The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
29 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »    Reply to this topic

SI + University Scholarships 2017 - Sweden MS

Scholarship news and results

bhsn
post 1.Apr.2017, 04:58 AM
Post #61

QUOTE (KTshady @ 31.Mar.2017, 12:58 PM) *
Guys! I've just got a reply from the Uppsala university."Successful applicants for a scholarship has to respond to the scholarship offer on the 12th of April at t ... (show full quote)

Wow lucky you! I guess its a good sign because i emailed them quite earlier before but didnt get a reply at all...
Go to the top of the page
+
polymaxim
post 1.Apr.2017, 11:50 AM
Post #62

From SI facebook page:

Q: Hello Yan, I heard that shortlisted candidate will receive an email to confirm whether they were former scholarship holder on several days before announcement. Is that true?

A: Hi, no it is not. Please wait till 10 April. /Yan, SI Scholarship Team

I guess patience is the name of the game smile.gif
+
Davit
post 1.Apr.2017, 12:13 PM
Post #63

Guys I also got that email from Uppsala informing about the process of listing on reserve. However I don't think it's something important. It's rather a formality.
+
Davit
post 1.Apr.2017, 12:24 PM
Post #64

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910330

That's definitely positive to recieve such an email. I got the same but I was told my chances were low. So congrats! You still have pretty good chances! wink.gif
+
Davit
post 1.Apr.2017, 12:29 PM
Post #65

Btw, does anyone know how do they calculate our point or whatever they use to rank us?
I mean I've got both BA and MA degrees in the same field, pretty acceptable references and motivation letter but I was placed in reserve and told very politely I've got no chances as my ranking was low. What should I do to prove I am not able pay that tuition? Should I complain or/and cry? ohmy.gif
+
cnr2017
post 1.Apr.2017, 03:08 PM
Post #66

QUOTE (Davit @ 1.Apr.2017, 02:29 PM) *
Btw, does anyone know how do they calculate our point or whatever they use to rank us?I mean I've got both BA and MA degrees in the same field, pretty acceptable reference ... (show full quote)

That's one strong background you have but I think maybe something that is so important to them didn't come out clearly compared to your competitors.

Sometimes complains do help but I think the schorlaship are so competitive, it might not really change the status.
+
thaole
post 1.Apr.2017, 03:12 PM
Post #67

QUOTE (tjugosjo @ 26.Mar.2017, 05:53 PM) *
Also admitted at Gothenburg and waiting for the SI scholarship. Let's hope we get good news! Does anybody know whether we have to say yes to the offer on UA or whether ... (show full quote)

Hey tjugosjo, I emailed the SI team this same question too and this is their response:

"Dear Thao,

No, you can accept the study place now if you want. It won’t affect your chances of receiving a scholarship. However, in case you are not awarded a scholarship then you would be required to pay a tuition fee if you want to keep your study place."

Hope this helps. Cheers!
+
cribla
post 1.Apr.2017, 03:13 PM
Post #68

QUOTE (Davit @ 1.Apr.2017, 12:29 PM) *
Btw, does anyone know how do they calculate our point or whatever they use to rank us?I mean I've got both BA and MA degrees in the same field, pretty acceptable reference ... (show full quote)

Hi Davit,

I think you don't have to prove it anyhow because most of students who apply for this scholarships are in the same situation - they (we) can't afford to pay the tuition fee!
But personally i believe (maybe I am wrong) that they don't want to hear from you that you don't have money to pay your studies, they want to hear about your motivation, future plans and they are looking for change makers!!! They will shape an image of you and your abilities to be a leader based on your CV, motivation an reference...

I am from Moldova and I am desperately waiting for Visby. Every day I read, reread my CV, motivation, reference and thinking what would they think about it...the true is that I can't have an objective opinion because I don't know what others wrote

p.s. my mother language is Romanian! but I am love with Russian and German languages smile.gif
+
cribla
post 1.Apr.2017, 03:19 PM
Post #69

QUOTE (Davit @ 1.Apr.2017, 12:29 PM) *

And btw, what do you mean with "pretty acceptable" ? biggrin.gif It should be perfect, so that when you read it you think "omg, I am the best, I am awesome" ...
+
Davit
post 1.Apr.2017, 04:16 PM
Post #70

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910355

Dude, when I say preety acceptable I say it in a deep sarcastic way. We all know how to compose an ''acceptable'' Motivation letter...
I've introduced myself quite preciesly and it's true about my vision of future, leading qualities and skills etc as well.
Coming to complaining or crying, I was sarcastic even worse: In fact, I never complain...
What I really care about is the abstracting way of ranking us for the university scholarship without particular requirements that Visby Does require, for example.

We're in the same boat, I'm from Armenia and my country's going to participate in Visby race first time this year and hopefully I'll get a scholarship. Last year Moldova got only four Visby scholarships, so let's hope this year they'll give more including you.
+
cribla
post 1.Apr.2017, 04:41 PM
Post #71

QUOTE (Davit @ 1.Apr.2017, 04:16 PM) *
https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910355Dude, when I say preety acceptable I say it in a deep sarcastic way. We all know how to compose an ''accep ... (show full quote)

I hope you will be among the lucky Visby holders smile.gif
As far as I know they try to distribute the number of scholarships per country proportional to the number of applicants from the same country! The competition is normally around 5 persons for one scholarship...so let's hope for the best smile.gif
+
Davit
post 1.Apr.2017, 05:05 PM
Post #72

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910360

I haven't ever heard or read a thing about the process however, obviously all you said is quite logical. Russia and Ukraine were the leaders of shcolarship holders last year.
Yep, let's hope... there's nothing to do more.
+
Gvantsa
post 1.Apr.2017, 08:09 PM
Post #73

Hello guys,

As it is stated the foremost for visby is to see our potential and leadership to make a difference in our country smile.gif plus all our accumulated experiences and skills will be taken into account. hope for the best for all of us!

Good luck
+
nkse94
post 1.Apr.2017, 09:41 PM
Post #74

Hello folks,

Does anybody know about university scholarships in the form of reduction in tuition fee? What's the usual number of these scholarships for Uppsala and Chalmers? What's the chance of getting these scholarships?
+
pipepaniagua
post 2.Apr.2017, 12:07 AM
Post #75

Does anyone know if there is a specific quantity of scholarships for each country? In order to promote diversity of nationalities? Or do they choose the scholarship holders based entirely on their own merit?
+

29 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: