The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
35 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > »    Reply to this topic

My experience "trying" to move to Sweden

Please god, just end me now

Saywhatwhat
post 12.Jan.2019, 09:43 AM
Post #451

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 12.Jan.2019, 08:53 AM) *
And thanks to everyone else. Even to you @Saywhatwhat I think I fit in just fine. And now that I can get a PN, I can sign up as a member for SD. Here's the link in case y ... (show full quote)

Why be a member when one could just vote?

You must have some issues of belonging due to being a white boy in a black majority country. You join military, you go to Sweden to be around more white folks, you join in your wife’s family supporting SD and bashing immigrants and Muslims, then you join in SD as a member...

Anything to fit in, ey?

Must be hard growing up as a minority... waiiiiitttt...
Go to the top of the page
+
djmarko
post 12.Jan.2019, 11:23 AM
Post #452

everyone here has their fair share of Swedish bureaucracy, me included, when i got a temporary PN, i was sent huge tax bills for limited company since i was still operating from the UK
I arranged a meeting and told them i was paying huge tax bills monthly and they have to make a decision right here on the spot to either give me a full personal number or i will stop paying taxes until i received one
within 2 days, i received a letter in the post with my full personal number! same thing applied to my ID card, i just get a feeling some employees there are extremely lazy! How you get treated, how fast you get your PN bores down to who you meet, if you are lucky, its smooth sailing, if you are unlucky, then you in for some torrid time
+
SmokerT69
post 12.Jan.2019, 09:27 PM
Post #453

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 12.Jan.2019, 09:43 AM) *
Why be a member when one could just vote? You must have some issues of belonging due to being a white boy in a black majority country. You join military, you go to Sweden to b ... (show full quote)

Lol, you're reaching now. I had no problems growing up in Bermuda. We don't have all this "racist" non sense. And the blacks are far more nationalistic than me in Bermuda. Which is why we have some of the strictest immigration laws in the world outside North Korea. And guess what, it works. You don't seem Bermudians complaining about lack of work because we get first choice at all the jobs, our spouses second. We also don't allow refugees and keep them offshore. The last group we deported back to China and the Arab ones were sent to the USA and to Guantanamo bay. My regiment was 60% black, again, no issues. These are people who have lived in the country for generations and fit it. And of course, what happened with the few Arabs that joined out regiment? Nothing but issues, refused to shave their beards and so on. Even though they knew it was required when they signed up. As I said, they expect us to change to accommodate them.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 12.Jan.2019, 09:43 PM
Post #454

Racism at its finest!!!
+
bonviveur
post 15.Jan.2019, 12:57 PM
Post #455

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 12.Jan.2019, 09:27 PM) *
Lol, you're reaching now. I had no problems growing up in Bermuda. We don't have all this "racist" non sense. And the blacks are far more nationalistic than ... (show full quote)

from your words it looks like Bermuda doing very well protecting its national identity, well done
+
SmokerT69
post 25.Jan.2019, 06:14 PM
Post #456

Interesting, so I just received a letter from skatteverket, "Kontrolluppgift från arbetsgivare m.fl.". I'm guessing this is my income report for 2018 to the tax agency? According to the info I'm guessing my employer has given, I have only made 15k SEK, and paid 2k in taxes? Which is extremely, completely way off. I'm not full time, or even part time, I'm hired in as they need me. But still, even if you only take one of the weeks I worked, I made around 13k and paid 4k in taxes. So something is not adding up here. Is my employer being shady, or is this just skatteverket messing up on their end?
+
bonviveur
post 26.Jan.2019, 08:21 AM
Post #457

could be this you earned while having personumer, and tax paid using samordningsnumer is not counted? just guessing
+
SmokerT69
post 26.Jan.2019, 02:01 PM
Post #458

QUOTE (bonviveur @ 26.Jan.2019, 08:21 AM) *
could be this you earned while having personumer, and tax paid using samordningsnumer is not counted? just guessing

I haven't got a personummer yet. I have to wait until next month to get an appointment to have my finger prints and picture taken for my residence permit. They seem to really booked up in my area, Having to travel to Borlänge. Than I can apply for a personummer.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 26.Jan.2019, 05:17 PM
Post #459

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 26.Jan.2019, 02:01 PM) *
I haven't got a personummer yet. I have to wait until next month to get an appointment to have my finger prints and picture taken for my residence permit. They seem to rea ... (show full quote)

How long have you been in Sweden now?

Did you get a samordningsnummer at any point?

How did skatteverket have any info of your income if you didn’t have samordningsnummer?

How did you open a bank account in Sweden without any proof of income or a personnummer? Were/ are you getting money from f kassan? Can’t believe you did because you have no pn.

I still think your whole story is fishy... same with your wife who can’t translate Swedish to English, maybe she is 18 and just dumm.

I know this is Sweden but for all your troubles and what kind of temporary permit you got... sounds odd, a bit too odd. If your situation is as you say, you should have been granted a permanent residence card without needing to renew it for 5 yrs.
+
SmokerT69
post 26.Jan.2019, 05:26 PM
Post #460

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 26.Jan.2019, 05:17 PM) *
How long have you been in Sweden now?

2 years in February. But my application for a residence permit only got completed in January. And the first appointment I could do to get my finger prints and pic taken was in Feb. So, once that is done, I guess they will actually issue me the residence permit and I can finally get a personummer.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 26.Jan.2019, 05:32 PM
Post #461

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 26.Jan.2019, 05:26 PM) *
2 years in February. But my application for a residence permit only got completed in January. And the first appointment I could do to get my finger prints and pic taken was in ... (show full quote)

What? No...

You get the number on the approval paper. Then you go and get a card...

Thennnnn you need to get an identskort through skatteverket.
+
SmokerT69
post 26.Jan.2019, 07:42 PM
Post #462

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 26.Jan.2019, 05:32 PM) *
What? No.... You get the number on the approval paper. Then you go and get a card.... Thennnnn you need to get an identskort through skatteverket.

Nope, I posted the picture of the letter they sent me just a few posts ago. They only said that I am approved to get a residence permit. I now have to go get my finger prints and picture taken. Then I can apply for a number. I'm just doing what I was told, so who knows, probably got told the wrong information again.
+
SmokerT69
post 26.Jan.2019, 08:58 PM
Post #463

Ok, so apparently my boss used my wife's personummer because I didn't have one for the first couple months of work. I'm not sure why, I told them that skatteverket said I can work until I get my coordination number and then pay taxes when I get it. But for some reason they put it on my wife? I guess because I'm using her bank account since I can't open one with out a personummer. Not really sure what to do now, I'm guessing this will affect her taxes right? She already pays more taxes since she's in the next tax bracket or something.

Anyone have any advice?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 26.Jan.2019, 10:02 PM
Post #464

"and just dumm."

Need any more be said??? rolleyes.gif
+
Saywhatwhat
post 26.Jan.2019, 10:11 PM
Post #465

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 26.Jan.2019, 08:58 PM) *
Ok, so apparently my boss used my wife's personummer because I didn't have one for the first couple months of work. I'm not sure why, I told them that skatteverket ... (show full quote)

Does it matter much... wouldn’t you be filing taxes on household income anyways? My advice is not worry

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 26.Jan.2019, 10:02 PM) *
"and just dumm.". Need any more be said??? rolleyes.gif

U madd?
+

35 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: