The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Moving to Sweden

Resident card/permit or not??

post 29.Mar.2018, 04:59 PM
Post #1
Joined: 29.Mar.2018


I am a Nordic citizen, also considered EU/EES citizen. My sambo, who is a US citizen,
just moved to Sweden. It is easy for me, as a Nordic citizen, and I already have my
number and ID through Skatteverket. My sambo is not have much luck with Skattaverket,
but we are still trying.

What I can't get my head around is that some people say that if you can get folkbokford with
skattaverket, and in her case, she is supposed to have uppehallsratt through me, she
shouldn't need to go through Migrationverket? Does Skattaverk issue the resident card?

I would assume there is some other Nordic citizen out there, i.e. non-swede, who has
with his/her sambo to Sweden, the sambo being non-EU/EES citizen, and I would love to
hear their story.

Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: