Printable Version of Topic

Click here to view this topic in its original format

The Local _ Newcomers _ Looking for PVA sealer.

Posted by: Gordy 4.Mar.2013, 06:06 PM

I need to tape some joints in fibreboard with gaffa tape.

Normally to ensure a good bond, I would prepare the surface of the fibreboard by painting on some neat PVA sealer and leave it to become dry and tacky before applying the tape.

I had a mooch around a couple of local hardware stores but couldn't find anything I could recognise as A.K.A. Polybond.

The only thing I found that may be it was a sealer for concrete but it was only available in a 25 litre tub for 600kr.

I only need a litre at most.

I could probably use a PVA wood glue to serve the same function this time but having gone in search of the PVA sealer I am now wondering what it is called here as I will probably need it again in the future.

Can anyone point me to what it is sold as here?

Posted by: DaveN 4.Mar.2013, 06:11 PM

Look for glue for glass fibre väv wallpaper. Biltema, Jula, Coop etc all have it.

Posted by: Johno 4.Mar.2013, 07:05 PM

I'd use Trälim eg perhaps thin it a bit, or similar which you will find in moderate sized squeezy bottles. Wallpaper etc glues may have more starch or cellulose adhesive and less pva in their composition. Anyway, search on "lim"

Posted by: Gordy 4.Mar.2013, 09:16 PM

Thanks guys. I already have some wood glue and will use it for this job.

But I'll need to seal some concrete in a short while so wondered if the normal PVA sealer was available here.

Posted by: Micardo 4.Mar.2013, 10:47 PM

Golv primer, used for sealing floors befote tiling or spakel. Available most builders merchants. Its like runny Unibond.

Powered by Invision Power Board (
© Invision Power Services (