The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Samordningsnummer Changed to Personnummer

New passport required?

umers
post 2.Oct.2015, 08:02 PM
Post #1

I recently moved back to Sweden with my son who was born outside of Sweden and thus issued a Samordningsnummer and issued a Swedish passport from Swedish embassy, now I am back in Sweden and my son has been issued a person number and skatteverket say that Samordningsnummer is no longer valid, now do I have to get a new passport made for my son or can this passport with Samordningsnummer written on it be used until it expires? It's expiry is around 4 years from now .
Go to the top of the page
+
LLHope
post 3.Oct.2015, 07:59 AM
Post #2

Ring the local police station that handles passport applications and ask them if it needs changing.
+
Case officer
post 3.Oct.2015, 09:05 AM
Post #3

A passport do not need to contain these numbers in the first place. Your son's passport is still valid.
+
umers
post 20.Nov.2015, 10:49 PM
Post #4

Thankyou for the replies

@ case officer : on page 2 and page 3 of the passport the person number / samordningsnummer is printed along with other details so that is why i am confused if i should make a new passport?

I tried calling the police station that deals with passports and they do not have a confirm answer as to whether i need to get a new or not but they lady said that if she was in my position she would make a new

So i am still not sure what exactly does the law say about this
+
Case officer
post 21.Nov.2015, 02:34 AM
Post #5

Under the international ICAO standards, a passport must include the full name of the bearer, date of birth, citizenship, date of issue, date of expiry, who issued the passport, a serial number and a photo of the bearer. A Swedish personal number is not required.
+
umers
post 21.Nov.2015, 09:24 PM
Post #6

So this means that the immigration people at airport should not create a problem as long as the passport is valid.
+
mellanvestern
post 10.Aug.2017, 04:44 PM
Post #7

The personnummer is part of the machine readable passport information, so whether or not the passport is still valid, I'd bite the bullet and get a new one.

Think of it as a one-time insurance payment.
+
axiom
post 11.Aug.2017, 06:35 AM
Post #8

It's 350:sek for a new passport, why even double think it?
+
jensleman1986
post 14.Aug.2017, 12:09 AM
Post #9

Hi smile.gif
I am a swedish citizen and I have a swedish pass, adress and personnumer.
My child was born outside of EU conutry, and he is also swedish citizen because i am in marrige with his mother (she not have any EU pass) , but my child have a samordningsnummer, we move to Sweden in next few months.
I want a information what is necessary of pappers for my child to change his status from samordningsnummer to personnummer?
Thanks a lot for information
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: