The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Jobs for drivers

Needing help please

Scotsman1979
post 12.Jun.2018, 01:39 PM
Post #1

Hej, just new to this so hi all just recently moved to sweden from Scotland a few months ago with my wife due to family problems (she is from Sweden) I’ve been trying to get in somewhere with the trucking companies been for a few interviews but they all want forklift license which I don’t have plus noticing most is wag and drag not a problem but never driven as mostly just artics in the uk. Was wondering if there was drivers in here with tips on jobs or someone who can help willing to do long distance work. Currently living Skåne region Swedish speaking for me still learning to (not easy) any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Tack smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Martian
post 12.Jun.2018, 01:54 PM
Post #2

Get the forklift license in that case. It shouldn't cost more than 3000kr and you can as well get it done in English.
+
intrepidfox
post 12.Jun.2018, 03:11 PM
Post #3

You could ask Arbetsförmedling if they can put you on a forklift driving course especially if you state that it will get you a job
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 12.Jun.2018, 03:19 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 12.Jun.2018, 04:11 PM) *
You could ask Arbetsförmedling if they can put you on a forklift driving course especially if you state that it will get you a job

A license for forklifts costs on the scale of 3000 sek and can be completed in a weekend. I don't think he needs support from AF for that.
+
Svedallas
post 12.Jun.2018, 04:57 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 12.Jun.2018, 04:19 PM) *
A license for forklifts costs on the scale of 3000 sek and can be completed in a weekend. I don't think he needs support from AF for that.

+1
+
intrepidfox
post 13.Jun.2018, 09:12 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 12.Jun.2018, 02:19 PM) *

Why not. He is uemployed. It is AF`s duty to help him.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 13.Jun.2018, 10:47 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 13.Jun.2018, 10:12 AM) *
Why not. He is uemployed. It is AF`s duty to help him.

Do you also think that AF should help unemployed Afghan tourists in Sweden? Besides, the previous government hogtied AF by deciding that they should only focus on people furthest away from employment. So if the only thing that stands between him and employment is a 3000 sek license he will probably be waiting for a very long time before he gets any support from AF.
+
intrepidfox
post 13.Jun.2018, 11:21 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 13.Jun.2018, 10:47 AM) *
Do you also think that AF should help unemployed Afghan tourists in Sweden? Besides, the previous government hogtied AF by deciding that they should only focus on people furth ... (show full quote)

Well it seems that anybody illegal or any asylum seeker gets help so why not help a person that is legal. The long term unemployed have not received any help, they are still on pathetic courses where as the new immigrants are getting all the resourses. That is a fact.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 13.Jun.2018, 11:27 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 13.Jun.2018, 12:21 PM) *
Well it seems that anybody illegal or any asylum seeker gets help so why not help a person that is legal. The long term unemployed have not received any help, they are still o ... (show full quote)

Indeed. I am as furious as the rest of them. Need a couple of months of interning to get enough experience to be employable, denied!

Need decades to even achieve basic literacy? Welcome, the coffers are bottomless.
+
intrepidfox
post 13.Jun.2018, 11:36 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 13.Jun.2018, 11:27 AM) *
Indeed. I am as furious as the rest of them. Need a couple of months of interning to get enough experience to be employable, denied!Need decades to even achieve basic lite ... (show full quote)

Totally agree. After almost 3 decades here i´ve seen changes which are only negative. Unfortunately the elections in September will make no difference at all. The idiots in power have no idea about reality
+
intrepidfox
post 13.Jun.2018, 11:41 AM
Post #11

To the op

Here are a few links with forklift truck courses in Malmö in English

http://www.truckverket.se/truckutbildning/engelska.html

https://truckforarutbildning.nu/truckutbildning-malmo/

I´ve done the course when i worked for Volvo years ago. Really easy.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: