The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4   Reply to this topic

How shallow and insecure are Swedes?

Solidarity or not?

byke
post 26.Feb.2010, 09:07 PM
Post #46

Comparing Afghanistan or Iraq with Sweden?
Thats kinda setting the bar pretty low isnt it?
Go to the top of the page
+
mkvgtired
post 27.Feb.2010, 08:11 PM
Post #47

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 9.Feb.2010, 07:32 AM) *
Anybody that has been feed a TV diet of CSI NY and Law and Order, starts to believe that just about anybody they meet on the street is a potential Mugger or rapist rolleyes.gif

I was speaking to a woman in Mainz Germany that watched "those" types of American shows. She told me that she would love to go to America someday, but wanted to wait until her children were out of college so they were not dependent on her anymore. She was truly concerned that she may be caught in gang crossfire and killed rolleyes.gif . My best friend's wife is German and both her brothers were surprised I have never seen anyone get shot since I live in Chicago. Everyone needs to remember these shows are not real life smile.gif .

I am not telling anyone how to live, but some of the most interesting people I have ever met are people I randomly started talking to. I like to travel by myself so I can not seclude myself in my group of friends. You really get a better feel for the country (or city) you travel to by yourself because you can cut yourself off from your friends and really get a feel for the place. I know it is out of most people's comfort zone, but I would highly recommend trying it at least once. Most people would be surprised how much they have in common with people from other cultures.
+
craicen
post 27.Feb.2010, 08:19 PM
Post #48

Me too. Mostly travel alone and always meet people. Would recommend it.
+

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: