The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Electrician moving from UK

Advice appreciated

Marsy
post 26.Sep.2017, 11:52 AM
Post #1

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, just found out about the local, and made an account this morning as this seems a great place for advice.

I'm an electrician in the UK, working in facilities management and planning to move to Gothenburg at Christmas time.

It seems this is still for now at least, an easy process, although I still have the 2 big tasks of learning the language fluently (only used Duolingo so far..) and finding a job.

I believe that my electrical qualification are all European standard so I'm perfectly qualified to work in Sweden, however I imagine without being fluent in the language, possibly construction could be the only chance I'd have as an electrician at first.

Would be great to hear back from anyone who's got a good idea of what it's like to find work in Gothenburg at the moment, particularly of commercial electrical work. Also anything else anyone feels is helpful..

Thanks in advance = )

Stephen
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 26.Sep.2017, 12:20 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Marsy @ 26.Sep.2017, 11:52 AM) *
Hey everyone,I'm new here, just found out about the local, and made an account this morning as this seems a great place for advice.I'm an electrician in the UK, workin ... (show full quote)

Just doing a quick Google i noticed a few jobs where the employee wants English speakers. I honestly don´t think you will have a problem. Obviously construction is easier as alot of the people working here are Polish and must communicate in English.

Good luck in the future and welcome to Göteborg
+
Marsy
post 26.Sep.2017, 12:35 PM
Post #3

Oh really?

That sounds perfect!
You couldn't drop me a link to the sites could you?

I'm ready to start getting in touch with people and sending out CV's

Tack så mycket = )
+
intrepidfox
post 26.Sep.2017, 01:09 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Marsy @ 26.Sep.2017, 11:35 AM) *
Oh really?. That sounds perfect!. You couldn't drop me a link to the sites could you?. I'm ready to start getting in touch with people and sending out CV's . Tack så mycket = )

Unfortunately the sides are in Swedish but here is the search page

https://www.google.se/search?q=engelsk+elek...366&bih=638

https://www.google.se/search?q=elektriker+j...366&bih=638
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: