The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Imam charged with sex offences

The Local
post 6.May.2010, 07:41 AM
Post #1

A 48-year-old imam who teaches children about the Koran has been charged with sexually molesting an 11-year-old female student.

According to the charge sheet the incidents are alleged to have occurred in August and September 2009 in the girl's family home south of Stockholm. The 48-year-old was a regular visitor to the apartment and taught the girl and her 14-year-old elder brother about the Koran and the Arabic language.

When the girl finally revealed what she had been subjected to her parents immediately called the police.

"The mother was scared that more children could be exposed," district prosecutor Eva Kokkonen told news agency TT.

170 words remaining. Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
Kronaboy
post 6.May.2010, 08:05 AM
Post #2

This is one of the few areas where I actually grudgingly agree with Sarkozy, training and regulation of Imams must be under state supervision, as in Turkey. The haphazard way in which the Koran is taught in most EU countries places our children at unnecessary risk and such criminal incidents are all too common.
+
eppie
post 6.May.2010, 08:24 AM
Post #3

Well at least in this case the parents believed the victim. With Catholics people only believed the priest and never the victim.
+
Tutu
post 6.May.2010, 09:00 AM
Post #4

I wont be suprised if the imam says that his actions is in line with the writings of his holy book. Marrying of children as early as 8 yrs is alllowed in islam. A girl of 8 year unsuccefully tried to get a divorce from her husband that was 48yrs in Saudi Arabia last year. We can sue catholic priest here but in some middle east countries children forced into marriagechildrlady have to seek divourse or pay the man back
+
Nemesis
post 6.May.2010, 09:26 AM
Post #5

He should rot in jail.
UInfortunately in Sweden, jail will be like a holiday for him. That needs to change.
+
Deema
post 6.May.2010, 09:32 AM
Post #6

Tutu, follow up on that case. the girl is 'successfully' divorced now. besides, it's not the age that decides when the girl should marry, but her maturation measured by the onset of menarch. sick, indeed, since many girls especially in hot countries reach menarch by the age of 12. and few as early as 9.
Uncle, terrorists are a manifistation of most (but not all) religions.
I am glad that all religions are being exposed one after the other. no faith can make a person superior than another. it's how you respect other human beings that make you a good person.
+
Nordic Prince
post 6.May.2010, 09:55 AM
Post #7

1) It is VERY interesting to see how Europeans lie and claim that the West is the land of freedom and democracy, But how come they do not give Muslims rights??? Example: if they (Europeans) allowed running proper Islamic-Schools we would have saved (Or at least reduced significantly) children abuse from the freak-animals. (Huh??? There are: Jewish-Schools in Helsinki, Hindu-Schools in the Netherlands, Buddhism- Schools in Denmark….etc. BUT Islam NO!!! Europeans adore fighting it and its followers by all means. That is the European freedom!).
2) It is VERY interesting to see how the police are getting involved in this case. But the Christians' cases are handled by religious people inside the churches.
Huh? Arab countries such as: Jordan (Which never, ever claimed that they are democratic country or they have any kind of freedoms as the West does) we can see that the Christians there have their own organizations and they handle their stuff by their own (Marriage, Divorce, ….etc). But for example: poor Muslims in Germany who they claim they have freedoms, you will see how Germans force Muslims to follow their parliamentary coalition's law (Huh? It is called: Christian Democratic Union (CDU) - Not even, Secular Democratic Union!!!) party's law in Marriage, Divorce…etc ….. YEAH This is Europe!
Of course, the honest people among you trolls can go on with this list for ever, But the truth of the matter is: most of you are hypocrites!
@Tutu #3
You bloody lumpen! Don't dig the hole too deep.
@Nemesis #4
"jail will be like a holiday for him"
Your comment is entirely correct. But on the other hand, Don't you see how Islam and Muslims are really fair???
If that freak-animal (Imam) was caught in Saudi Arabia or Kandahar... what will happen to him? I guess many would agree that what will happen to him there is really fair and he deserves it.

@Deema #5
"I am glad that all religions are being exposed one after the other."
What a ridiculous and oafish argument?
Now, This freak-animal (Imam) is presenting whole meaning of Islam? Or are they few freak-animals (Christians priests) presenting whole meaning of Christianity?
Alas, It is pointless to reeducate you or the like.
+
Streja
post 6.May.2010, 10:07 AM
Post #8

Nordic prince, there are Muslim schools in Sweden.
+
glamshek
post 6.May.2010, 10:07 AM
Post #9

@deema:
If a believer of a certain religion commits a crime, does it mean that the religion allows it? If you do not have the guts to follow religion then please do not do a wrong propaganda against the whole religion. You are probably making a lame excuse for your own freedom-mongering when you do that.
Don't forget, in Islam the law for such a lewd person is not just 'Jail in Sweden'...
+
eppie
post 6.May.2010, 10:12 AM
Post #10

@nordic prince
I have never heard about hindu schools in the netherlands, but there are many islamic schools.
+
Deema
post 6.May.2010, 10:14 AM
Post #11

For people who are unable to read, i repeat once and for all:
No faith can make a person superior than another. it's how you respect other human beings that make you a good person.
and for those who are unable to understand, here's what it means:
Being an imam, priest, whatever.. using your faith to climb up doesn't make someone superior or deserving of any trust. but when you respect all humans even without a faith in a god. then you are a good person.
+
Keith #5083
post 6.May.2010, 10:29 AM
Post #12

#NordicPrince
I think it would be fair to observe that when other religions are free from persecution in Arab lands, your argument for 'religious rights' in Western countries would have more credibility.
What,precisely,this has to do with this article,however, remains something of a mystery to me. I thought the article was about the rights of children to be free from abuse from adults. Though I can see that such a concept may well be hard to grasp in Arab lands as it has been hard to grasp in the West until recent years.
+
Twiceshy
post 6.May.2010, 10:41 AM
Post #13

you all understand - and this is the way sweden will go one day - if this had been done in say Iran or SA, then the GIRL would go to jail not the imam.
That is islam for you!
+
Authentica
post 6.May.2010, 10:49 AM
Post #14

He should be tried according to Sharia law. Cut off his hands or something and castrate him.
+
DamnImmigrant
post 6.May.2010, 10:53 AM
Post #15

@Twiceshy - "...if this had been done in say Iran or SA, then the GIRL would go to jail not the imam. That is islam for you!"

LOL

I just had to say, I am reading these posts and then this one gave me a good chuckle. Oh, the irony!

I was just talking to my daughter about this very fact (how the female victim is punished in those countries and cultures).

I was also reading how abuse perpetrated by the imums seems to be common in islamic schools.
+

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: