The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Geely 'won't jeopardize Volvo integrity'

The Local
post 21.Feb.2013, 07:52 AM
Post #1

Volvo Cars owner Geely plans to create a research centre in Gothenburg, western Sweden, to capitalize on advanced European technology.

The centre, to be located in the town that houses Volvo headquarters, will start operations by the end of this year to design parts for the next generation of small family cars for both firms, Geely said in a statement on Wednesday.

"Our group has ambitious goals to increase the competitiveness of our brands," Geely chairman Li Shufu said.

"Geely will continue to improve its product quality in the years to come and can learn from Volvo Cars," he added.

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
voiceofreason
post 21.Feb.2013, 05:37 PM
Post #2

The Japanese were willing to collaborate and also protect IP.
The problem everyone has with China is that they are only willing to copy without paying a dime for IP while at the same time using unfair rules to discriminate against foreign companies in their country
+
Kronaboy
post 25.Feb.2013, 10:17 AM
Post #3

@voiceofreason
And where exactly is the Japanese going to find the money, if you hadn't noticed the only financially viable option (apart from the Russians and Saudis) is the Chinese.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Sven, but I think you will find the Chinese are less tolerant of your over paid under performing racist nepotism; as I have stated before, once they have concluded their technology transfer (copy rights included) don't be too shocked if the whole manufacturing process is shipped somewhere further east (my money is on Bulgaria).
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: