The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »    Reply to this topic

Racism Sweden

*Cyberfluff*
post 23.Jan.2006, 03:11 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (Beth)
blame espen :twisted:

Yeah, Norwegians come by when you aren't looking and loosen all the pieces.
Go to the top of the page
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Jan.2006, 03:12 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (Truly)
Malmö citizen and Swede.smile.gif

wait aren't you like from the country of skåne??? :

[img]http://www.skane.goldenklubben.se/bilder/flagga.gif[/img]

Sorry

Anyway I think as being in American in Germany it is really truly important to speak the language as fast and well as possible. I mean the Swedes will love to practice Swedish with you (as the Germans do here) but you will only know half of what is going on and will feel a bit on the outside otherwise Ängel (if I can swedify your name).

And True I know Malmö and Skåne always get a bum press but i really liked Skåne, I met nothing but friendly people and beautiful landscape. The skånskarna (if that is what they are called) were never cold to me, even though we were in malmö c a large train station (large for Swedes anyway) the cashier was nice to tell me and my brother all about Skåne and the region. I would like to go to the Österlen the next time I am there, have been until now around Malmö/Lund. If I ever move to sweden I would like to move to Skåne, because it is not so far from Berlin and Copenhagen and is a bit more "European" than the rest of Sweden.
+
*Truly*
post 23.Jan.2006, 05:09 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (Aaron_in_berlin)
wait aren't you like from the country of skåne??? :

[img]http://www.skane.goldenklubben.se/bilder/flagga.gif[/img]

Sorry

Anyway I think as being in American in Germany it is really truly important to speak the language as fast and well as possible. I mean the Swedes will love to practice Swedish with you (as the Germans do here) but you will only know half of what is going on and will feel a bit on the outside otherwise Ängel (if I can swedify your name).

And True I know Malmö and Skåne always get a bum press but i really liked Skåne, I met nothing but friendly people and beautiful landscape. The skånskarna (if that is what they are called) were never cold to me, even though we were in malmö c a large train station (large for Swedes anyway) the cashier was nice to tell me and my brother all about Skåne and the region. I would like to go to the Österlen the next time I am there, have been until now around Malmö/Lund. If I ever move to sweden I would like to move to Skåne, because it is not so far from Berlin and Copenhagen and is a bit more "European" than the rest of Sweden.

Sorry to hear someone has (racial predjudice) against us , skåningarna,
Maybe im too old to see that since i already passed age of studies and am not out there in the schools, but I do meet people from all parts of the world from the church I attend to.
And what i hear from them there isnt racism going on.
I think this excist everywhere in the country and was imaging that the larger sity we live in the more open we are..However SKåningar is sort of outsiders .Stockholmers vs Skåningar , Gothenburgers vs Stockholmers always heard about how we argue with oneanother within the country. We are called;" half danish" cause of the broad accent /dialect some of us have and near close to Denmark, about 25 min by train.The larger Cities as the 3 of us are, we have the wellknown suburbs and we Malmnö have Rosengård-Rosengarden where you see nothing but people from othere countries and hear lots of incidents and probably gangfights,By the way , The flag red and yellow I never had seen before until "Sånepartiet,"party of Skåne started to use it as a symbol of the party which was unfortunatele cause just as the swedish flag became a symbol of hatred and racism the flag of Skåne did too. And the party was only about politics of immigations and judgmental issues of the immigrants , this was in the 80`s and now I think people forgot about them, mostly they had voters from the age of 60 and up.
Anyway I think Im not the right one to speak since im not studying or am a part of the big flood and crowd of people that comes to universities,and society . and ofcourse you guys that your self are immigrants or visitors. But I am ashamed evry time I see any kind of racial predjudice issues. Please ,"engla" dont get scared away from this no matter what people say. Come and judge for your self.! Österlen is beautiful so go there and its true that we are in the midst of and close to meet other European countries , many goes to Copenhagen , studies or get jobs, think its a diffrence betwenn salaries and a profound variation of activities , culture and nightlife,
:wink:
laugh.gif
+
*Norge*
post 23.Jan.2006, 06:08 PM
Post #19

I just want to say thank you to everyone who's replied lol biggrin.gif

I am thinking of coming to Gothenburg, Stockholm or Malmo and I intend to learn Swedish at one of these universities.

If anyone has any information on these cities or swedish courses I would be grateful for any info?

Also, Is Swedish hard to learn?

engal. biggrin.gif
+
etuna
post 23.Jan.2006, 06:18 PM
Post #20

I am finding Swedish more difficult to learn than the French or German I took at school (up to A Level).
Even I am starting to get tired of my own excuses for not trying harder! :roll:
+
*Norge*
post 23.Jan.2006, 06:51 PM
Post #21

harder than german :shock:

what is it that makes it so hard?
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Jan.2006, 06:53 PM
Post #22

good point, now was that die yogurt das yogurt or der yogurt

oh sorry I hear you spell it now jogurt

oh well silly me
+
Sven Goran
post 23.Jan.2006, 06:57 PM
Post #23

We will give you the same warm welcome that you guys gave Sven Goran Eriksson. laugh.gif
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Jan.2006, 07:01 PM
Post #24

I am sorry, how many threads are going to be hijacked with this boring theme, couldn't you like talk about more interesting things like dead whales or Paris Hilton
+
Sven Goran
post 23.Jan.2006, 07:05 PM
Post #25

Sorry David Hasselhof, but we don´t wanna talk about Baywatch here
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Jan.2006, 07:06 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Sven Goran)
I am sorry, how many threads are going to be hijacked with this boring theme, couldn't you like talk about more interesting things like dead whales or Paris Hilton

Sorry David Hasselhof, but we don´t wanna talk about Baywatch here

right english football i think I will take a snooze now
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Jan.2006, 07:07 PM
Post #27

maybe we can discuss the latest tattoo from Beckham
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Jan.2006, 07:09 PM
Post #28

did you see the movie kick it like beckham that is my favorite movie of all time
+
*Brave New World*
post 23.Jan.2006, 07:22 PM
Post #29

ENGAL

Gothenburg is more pleasant place than Stockholm. Everything is more expensive in Stockholm than in Gothenburg and the advantage with Gothenborg is that it is a port and food is cheaper. You can eat fresh fish every day with useful omega3 fatty acids which your brain will need in the future when you will begin your struggle with Swedish language.

I see that the problem which many English speaking people encounter here is their mother tongue which they continue to use here. You should" forget" your English and when someone wants to talk to you say to him that he should talk in Swedish because you must learn the new language. I am originally from Bosnia and I have always tried to speak Swedish even when I knew that I made mistakes. If you feel inhibited to talk with people in the pubs or other places you can always visit some of the churches. They have coffee after the service and they will be glad to help you. There are also local Red Cross organisations everywhere and they help also people who need help with Swedish language.
You should also buy here in Sweden the best dictionary which is Norstedts Comprehensive English Swedish and Norstedts Swedish English Dictionary ( In Swedish,"Norstedts stora engelsk svenska ordbok ) They sell it in a box of two books and it is worth every crown.

Learning Swedish is like a learning all other languages. It is a matter of time. I think that you should need at least two years to understand all conversation and the majority of texts.
Read novels and other books which you are interesting in and write down every word you do not understand. It can happen that you fall in love which will give you strength to learn more and everything will be much easier.
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Jan.2006, 07:24 PM
Post #30

Brave New World you are so polite and gentleman-like what happened to you?? First you tell us you like Swedish girls and then you tell us Göteborg is nice ???
+

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: