The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Physiotherapy internship needed

...but no one is willing to give me an internship

chicha
post 16.Jul.2018, 04:04 PM
Post #1

Dear all,

I am desperately searching for an internship. As an EU citizen, I have just obtained my legitimation as a physiotherapist, and all my credentials are valid. However, no one will hire me because they say I must have some experience in the Swedish market, despite having 8 years in my home country.

I have spoken with arbetsförmedlingen who will support my internship. However, private clinics do not let me do the internship and always recommend to go to public hospitals. In turn, public hospitals say they already have agreements with local universities.

I'm left in this limbo where I cannot work without an internship, and no one is willing to give me one.

How do you go from here? Where would you look for an internship? If it matters, I am currently based in Stockholm, but don't mind going somewhat far away.

Thank you so much in advance
C
Go to the top of the page
+
ChocOwl
post 17.Jul.2018, 10:55 AM
Post #2

There is a Facebook group called "Framtida Vårdpersonal" - mostly for foreign-trained doctors, but you might find some info or contacts there.
Otherwise, have you looked for a professional organisation for physiotherapists?
+
chicha
post 17.Jul.2018, 10:57 AM
Post #3

Thanks for your message. Yes, I have contacted fysioterapeuterna (waiting for their reply now). I have also contacted several clinics but to no avail... I will post on the facebook group that you just mentioned, thanks.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: