The Local _ Life in Sweden _ Do Swedes like Black people?

Posted by: Juniorr 23.Feb.2013, 11:10 PM

Many years ago there were few black people in Scandanavia.
Now there are at least 1/2 blackmen living in every town or village in Sweden.

Do Swedes think black people, preferably Africans, are more accommodating or welcoming than Arabs?
What do you think of blackmen (pls your honest opinion)?
What do you think of Arabs?

Posted by: polartwist 23.Feb.2013, 11:24 PM

Oh no please, another flame war today no... I'm tired smile.gif

Posted by: jostein 23.Feb.2013, 11:25 PM

I do not have a clue. But if you collect the opinions of all and every "Swede" (i bet your definition is different from mine, we people all look alike to you folks, no doubt) and then feed them to excel, you will make sense of it.

Personally, i dislike black people less than i dislike Arabs. Arabs are powerful and organized enough to do real colonisation. They are also united in their (in my opinion) vile religion. Their religious organisations back home help their colonisation of my ancestoral lands with advice, infrastructure, ideology and moneys. Black people are more happy-go-lucky-visitors. Talented black people are often members of the international class of professionals that are the backbone of european cities. This class bothers noone, im all in favour of their right to exist. They have their habitat, they are a threat to noone.
"Not so taleneted black people" are great educators in the negatives of immigration. Footsoldiers in the movement, as it were. So i do not much mind them either.

Then again, black people is merely an etnicity. Or rather, "black people" is a european definition. According to africans, there are hundereds of people within the term "black people". My hunch is that "black people" have greater genetic variation between them than the variation between eurpeans and indians?

Not to mention, "black people" in sweden will die off by themselves due to lack of sunlight and lack of bodyfat and braggard biological systems when the hard times come. Me and mine have huge advantages in the competition with "black people". So i feel little ill will toward "black people". There is no need.

Posted by: polartwist 23.Feb.2013, 11:27 PM

Can I ask what black people think about us white?

Posted by: jostein 23.Feb.2013, 11:51 PM

Tidbit:
Black man used to be termed "Blåman" in swedish and in old norse. It is the term used in the bible until the 1990ies when it was exchanged for "Nubian" in the parable of Jesus: Can the leopard change its spots? Can the "blåman" change his skin?

The english word "black" comes from old norse "Blå" which was at a minimum used to denote the color black. Wether it was used for blue as well is not known today. The famous danish king "Harald Blåtand" should be read as "Harald Blacktooth". Which kind of puts a kink in his legend.

Another word for "Black" in old scandinavian is "Brun", meaning "dark", "Obscure", "of evil intent". However, I know of no use of "brun" to denote africans.

In prechristian times, it was considered especially beneficial to sacrifice dark-skinned victims at Disavägen 8 and hang them from their feet in the holy tree every seventh year. But then again, skincolor was secondary, my ancestors were most tolerant.

Posted by: Svensksmith 23.Feb.2013, 11:59 PM

Do all black people act the same? All Arabs? All Swedes? Better to take each person on an individual basis, don't you think?

Posted by: djmarko 24.Feb.2013, 09:09 AM

Once upon a time, this forum was a great source of information of how expats and immigrants can settle in Sweden, these days, it has been turned into a purely political forum, very boring if you ask me

Posted by: Coolrunnings 24.Feb.2013, 09:38 AM

Eritrean food is great, try it. People from there are generally easy to get along with. Somalians have a bad reputation though and quite rightly so.

Eritreans are far more enterprising, peaceful and easier to deal with than arabs in general, but this is a subjective opinion. I avoid arabs like the plague and with good reason. Happy now?

Posted by: dave.smith 24.Feb.2013, 10:34 AM

My buddy Amjad (who is a doctor) is well-liked by Swedes and non-Swedes alike. Although raised Muslim he managed to break free and become Westernized. He doesn't observe Islam, drinks alcohol, parties with our group of friends, and speaks fluent Swedish and English, is married to a Swedish woman, and does not agree with Sharia law, and is not pro-terrorism.

The exact opposite of jostein's anti-Muslim immigrant rantings, in fact.

Posted by: Svensksmith 24.Feb.2013, 12:46 PM

If I may speak for him, I think Jostein's rants are anti-Islam as opposed to anti-Muslim. As your friend does not follow Islam, your point is moot.

Islam has two faces. One, very peaceful. The other, not. One of my most favorite students of all the students I've encountered in 30 years of teaching, is a Muslim. He is absolutely the nicest, kindest and most likeable person that I have ever met. If all Muslims were like him, the world would smile. Of course, then there are others who stuff bombs in their underwear or behead those who don't believe as they do.

Posted by: CathySky 24.Feb.2013, 01:10 PM

This thread is ridiculous to say the least! Whether Arab, Black, Chinese, British etc..does it really matter?
You are all forgetting that we are all immigrants in Sweden regardless of race!!

Fact.

Posted by: vicky7 24.Feb.2013, 01:12 PM

The local is becoming a very boring forum with the same boring users talking about the same boring topics. Go to some swedish racist website and give your boring rants there instead!

Posted by: Juniorr 24.Feb.2013, 04:24 PM

"The problem of the twentieth century is the problem of the color line," thus speaks W.E.Dubois.
I will draw my life for illustraion, as Du Bois drew his: I encountered more comments on racism from Arabs than Swedes.

I am a black, or coloured if you like; but the only Swede that I met who applied a bit racist comment was in a bar. And believe me if I say this: I smiled at him, because I guessed it was not his fault. He wanted to say 'Hi' to me (from a distance, coz we met the other day there), but he doesn't know my name. Then he says (supposedly he was drunk) 'ehh my friend..black man..how are you'. I said gave him a smile and replied positively to him.

I didn't think he was being racist, when compared to a Morrocan (who thinks he is better than me, because his color was white) who says 'yes' he agrees that I am very tactical in football, 'but' I am 'black'. He laughed and later says he was joking.
I am a well travelled young man in his midst 20s, but honestly to my opinion I think many Arabs are a bunch of racist nonentities. Again not all Arabs, but a majority of them; and speaks volume of who they are.

Posted by: intrepidfox 24.Feb.2013, 04:36 PM

QUOTE (djmarko @ 24.Feb.2013, 09:09 AM) *

Today this forum is just a "help me" forum concerning MV not a discussion side.

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 24.Feb.2013, 04:46 PM

Why did you omit Black and Muslim racist websites?

QUOTE (vicky7 @ 24.Feb.2013, 01:12 PM) *

Posted by: Boeddha 24.Sep.2013, 02:03 AM

A secret reason is that Swedish women are rather promiscuous (I have no judgement against it) and they know that black men have large cocks. So, black men are high on their list to do before you die. Lucky men! rolleyes.gif

Posted by: Migga 24.Sep.2013, 07:28 AM

"Black people" isn`t a homogeneous group. There are tall people who have black skin, there are people who are short who have black skin. There are some with black skin who have big cocks, there are some people with black skin with small cocks. There are people with black skin from the USA, there are people with black skin from Africa. They share similarities with eachother, just like Swedes, but they are also different from eachother like the Swedes. All swedish women aren`t promiscuous for example, unless you want to stereotype. So no not all Swedes hate "Black people" and no not all Swedes love "Black people". The same goes for swedish women, not all love "Black people", but go ahead and keep cementing that sexualizing myth.

Posted by: Potentialexpat 24.Sep.2013, 02:41 PM

I must say Swedes are more concerned about nationality then ethnicity. An African who was granted asylum I met complained that Sweden was very racist while I said that I found it the opposite. Maybe it is because I am American, and he is African? I have really not encountered any serious racism in Sweden. By serious racism I mean racism from government agencies, and police departments or being asked to identify my race on a form like is common in the United States. There was a time me, and my friend were out searching for an after party once, and he told me someone said to him in Swedish "You cant come with the nigger." (these people were also dressed up like metal heads)

Obviously the Swede was to cowardly to say to my face in English, and my friend told me he was shocked. So yes it does exist like anywhere, but do not worry about cops unreasonably pulling you over or from public officials. In fact in my month in Sweden I have only encountered 1 incident of social racism...Which is honestly pretty good. Here people all the time tell me how racist Sweden is. Honestly maybe living all of my life in the United States, and experiencing actual racism has made me think racism in Sweden is kids stuff. Also Swedes are very non confrontational so your odds of getting in a fight with some Swedes over some racism is very very very very slim.The only time I almost got into a fight was with non Swedes.

I have experienced more racism in Sweden from other Americans then other Swedes. Americans ask me what country I am from while Swedes can tell I am American from the voice. Americans ask me "What nationality am I?" and when I answer that I am American they then reiterate "I meant what skin color are you?" Basically Swedes on average have an easier time accepting me as American than other Americans.

Now as for the very popular rumor that "Swedes are all into brown/black guys." Honestly yea plenty of them are, but I must say I feel they are more fascinated with me being American. They also will not be all crowding you, and sexually assaulting you/kidnapping you. Also you will not find most Swedish girls to be easy most prefer to get to know you over a fika or two/hanging out. Granted you might be able to find someone easy do not count on accomplishing this every weekend though. I also must say Swedish girls are interesting, and appreciate intellectual conversations.

Honestly this rumor of Sweden being this place of horny horny blondes that were into black guys/foreigners is a very much over hyped rumor, and here are my theories as to its origin.

1 Its possible that in the 60s-80s when there was basically no foreigners in Sweden, and the recent invention of birth control, and less fear of STDS that they were more sexually free, had less racial hangups and were very much into trying out a man that looked different. Its possible the rise of STDS+the addition of foreigners that make them feel uncomfortable, and to many idiotic horny foreigners because of the frequent EU travel has sort of destroyed this, and made Swedish girls more careful. Much like in the USA when free love got destroyed by STDS.

2 This rumor was started by Black American entertainers who have no problem getting laid anywhere because they are rich, famous, and already have a ton of loyal fans, and people that want to sleep with them. History has not changed much entertainers are still the same in that regard. This is very much true for all entertainers.

3 The rumor was started by men who went to Sweden did not score a bunch of girls, and then returned home lying their ass off.

4 This rumor is a combination of the following 3+ some additional unmentioned rumors.

Now the rumor that Swedish girls are beautiful that is a very true rumor most American girls cannot match up to them in looks, and brains.

Posted by: Svensksmith 24.Sep.2013, 03:23 PM

I have a large red cock. Every morning it rises early and crows.

Posted by: dave.smith 24.Sep.2013, 05:31 PM

Good points, Potentialexpat.

Swedes are definitely less racist than most nationalities, including British and American (although it seems that Brits are better than most Americans, besides those in the East Coast / Northeast and California / Washington State. Those areas seem to be more liberal, but as for the other areas...

Swedes are far more intelligent than most nations, and it's easy to see when I compare my former work colleagues to my current Swedish employees. Swedes would almost all be considered "rock star" programmers, finding quick and smart solutions, whereas the typical British developer will slog for hours and find a solution, but not a pretty one (this is obviously not true of all Brits, for example, me).

I think intelligence and lack of racism go hand in hand. Even Swedes from rural areas are typically more educated than the average American redneck, and for some reason, even uneducated Swedes have a built in tolerance and wisdom that raises them above other nations.

Before I sound like I'm just trumping up Swedes, I have to say that I have met a few bad apples, and even aside from those, many Swedes have faults. But doing comparisons, average Swede to average Brit, I am very glad I live in Sweden.

As for the girls, it's true that they are stunning. But what really malkes them special is that they are more open and tolerant than British girls. I could never get a blonde, pretty girlfriend in the UK because I was considered a nerd at school, and a weird computer guy after school. I started riding horses as a way to meet girls in the UK, and it worked - but I never had successful relationships and they were still very few and far between. It was nice that I found a most enjoyable hobby at the same time. But when I came to Sweden things just fell into place. The girls were less judgemental and more willing to give me a chance. I slept with more girls in the first 6 months I was here than my entire life in the UK.

After all I had been through I deserved a blonde girlfriend, and I finally found one, in Sweden smile.gif

Posted by: AgeOfReason 24.Sep.2013, 05:56 PM

QUOTE (dave.smith @ 24.Sep.2013, 06:31 PM) *
... I deserved a blonde girlfriend ...

Eh! blink.gif

Posted by: dave.smith 24.Sep.2013, 06:58 PM

Something wrong, AgeOfReason?

You have no idea what I have been through:

1. Bullied at school

2. Overworked at work

3. Nervous breakdown in my early 20s

4. Didn't find it easy to find girlfriends, impossible to find blonde and pretty

5. Several failed ventures

6. Built myself back up and became wealthy

7. Depressed with the UK and moved to Sweden at the suggestion of Swedish internet friends

8. Adaped to a whole different country and culture, started successful IT company

All this, and more!

And despite all that I have a blonde, pretty wife and 2 cute blonde kids.

Posted by: Svensksmith 24.Sep.2013, 07:11 PM

Doesn't mean you "deserve" anything, Dave. Just means that you got lucky.

Posted by: dave.smith 24.Sep.2013, 07:47 PM

Svensksmith, I don't like that line of thinking because it promotes a defeatist attitude and outlook. At any point I could have said "Oh well. I can't get a blonde girlfriend because I am just not lucky enough, I guess luckier guys will be the only ones who can ever have a blonde girlfriend and I should just be happy with what I can get."

I could have said this and had that attitude - but I didn't.

Posted by: Boeddha 24.Sep.2013, 10:37 PM

@Migga. You seem to have a lot of cock knowledge. wink.gif
@ SvenskSmith. Wrong color! tongue.gif

Posted by: Ivor stephé 25.Sep.2013, 12:18 AM

And despite all that I have a blonde, pretty wife and 2 cute blonde kids.

I take it you yourself are not blonde?

Posted by: Herlie 25.Sep.2013, 12:24 AM

haha dave, you seem to think you're the only one who had to struggle? Open your eyes a bit, love. Just about everybody has had all that and more.

As for the topic, I've not seen any racism, but then I don't have any non swedish friends nor am I generally a target. My own belief, however, is you ought to stop focussing on the news and try talking to someone from these ethnic groups mentioned. You might find yourself saying 'I'm not racist me, my best friend is black' about that person.

Posted by: dave.smith 25.Sep.2013, 06:03 AM

Ivor, no... Medium brown

Posted by: dave.smith 25.Sep.2013, 06:08 AM

Herlie, how so?

Posted by: Herlie 25.Sep.2013, 07:36 AM

How so what? Could you be more specific please?

Posted by: dave.smith 25.Sep.2013, 07:56 AM

How is it possible to compare all of the struggles I have been through, starting with bullying at school, to having terrible luck with girls, to having a breakdown, and everything else - to an average person?

Yes, I know everyone has issues, but mine were severe, especially in my younger years, yet I still managed to find a blonde girlfriend.

Posted by: AgeOfReason 25.Sep.2013, 08:58 AM

QUOTE (dave.smith @ 25.Sep.2013, 08:56 AM) *
yet I still managed to find a blonde girlfriend.

Again, Eh??? blink.gif and ...deserve... blink.gif

It sounds like your wife as a person isn't important but the colour of hair is and she is just a thing!

Each to their own I suppose, though it doesn't sound like it will end well sad.gif does the wife know that you deserve Her because of past events, and not want to be with her for who she is?

Posted by: Ivor stephé 25.Sep.2013, 09:00 AM

QUOTE (dave.smith @ 25.Sep.2013, 06:03 AM) *
Ivor, no... Medium brown

Isn't the brown hair gene found in males usually a lot more predominant in their offspring?
Either way, good to see that things that are important to you such as hair colour, have been achieved through your children.

Posted by: dave.smith 25.Sep.2013, 09:21 AM

Nice stirring attempt, Ivor, but they definitely are my children smile.gif

And for the record, I don't care about their hair colour - but I do prefer blonde women. You cannot say this is wrong because it is a personal preference.

Posted by: Ivor stephé 25.Sep.2013, 09:24 AM

Sorry Dave, I don't understand.
Why wouldn't they be your children?

Posted by: dave.smith 25.Sep.2013, 09:31 AM

Byke, we don't need to rehash this.

Posted by: Ivor stephé 25.Sep.2013, 09:44 AM

What?

Posted by: dave.smith 25.Sep.2013, 10:04 AM

Welcome back, byke smile.gif

No one else would:

1. Start a thread about racial profiling in Sweden AND

2. Be so interested in stirring when the topic is my children

Posted by: Ivor stephé 25.Sep.2013, 10:15 AM

@Dave Smith: nice try, but you couldn't be more wrong. I didn't start this thread and you was the one who started bringing in the value of having blonde hair. Paranoid much?.

Ivor

Posted by: dave.smith 25.Sep.2013, 10:31 AM

Ok, fair enough.

If you really must know, my wife and I had issues before we were married and I suspected she had had an affair. Since our son has blue eyes and I have brown, I was concerned. However, a subsequent DNA test proved that my fears were not valid.

So yes, apparently it is possible to have blonde, blue eyed children even if you have brown hair and eyes.

Byke really enjoyed winding me up about this topic at every opportunity.

Posted by: Ivor stephé 25.Sep.2013, 10:38 AM

You had a DNA test b'cos of the color of your kids hair and eyes?
How did your wife? take that?

Posted by: dave.smith 25.Sep.2013, 10:44 AM

I had an explanation that she found reasonable, I don't want to give the details here, obviously.

Posted by: Ivor stephé 25.Sep.2013, 10:57 AM

Fair enough.
And you were able to get this test done in Sweden and processed at a local paternity lab without any problems? That has to have been pricey, but sure it meant peace of mind.

Posted by: AgeOfReason 25.Sep.2013, 11:12 AM

QUOTE (Ivor stephé @ 25.Sep.2013, 10:00 AM) *

It is a little less straight forward than that with hair colour, it isn't a simple case of dominant or recessive genes, it is about the quantity of pigment production determined by a total number of genes for hair pigment production. They work in an additive manner, so a parent with darker hair may still have a number of genes for less pigment production, when the combination of genes happens it could be that the child gets a majority of no/low pigment producing genes in total, ending up with lighter hair. This can also happen for kids where both parents have dark hair the child gets light colour.
Also, many kids when small have light color than tends to darken as the years go by. Hair colour is not a good measure of whether the kids are yours or not. Unless of course it is black wiry and curly ...and the wife is a swede, according the the earlier entry about their love for big poultry biggrin.gif

Posted by: Seamus Sean 25.Sep.2013, 12:24 PM

Dave if I was you I´d pay little heed to this Ivor guy.

You come across as a decent bloke, Ivor not so much.

You see on the other thread he started he hadn´t a clue what he was on about and tried to make out I was the one who was misinformed, he tries to put words in people´s mouth when he has clearly been found out as being ignorant on the subject at hand!

´So chin up and keep doing what you are doing! smile.gif

Posted by: Ivor stephé 25.Sep.2013, 12:44 PM

So this is your way to try and claw back some dignity laugh.gif
Claiming of putting words in your mouth and using a completely separate thread to try and smear a person. laugh.gif
Get back to the other thread instead of wrecking other threads with more useless and unrelated posts.

Ivor

Posted by: Migga 25.Sep.2013, 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Boeddha @ 24.Sep.2013, 10:37 PM) *
@Migga. You seem to have a lot of cock knowledge. wink.gif

Yup, I asked ya motha. wink.gif

Posted by: Svensksmith 25.Sep.2013, 02:25 PM

Dave, the stuff you worked hard for in life is deserved. But just because you suffered as a kid is not justification for deserving anything...except maybe happiness in your adult years because you have risen above. None of us really deserve the love of our wives but we are fortunate to have it. That's what makes love such a gift.

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 25.Sep.2013, 09:04 PM

The name of this thread seems to imply that neither group is admired by the Swedish people...It is like:..."Have you stopped beating your wife"?

Any reply would be negative to the question.

Posted by: Herlie 26.Sep.2013, 08:21 AM

QUOTE (dave.smith @ 25.Sep.2013, 07:56 AM) *

How do you know what the average person goes through?
I actually think your issues aren't that severe! That's called LIFE I'm afraid!
Terrible luck with girls? Have you considered that perhaps that was your own fault and not something fate decided to dish out? Having a breakdown? Perhaps others avoid it by seeking help instead of letting themselves slide down the spiral, especially if they have dependants.

You're coming across as quite the victim. Perhaps you made bad decisions, or you really have been just unlucky, but you cannot tell me what the 'average person' goes through just by looking at them on the street.

Posted by: Herlie 26.Sep.2013, 08:24 AM

Just for the record, I have dark brown hair and very dark brown eyes. My daughter has blonde hair and striking slate-grey eyes. I obviously have no doubts that she is mine -.-

Posted by: intrepidfox 27.Sep.2013, 07:17 PM

I think that everyone should stop hassling Dave as he has a blond wife and gave up his chocolate collection for her

Posted by: keenanp 1.Oct.2013, 05:51 AM

Wow, what a question... You cannot generalize an entire people as liking or disliking black people. What does it even mean? For example, I don't mind black people but the few black people I've met were rather loud and eccentric, and it made me uncomfortable. So I guess it was mostly cultural.. But we didn't have many black people were I was raised.

Posted by: djmarko 1.Oct.2013, 07:50 AM

think the thread is so stupid!! how is this going to help anyone settle in Sweden?? thought thats what this forum was all about?? it is definitely going down the drain

Posted by: Ivor stephé 1.Oct.2013, 08:03 AM

QUOTE (djmarko @ 1.Oct.2013, 07:50 AM) *

I cant see why questions relating to racial issues cant be asked in the forum, either for potential movers or people living here. Its an important aspect of life quality and we would all be lying if we said Sweden didn't have such issues.

But its interesting to see different peoples perspectives of who this forum is aimed towards.
I myself see it as a forum for open debate and related to Swedish news.

The usual MV questions etc, I have always felt were slightly out of place since many of the questions are quite in-depth and that such answers would be advisable to obtain from a government source.

As for the Forum going down the drain. I cant comment as I only registered in August.
But according to this thread, this question has been up since February.

Posted by: AgeOfReason 1.Oct.2013, 08:12 AM

QUOTE (Ivor stephé @ 1.Oct.2013, 09:03 AM) *

It is people like you that try to inflate things as racial issues in the first place. The choice of whom one has sex with etc.. is a choice that is a personal choice, it does not mean it is a racially based decision. At the base level nature comes into play and makes the chemical connections that gets one into bed wink.gif

Posted by: Ivor stephé 1.Oct.2013, 09:15 AM

Thats a very serious claim, I hope you have some sort of concrete proof to back that up.
And not just that political babble you often use to knit pick on words or terms commonly used in society.
I havent made any comment on Sex or whom one should have sex with.

I have had to have a good look over this thread to see if there was any indication of your claim, but have not found anything that suggest your claim.

Although I have found references from others who accuse you of having political responses.
There have been 2 threads started by me concerning race.

1. http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/skanepolisen-lat-fler-anvanda-romregistret/
2. http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?showtopic=61114&hl=nazi

The first thread was relating to the news scandal in Sweden regarding lists of Romani, to which over 1000 of whom are children as young as 2 years old! Which has been widely condemned as a racist register based entirely on ethnicity (which you opposed)

The second thread talked about a parade by a political party what is dubbed the Swedish Nazi party, that was allowed to march through the main streets in the centre of Stockholm with police protection. And how it would appear that the news reported on the procession was biased in the numbers reported. Which you yourself proclaimed they were proud to be labelled racist. Followed by your objections to things relating to "hate speech".

So tell me again how I am trying to "inflate" racial hatred?
Appart from discussing issues that clearly effect Sweden, that many are too ashamed to acknowledge such things happen here and look to suppress. While you yourself have stated many times you oppose immigration and defend things like ethnicity registers (to support crime prevention) and defend groups like the svenskarnas party as democratic. At the same time opposing things such as laws relating to hate.

Posted by: Seamus Sean 1.Oct.2013, 10:31 AM

QUOTE (djmarko @ 1.Oct.2013, 07:50 AM) *

I thought it is a place for people to come discuss stuff..It even says it on the Tin??
the title even says it...DISCUSS!

People can´t be settling here for ever, the days of sitting on a cardboard box drinking tea from a jam jar, tea that was made from water boiled in a sauce pan due to a room with wrongly marked moving boxes and continue asking questions here that they would most times find an answer on Google faster, taking up space from all those so eager to fling themselves at each other in bouts of word feuding that would make the hair on the back of your neck rise up...debating lords from all over come together to discuss the issues of today, sides are taken lines in the sand are drawn and so begins frank, open adult debate,...well maybe only in my head or in a perfect world, it is hard to make it work in these parts!

I´m not blaming the "settlers", just arrived off the boat wanting to buy a cheap all American egg slicer at 11pm on a Wednesday night in Umeå and needs to start a thread about her quest. Soon she´s all OMG´d from like 5 or 6 other homesick Yanks, some had the every same problem...well it wasn´t the same town and it was like only 10.30pm like at night but it was still an OMG egg slicer! OMG!!! They bond...and the day after the egg slicer blog is born, Tuesday night meet ups are now on from dawn to dusk you can see what became of the egg slicer quest! A name for the club has yet to be thought up but soon..

You wouldn´t get that from Google! But you will get lots and lots of most informative information covering thousands of areas and questions that may arise. Which leads me to those that have settled but are still finding their feet. They are good with the questions too, such as...

Squirrels are stealing my nuts, help
when do I put on my winter tyres? ...in the winter!
When do I cut my grass?
How many light bulbs is it safe for a goat to eat?
Why is the snow so white?

I rather enjoy such questions and oft times I am unable to write my reply as I am sure others must be feeling the same also...feelings will be hurt if it´s pointed out how idiotic the question asked is at times, other times the question can be vital and get your head working but its the silly ones that I love still.

But discussion can spring forth from such threads, words will fly back and forth and soon the topic first brought up can be left behind and forgotten.

Then there are those that come to debate, they´ll post up a news story, generally from that day and debate and discussion breaks out, it can be a strangely nice way to end the day, try and stay within the rules, no swearing or getting personal, so that´s my take on just why some on the Localers pound their key boards getting their points across, sharing the contents of the head´s with the world.

There will always be the ones that want to cause trouble and unrest for others, popping in saying something them hiding under Mammas bed, the trolls of course, most with a few IDs, again easy to spot but if allowed run you can see the style of writing, writers return to their own style after a short time, then the troll is found!

But what I think is required around here is a steady flow of tumble weeds some days it gets very quite around here, a lot more watching rather than writing, pity as a few new faces would be most welcome on the forum...come on in and we´ll cancel the tumble weed order! smile.gif

Posted by: Seamus Sean 1.Oct.2013, 10:31 AM

QUOTE (djmarko @ 1.Oct.2013, 07:50 AM) *

the title even says it...DISCUSS!

Squirrels are stealing my nuts, help
when do I put on my winter tyres? ...in the winter!
When do I cut my grass?
How many light bulbs is it safe for a goat to eat?
Why is the snow so white?

Posted by: marner 5.Oct.2013, 04:55 PM

from what I see, Swedes don't like black people at all, this is very obvious somethimes

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 5.Oct.2013, 05:26 PM

That is an obvious over-statement...and it begs the question...why should they like black people???

Are black people any better than other people, etc.???

And why should any other people like black people...better than another people???

Posted by: Svensksmith 5.Oct.2013, 05:37 PM

Someone wiser than me once said, "We are all more alike than we are different."

Seems to me if we focused on our similarities instead of our differences, we'd all get along.

Posted by: Ivor stephé 21.Nov.2013, 11:04 AM

I wonder who's the most famous "black" person in Sweden?
Nothing really springs to mind.

Posted by: Seamus Sean 21.Nov.2013, 11:34 AM

A better question could be why you would drag up an old thread, almost 2 months since anyone posted, have you really sooooo little going on in your life that not only do you wander the net trying to find facts to back up your lies but you also scroll way back through old threads trying to find something to pass your time, how sad are you???

But to answer your question I

Posted by: skogsbo 21.Nov.2013, 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Seamus Sean @ 21.Nov.2013, 11:34 AM) *

you have to remember this is Byke, reminiscing, harking back to the good old days. They probably posted on some of these old threads.

Posted by: Seamus Sean 21.Nov.2013, 12:10 PM

Byke/Ivor or whoever he is should really try get more, meet real people, start to live in the real world.

He contradicts himself and gets caught out lying on threads, gets shown up for not knowing what he is debating about yet just deflects to off topic subjects...not really a great impression of a Swede, if he hailed from the same country as me I would be embarrassed and would urge him to shut up as he would be giving us a bad name!

Posted by: Hisingen 21.Nov.2013, 12:23 PM

Oh so true. Or they might even want to deport it.
laugh.gif

Posted by: Ivor stephé 21.Nov.2013, 04:52 PM

Department store apologises for racist stereotype in Christmas catalogue

Published: kl 14:23 , Radio Sweden

A picture of two black toy figures with red lips dressed in servants uniforms that appeared in the Christmas catalogue edition of Swedish department store chain hlns has caused upset. Management at hlns have removed the catalogues from the stores and apologised for causing offence.

Copies of hlns' Christmas catalogue were sent out to over half a million homes in Sweden last week. One picture though in the children's section brought a halt to production at the weekend after an employee spotted it and called management.

The picture, on a board alongside trains and building blocks, contained two figures made out of plastic beads - a black man and black woman with red lips, dressed in servants uniforms.
Head of Information at hlns, Cathrine Wigzell, told Swedish Radio: "She (the employee) thought it was sad because we work a lot with diversity issues. I felt that it is obvious that that picture should not have been included in the catalogue."

Following more complaints from customers, hlns removed the catalogues from its stores and the offending picture from its online edition.

Asked if she knew how someone at the company deemed it was a good idea to include the picture, Cathrine Wigzell said: "It's easy to start looking for scapegoats. I do not think that's what is important here, but we as a company take responsibility for missing this picture."

Posted by: intrepidfox 21.Nov.2013, 04:54 PM

And?

Posted by: Ivor stephé 21.Nov.2013, 05:36 PM

Pics of the catalog which caused public outcry can be seen here :

Posted by: intrepidfox 21.Nov.2013, 05:52 PM

Posted by: Ivor stephé 21.Nov.2013, 06:20 PM

It looks like hlns have not only apologised for the error.
But also stated it should never have been in there.

Posted by: Seamus Sean 21.Nov.2013, 06:20 PM

Ivor this story was on The Local yesterday...old news, sorry!

By the way you never said if you are working for the local or not?

If you were you

Posted by: Ivor stephé 21.Nov.2013, 06:27 PM

The date of when the article may have been posted elsewhere and how its referenced in a thread relating to the same subject has no value.

I do not work for The Local, although I do inform them when members step out of line.

Posted by: Hisingen 21.Nov.2013, 06:33 PM

Hope you have told them about your misdemeanours then ! ! !

tongue.gif

Posted by: Ivor stephé 21.Nov.2013, 06:45 PM

Posted by: intrepidfox 21.Nov.2013, 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Ivor steph @ 21.Nov.2013, 06:27 PM) *

So you are the creep that we all have learnt to know, especially your remarks about Remembrance Sunday. You should be ashamed of yourself and the same goes for TL that did not ban you, which i did report to them but it seems you have direct contact with them

Posted by: Ivor stephé 21.Nov.2013, 07:13 PM

As seen in SVD.

Posted by: Seamus Sean 21.Nov.2013, 07:50 PM

I am sorry to say I don

Posted by: Poca 22.Nov.2013, 01:48 AM

and in your mind they were wrong to be shocked and in upset? Do you understand that it look bad to them or because you don't see a problem with you that it means that there isn't a problem at all?

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 21.Nov.2013, 05:52 PM) *
And?

People are so politically correct. Its these lefties that cause hatred. A child could not care less. We had the same in the 80s with The Greater London Council with equal opportunities etc. The coloured people that i worked with were shocked with the crap which caused so so many problems and hatred

Posted by: intrepidfox 22.Nov.2013, 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Poca @ 22.Nov.2013, 01:48 AM) *

They were shocked and upset because it caused rasism because the leader at the time Ken Livingstone caused so many problems

Posted by: Poca 22.Nov.2013, 10:57 PM

You did not answer my question.

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 22.Nov.2013, 01:59 PM) *

Posted by: intrepidfox 22.Nov.2013, 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Poca @ 22.Nov.2013, 10:57 PM) *
You did not answer my question.

Yes i have

Posted by: Poca 23.Nov.2013, 01:26 AM

My question to you?

In your mind meaning according to you...

QUOTE (Poca @ 22.Nov.2013, 02:48 AM) *