The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Anyone Please Help Me Out

Alone_restless
post 24.May.2006, 08:40 AM
Post #1

Helllo Everyone..

This is Shariq (SHEZ) from pakistan , guys i have an admission form sweden , i want to know little bout sweden that how is student life ?

Plz let me know and intrduce urself also smile.gif

Take care have a nice day
Go to the top of the page
+
Markbase with an Invisibl...
post 24.May.2006, 08:47 AM
Post #2

Whoah, girl!

One thread is more than enough...You'll get lots of replies, I'm sure...

Mark Base
http://www.markbase.net
For observations and opinions about life in Helsingborg
+
*Mahmood*
post 24.May.2006, 08:54 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Markbase)
Whoah, girl!

laugh.gif Markbase, its MR. Shariq. :wink:

Shariq, i can't tell you about student life in sweden but just out of curosity, which university you got admission into smile.gif Also, are you going through a pakistani scholarship or the swedish university gave you one?
+
Alone_restless
post 24.May.2006, 09:02 AM
Post #4

Mr mehmood thanx for ur quick reply , i am very thankfull to u , wher do u live in sweden , i got admission from college from stockolhm tell u name later , i got session of september and the arriving month in august ...
+
post 24.May.2006, 09:06 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Mahmood)
laugh.gif Markbase, its MR. Shariq. :wink:

Apologies! Don't know why I jumped to that conclusion. Where's Dr Freud when you need him?

Mark Base
+
me_i_sverige
post 24.May.2006, 09:55 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Alone_restless)
Helllo Everyone..

This is Shariq (SHEZ) from pakistan , guys i have an admission form sweden , i want to know little bout sweden that how is student life ?

Plz let me know and intrduce urself also smile.gif

Take care have a nice day

Here are some points
1. Education is quite good here. Generally focused on research.
2. Don't have expectation of part-time in the middle of the study.
3. If you think you can get job after study in your field (like US, Australia), then only think if
you are exception in your field.
4. Sweden is a good place to study. You will enjoy it.
5. Don't expect to read any english newspaper except "The Local".
+
Sazzadur
post 24.May.2006, 10:27 AM
Post #7

Bring the whole living cost of your study time, finish study and go to Australia, UK or USA if you will get job. Sweden is very cold country including Swedish people, but when you will ariive, you will get late summer and you will enjoy that. Dont worry, there are lot of Pakisthani students in Sweden. But which the hell college you will go for admission? Dont hesistate to come here. Education is excellent, they do mostly research although they dont know why they do this. And dfinitely, never expect to do part-time job here. We are always welcome you to this cold hell. If you will come as international masters student, hahhh..never expect good teachers, I am already totally fedup.
+
post 24.May.2006, 11:21 AM
Post #8

I take it you're not a big Sweden fan, then.

Mark Base
+
Alone_restless
post 24.May.2006, 03:46 PM
Post #9

Thanx guyz...

so that is final ,Job is not allowed ?? am i rite ?|
+
*Cyberfluff*
post 24.May.2006, 03:53 PM
Post #10

I don't think it's a question of allowed so much as it is that there is reportedly staggering unemployment in Sweden and being a foreigner with less grasp of the language can be a barrier, too. However, IIRC someone posted a while back about wanting to babysit/nanny and had several responses. Something like that may be an option.
+
*Swefly's Husband*
post 24.May.2006, 04:07 PM
Post #11

:shock: [However, IIRC someone posted a while back about wanting to babysit/nanny and had several responses. Something like that may be an option.]

Hi alone, Job is allowed but hard to get a job until you speak Swedish. Some students work on stalls at Saturday or Sunday Markets, some can hardly get McDonald cleaning Job. but I have seen them surviving somehow. If nothing, then you can think of babysitting laugh.gif

I will suggest you to get some other pakistani student cotacts and ask them, one forum is pakchalmerist@yahoogroups.com. Usually, people at this group are very helpful.

[/quote]
+
Alone_restless
post 24.May.2006, 04:16 PM
Post #12

hi swefly,thanx for reply ...can u tell me the webs of swden , i mean commercial web sites adds and plz let me know more bout other forum like this..

Thank u very much
+
me_i_sverige
post 24.May.2006, 10:17 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Sazzadur)
... Sweden is very cold country including Swedish people... Education is excellent, they do mostly research although they dont know why they do this. ...never expect good teachers, I am already totally fedup.

some of the text omitted to save space

Dear Sazzadur, most of your comments are correct,however, I donot agree wtih you on certain matter. You might have some sour experience regarding Swedish people but do know one thing Swedish are the most gentle people in entire Europe. I experienced that on my first day in Sweden. I asked them direction but observing my heavy luggages,they would carry them to the train station or bus station!!

Well, it's a common nature of human. No body welcomes stranger (other than toursits if your country promotes tourism). Swedes have faced lot of problem regarding regugees. They give them shelter but most of them are taking undue advantage of that, misusing social benefit, etc etc. It's normal now they're cold towards foreigners. You think yourself if lot of people from other country comes to your country and take undue advantage. what you would do?

Obviously they do research and they know exactly for what reason they're doing for. Due to globalization, they know it's only R&D can help 'em earning.

Even if you go in USA or Australia, you've to do yourself. A lecturer can't give you individual time but in some case due to low student number, that's possible in Sweden but never in USA. Swedish education system style is quite different than Asians (South Asian). The teachers are just to show path, students have to do their task. That's why they born researchers not a clerk.

Regarding job, Swedish (Svenska) is their langauge and whenever one has to face public, it's obvious they perfer swedish speaking person. But if you are good in your study (very good), you can apply for paid thesis in big companies and based upon your performance you can also get job. I know many foreigners working in Ericsson.

You just move around neighboring countries and you'll know the difference. Swedish are gentleman, this is my observation and feeling and if not first, Sweden is my second home even if I don't live here.
+
Sazzadur
post 24.May.2006, 10:37 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Alone_restless)
Thanx guyz...

so that is final ,Job is not allowed ?? am i rite ?|

Who told it? If your visa would be more than 6 months, as an international student you will be permitted to do any job any time. But the problem is huge unemployment rate in Sweden and you dont know Swedish language.
+
Sazzadur
post 24.May.2006, 11:09 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (me_i_sverige)
Dear Sazzadur, most of your comments are correct,however, I donot agree wtih you on certain matter. You might have some sour experience regarding Swedish people but do know one thing Swedish are the most gentle people in entire Europe. I experienced that on my first day in Sweden. I asked them direction but observing my heavy luggages,they would carry them to the train station or bus station!!

Dear me_i_sverige, I never mentioned that swedish people are not good. I have staying here for 3 years. I know hoe native Swedish people are ( but I do not say about swedish arab people, I know how they are and I never found a good and gentle one among them, I am sorry to say). Cold is not bad. Cold is their nature, but this does not mean they are bad. I know Swedish are very polite and gentle. When I came here 3 years ago, I was in a small town in south Sweden. I did not know anything, when I went to shop to buy foods, I confused, then Swedish people helped me, oneday I can remmeber some swedish people came to me to help me in the shop because I could not recognize the swedish level especially when I wanted to buy meat. They helped me. Even oneday when I wanted to buy anything that was not available in that shop, the shop boy took me in another place.
So I know. I visited some countries in EU, and I must say that I feel most comfortable in Sweden.

Yes, regarding job, most of the jobs need local language and it is natural and logical.
I told about teachers as an international student. The same teacher teaches in Swedish programme and international programme but in 2 languages, but I could never be satisfied with their teaching ways. I discussed it with my other native Swedish students, although they were silent about it. I found another thing among teachers that many of them are not so responsible and the most interesting is that all of my native swedish mates agreed it. I do not know what is their attitude towards local students, but I found them irresponsible towards us. You will know it when you will come as international student.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: