The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

Amateur Football in Gothenburg

Looking for football team

the_government
post 24.Jan.2012, 01:33 PM
Post #16

I'll just be in regular clothes err short hair, look british, i'll see you there. Whats your name? I'm matt as you correctly deduced

Great, my name's James. I'll see you there.

We are also looking for some people to play football with here in Trollhättan. we used to play in the local 7 a side outdoor league "Korpen" but last season didnt have enough players :-(

Great! How many do you have at the moment Steve?
Go to the top of the page
+
mr_spike
post 24.Jan.2012, 06:10 PM
Post #17

Matt/James, I'll get there tonight too. I'll be the welsh guy in the black rimmed glasses hoping for a Cardiff victory!!
+
the_government
post 24.Jan.2012, 06:20 PM
Post #18

Great so I'm looking for a visually evident Welsh guy possibly standing beside a regular clothed/haired visually evident British guy, in an Irish pub where they're playing Cardiff v Palace. Easy. To make the trio, I'll be the Irish guy with the Guinness.
+
Ballcocks
post 24.Jan.2012, 07:07 PM
Post #19

Hi again,

Numbers depend on where we play. I think if we are talking about coming to Gothenburg then there is only 1 or 2 that could definately be counted on. I haven't included myself in that total as I am generaly too old and knackered. If we were playing in Trolly then I am certain that we could add a couple more. Its really all a question of momentum, If we can get a core group of 6 to 8 playing regularly then more people will come and it snowballs from there. The real problem is getting a core of a squad that you can count on to turn up, most people cant make that level of commitment to play in a league (even 7 a side during the summer)

Lets keep the thread open and see if we can get a few more interested...

Welcome to Sweden by the way

Cheers
+
the_government
post 24.Jan.2012, 07:43 PM
Post #20

Every pair of legs count Steve. This thread seems like it could be building a bit of momentum. Over the next week I'll see if I can gather a few more people from a few more areas and we might have ourselves a team. Albeit a little fragmented, but to begin with, if we can at least have a pool of people who all put themselves forward we can at least start with a weekly game. Maybe even the odd game up in Trolly (or more than odd depending on transport situation).
And thanks for the welcome.
+
smoggie
post 27.Jan.2012, 04:20 PM
Post #21

hi guys

im up for a game also, im living in the kungalv area too so i can make it to the city for a game.
let me know when and where and ill be there.
cheers
+
the_government
post 27.Jan.2012, 06:23 PM
Post #22

We haven't quite got the numbers just yet Smoggie but almost. Just a few more and we're there. I'll starting rounding everybody up as soon as it is possible.

A quick rehash for anybody new reading this forum. If anybody is interested in playing football, indoor, outdoor, regular, irregular - whatever - if you are interested reply to this forum and we'll keep you in mind for any matches we may organise in future.

Cheers,

James
+
smoggie
post 27.Jan.2012, 07:12 PM
Post #23

ok mate, excellent.
I look forward to it! cool.gif
+
matthewF
post 29.Jan.2012, 08:04 AM
Post #24

Hey smoggie,
good for you to chip in, I live near to Kungälv in Alafors - near Nödinge. Nice to hear from someone local to me!
+
smoggie
post 30.Jan.2012, 04:47 PM
Post #25

hey matthew
im living in the same area mate, bohus for me. good to know theirs others around biggrin.gif
+
mr_spike
post 7.Feb.2012, 09:59 AM
Post #26

Any more takers on this? I'm still waiting to get my boots on!!
+
Scan-Scout
post 10.Feb.2012, 05:25 PM
Post #27

Hola,
just moved to Gothenburg as my girlfriend is a new student in town. Needed a change as well so I came along. If you don`t mind a Norwegian guy (29 years old, retired as a footballer age 20).. I would love to meet up! I don`t want reveal the team in England I support as I reckon it would have an negative impact on my proposal.
+
matthewF
post 10.Feb.2012, 07:20 PM
Post #28

Hi everyone,
I did some research and we can hire a sports hall from Göteborg Stad. There are loads of them around the place - usually in schools. We would just need to bring our own balls and people.
I can't seem to find an indoor league - but I just think its not the right season.

So if we fix a date, with a bit of notice maybe this could happen. We need 11 People for a five-a-side (I'll need a sub). Maybe at 12.00 on the 3rd March? followed by catching the afternoon matches in a pub?

Sounds good to me!
+
Scan-Scout
post 10.Feb.2012, 08:28 PM
Post #29

Sounds good t me!
+
peecee_uk
post 10.Feb.2012, 08:57 PM
Post #30

I'm not quite there in Sweden just yet but plan to be in the Gothenburg area hopefully by summer and would be interested in joining in for a run about.
That doesn't add to your numbers immediately but it would be nice to establish some sort of contact with people before I get there, ya know, networking and all that.
I play a couple of times a week here in UK.
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: