The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Is this enough money?

To move to Sweden

Swegeddon
post 10.Sep.2019, 07:01 PM
Post #1

Hi,
I have around £300,000 pounds cash. No debts or mortgage.
I have a masters degree in geographical information systems.
I do not speak Swedish.
I have an EU passport.
Can I move to Sweden?
Are there any jobs in my field of work?
Good day.
Go to the top of the page
+
Saywhatwhat
post 10.Sep.2019, 07:37 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Swegeddon @ 10.Sep.2019, 08:01 PM) *
Hi,I have around £300,000 pounds cash. No debts or mortgage.I have a masters degree in geographical information systems.I do not speak Swedish.I have an EU passport.Can I mov ... (show full quote)

Only one way to find out. Fly to Sweden and see what you can make happen in 3 months.
+
Bsmith
post 10.Sep.2019, 11:03 PM
Post #3

If you try it, have a plan B in case it doesn't work out.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 11.Sep.2019, 07:13 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 11.Sep.2019, 12:03 AM) *
If you try it, have a plan B in case it doesn't work out.

Buddy, swegeddon is the lamest troll ever. They have posted this question many times already along with other ridiculous posts.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 13.Sep.2019, 02:22 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Swegeddon @ 10.Sep.2019, 08:01 PM) *
Hi,I have around £300,000 pounds cash. No debts or mortgage.I have a masters degree in geographical information systems.I do not speak Swedish.I have an EU passport.Can I mov ... (show full quote)

1- Move all your money to a swedish bank.

2- Spend half of that money in trying to find overpriced short term rentals of 6 months contracts. Maybe you can spend 20,000€ to pay to those private companies that owns the first hand rentals so you can skip the queue... but nah there is no corruption in sweden nah, just conspiracists who hate swedenTM!!!...Or even better buy an overpriced apartment so you can make a swedish company richer and best part is you can only sublet the apartment you bought for 1 year and only if you ask permission first!!.

3- When all you money is gone, you'll still be unemployed despite you have an education and while you will still be asking yourself how is it possible, arbetsförmedlingen will say in one of their reports that foreigners who cannot find a job in sweden is because they are just poorly educated.

4- Eventually you will have spent all your savings, making sweden richer while you will leave the country frustrated by their sect/classicism/we are the bestTM/ New world order type of mindset. If you ask a swede "how can this be" then they will reply back the set of answers they have been programmed to by the collective mind.

If I had 300,000€ I would stay in my home country, invest it in the stock market, make 50% profit a year and forget about moving to the most controlled, new world order kind of country called sweden.
+
Bsmith
post 13.Sep.2019, 03:04 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 11.Sep.2019, 06:13 AM) *
Buddy, swegeddon is the lamest troll ever. They have posted this question many times already along with other ridiculous posts.

Perhaps, but maybe someone else can benefit from the information. I always, always, always suggest a Plan B because that is what I had and it worked for me. Being trapped in a bad situation because you didn't have a backup plan is no place to be.
+
Stumc1981
post 16.Sep.2019, 11:43 PM
Post #7

I would severely warn you not to waste £300,000 moving to Sweden. For so many reasons. If you'd like me to list all of them just ask.
+
Svedallas
post 18.Sep.2019, 10:44 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 11.Sep.2019, 08:13 AM) *

TROLL TROLL TROLL

Why do people fall for the bullshit threads!??

OR is the local trying to keep the forums alive, when they are really dead?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: