The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
29 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »    Reply to this topic

SI + University Scholarships 2017 - Sweden MS

Scholarship news and results

thaole
post 2.Apr.2017, 07:16 AM
Post #76

QUOTE (pipepaniagua @ 2.Apr.2017, 06:07 AM) *
Does anyone know if there is a specific quantity of scholarships for each country? In order to promote diversity of nationalities? Or do they choose the scholarship holders ba ... (show full quote)

Which one are you mentioning? Uni scholarship or SI?
Go to the top of the page
+
thaole
post 2.Apr.2017, 07:41 AM
Post #77

QUOTE (pipepaniagua @ 2.Apr.2017, 06:07 AM) *
Does anyone know if there is a specific quantity of scholarships for each country? In order to promote diversity of nationalities? Or do they choose the scholarship holders ba ... (show full quote)

Which one are you mentioning? Uni scholarship or SI? If it's SI then I'm not sure if diversity is their goal though they did state something about that on their site, besides leadership skills. I found a forum about SI from a few years back and one appicant was mentioning that she got perfect GPA, references, motivation letter, bachelor's thesis but she didn't get it. So I'm not sure how they are assessing the applications. Who knows it might be different about merits this year.
+
polymaxim
post 2.Apr.2017, 08:25 AM
Post #78

QUOTE (pipepaniagua @ 2.Apr.2017, 02:07 AM) *

If you are talking about the SI, a similar question was raised last year.

Q: Hi, I must admit I have been really heartbroken not to receive the scholarship. I just had one question regarding representation. As I saw there are very limited number of scholarships given to Central Asian countries and something that really stood out is awarding 8 scholarships to Kazakhstan and none to applicants from Tajikistan. Tajikistan is the poorest Central Asian country vs KZ whose government provides way more opportunities for its youth in terms of study abroad. Given that, I just feel it is incredibly unfair not to award at least one scholarship to Tajikistan... What are your thoughts? Can someone explain me rationale? Thanks in advance

A: The selection within SI Study Scholarships category 3 was not dependent on which country an applicant is from. It is the relevance and quality of applications that matters. Of course how many applicants from one country applied in step 2 and how many were admitted indirectly affected how many applicant from that country were awarded a scholarship. Kindly note that it is not all applicants who were selected in step 1 to continue to step 2 applied in step 2 and were admitted by a Swedish university. /Yan, SI Scholarship Team

So if you are part of Categories 1, 2 or 3 there is no specific allocation by country as I understand. There are however exceptions for specific countries which are in separate categories (e.g. Syria & South Africa)
+
tjugosjo
post 2.Apr.2017, 06:10 PM
Post #79

QUOTE (thaole @ 1.Apr.2017, 04:12 PM) *
Hey tjugosjo, I emailed the SI team this same question too and this is their response: "Dear Thao,No, you can accept the study place now if you want. It won’t affect yo ... (show full quote)

Thanks for the information thaole! And good luck for the scholarship!
+
thaole
post 2.Apr.2017, 08:47 PM
Post #80

QUOTE (tjugosjo @ 3.Apr.2017, 12:10 AM) *
Thanks for the information thaole! And good luck for the scholarship!

Thank you. Sending my wishes and supports to you from Vietnam! wink.gif
+
bhsn
post 3.Apr.2017, 04:36 AM
Post #81

QUOTE (nkse94 @ 1.Apr.2017, 09:41 PM) *
Hello folks,Does anybody know about university scholarships in the form of reduction in tuition fee? What's the usual number of these scholarships for Uppsala and Chalmers ... (show full quote)

Not sure about Chalmers, but for Uppsala they give you an exception from paying the tuition. And the total seats for Uppala scholarship is around 50, but 4 out of 5 are country-specific. So if you are not from China, Hongkong, US, Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Iraq, Kenya, Libya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, Ukraine nor Yemen, your chances are in the remaining 10 seats. Like me wink.gif
+
bhsn
post 3.Apr.2017, 04:40 AM
Post #82

QUOTE (Davit @ 1.Apr.2017, 12:29 PM) *
Btw, does anyone know how do they calculate our point or whatever they use to rank us?I mean I've got both BA and MA degrees in the same field, pretty acceptable reference ... (show full quote)

Haha. I feel like complaining and crying as well. But as they mentioned on their first email, appeal is not accepted and as they mentioned when we first applied, they dont evaluate you on the grounds of how much you need the tuition. At least you have your SI scholarship left. I'm an unlucky student from a fairly lucky country that I'm not eligible for SI. I hope we all have good news, especially, hope you get your SI scholarship so we dont compete with eachother! haha. jk, but good luck!
+
Davit
post 3.Apr.2017, 07:21 AM
Post #83

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910409

Once again, I was very sarcastic when I said about crying or complaining biggrin.gif That's not I'm used to do wink.gif
Even if we were competing I'd wish you best of luck wink.gif jk.
Where are you from?
+
Gvantsa
post 3.Apr.2017, 07:23 PM
Post #84

Every day my feelings are changing biggrin.gif Sometimes I feel that my app is really cool and I will definitely get visby and on the other day, I just think that my qualifications and aspirations are not enough biggrin.gif I am really tired of myself
+
Davit
post 3.Apr.2017, 07:39 PM
Post #85

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910440

The same's here... At least Georgia got that visa free EU Coalition biggrin.gif An excellent matter to be proud of. biggrin.gif
As for Visby, I don't even count on being awarded coz I couldn't understand nor the logic neither the scale they use when ranking or awarding the shcolarships... Armenia participates first time this year, so maybe they'll have few appliers therefore I'll have a chance... That's what I count on actually...
+
Aly
post 3.Apr.2017, 07:47 PM
Post #86

Today I'm 100% sure I won't get it. Got a rather shocking scholarship rejection from another university (I didn't want it very much anyway, but still). Now I think my Visby application sucks as well.
+
Davit
post 3.Apr.2017, 08:02 PM
Post #87

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910443

I wish they could ever ground their decisions but the never do that. It would exemplify the ways of approach leading to success. I know they have that hundreds of hints however when you keep the track providing all the required stuff and get rejected everything turns out nonsense...
Whatever, wish you to be on the list next week this time! You'll be, nose up! wink.gif
+
Kondwani
post 3.Apr.2017, 08:05 PM
Post #88

Never count yourself out yet, let's just wait and see the outcome of our applications. The highest number that Malawi got from the allocations was 2 and it was 2015/2016. Last year only one person received the scholarship and this year we are about 13 applicants. But we all have equal chance of being awarded, so I can only be hopeful
+
Davit
post 3.Apr.2017, 08:10 PM
Post #89

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910445

How do you know the number of applicants you have? I've been trying to get any info regarding that but I couldn't. I even emailed to the uni and they said they didn't have such a statistic. That could be a very useful information.
+
Kondwani
post 3.Apr.2017, 08:13 PM
Post #90

QUOTE (Davit @ 3.Apr.2017, 09:10 PM) *
https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910445How do you know the number of applicants you have? I've been trying to get any info regarding that but I could ... (show full quote)

I google 2015/2016 and 2016/2016 records where I checked their previous allocations. For this year, their site was showing 1 for each country but I know that will not be the case. So its not possible to know the exact allocations
+

29 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: