hostile and cursed me out and threatened me (perhaps while drunk, not sure) when I visited Sweden last year and asked to pick up the cup and whatever else (artwork) I had left in the storage unit.

I tried to go to the Swedis police website to file a complaint online just now, but the form doesn't seem to suit the issue.

Any help greatly appreciated sad.gif. I'm afraid he/his sambo will destroy it out of pettiness.

Thanks so much, Joysan
Go to the top of the page
+
Svedallas
post 24.Aug.2017, 10:20 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (gelebona @ 24.Aug.2017, 09:11 AM) *
When I packed my things from my ex's flat, I was loathe to pack a cherished heirloom from my paternal grandmother -- a beautiful Chinese tea cup set she used to drink out ... (show full quote)

Go to your nearest police station, and explain the situation.
They might transfer you to a person at social services to help you.

Good luck!
+
Bsmith
post 24.Aug.2017, 05:46 PM
Post #3

You may have to go back to Sweden to solve this problem. Best of luck.
+
Case officer
post 24.Aug.2017, 06:09 PM
Post #4

This is not a police matter. You need a court order to have the heirloom returned. If your ex still refuse you can ask the Enforcement Agency for help, "handräckning" or injunction for enforcement.

https://www.kronofogden.se/Injunctionforenf...eexpulsion.html
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: