The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Benefits of A-Kassa and Union membership

when unemployed

BigBash
post 3.Jan.2018, 11:02 PM
Post #1

Hello Guys,

I heard this from a friend in sweden, If you have been a member of A-Kassa for more than a year, unemployed person can get a max of around 17K sek from A-Kassa and if that person have been paying union membership fees also, then the max cap will be around 80% of the salary.
So Does any unemployed person in sweden, even if he resigns his job on his own and has been paying Union and A-kassa for more than a year would still get 80 percent of his previously paid salary, for 6 months?
That is really true?

Appreciate any response, even short Yes or No, would do smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
hatim
post 4.Jan.2018, 01:15 AM
Post #2

It depends on where you pay the akassa. Check their rules.

There are some basic conditions https://www.unionensakassa.se/forsakringen/...g/grundvillkor/ and some work conditions https://www.unionensakassa.se/forsakringen/.../arbetsvillkor/ in case of unionen.

Also as side note: if you are out of emplyment because you resigned or got laid off you have 3 months to find and apply for a new workpermit (that is if you need one).
+
vosovicd
post 4.Jan.2018, 09:20 AM
Post #3

Be very aware of the conditions. E.g. You will get 80% of your previous salary if your salary is under a maximum threshold. But if your salary is above this threshold, then you will get 80% of the threshold.
+
yet another brit
post 4.Jan.2018, 01:36 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (vosovicd @ 4.Jan.2018, 09:20 AM) *
Be very aware of the conditions. E.g. You will get 80% of your previous salary if your salary is under a maximum threshold. But if your salary is above this threshold, then yo ... (show full quote)

... but some unions (not A-kassa) off a top-up insurance either as part of the membership or as a purchase. The "karenstid" (time you need to be insured for before entitled) can be longer than the A-kassa though, I recall one of them being a year. Ie, you can't sign up for it just before losing your job.
+
yet another brit
post 4.Jan.2018, 01:39 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (hatim @ 4.Jan.2018, 01:15 AM) *
because you resigned or got laid off

If I recall correctly, being laid off entitles you to claim immediately, but benefits might not get paid until after any paid final notice period (say two months) has expired.

Resigning is never a good move.
+
wallace1837
post 4.Jan.2018, 02:20 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (BigBash @ 3.Jan.2018, 11:02 PM) *
Hello Guys,I heard this from a friend in sweden, If you have been a member of A-Kassa for more than a year, unemployed person can get a max of around 17K sek from A-Kassa and ... (show full quote)

If you are on a work permit you are not eligible.
+
BigBash
post 5.Jan.2018, 03:19 PM
Post #7

Thanks a lot guys, for the information.
Appreciate it smile.gif

@ Hatim If i am swedish citizen, salary is above threshold, member of Unionen and resigned the job, after serving 2 months notice period. i will still qualify for the below right?
https://www.unionensakassa.se/in-english/
+
TLSucks
post 5.Jan.2018, 04:07 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (BigBash @ 5.Jan.2018, 03:19 PM) *
Thanks a lot guys, for the information.Appreciate it @ Hatim If i am swedish citizen, salary is above threshold, member of Unionen and resigned the job, after serving 2 mo ... (show full quote)

Yes, if you fulfill the conditions, but that's only the basic A-kassa, i.e. it is capped at max 910 kr/day before tax and (a week is 5 days in this context). To be insured at a higher level you need additional income insurance which you pay extra for: https://www.unionen.se/medlemskapet/inkomstforsakring

To be fully insured you thus need to:
1. Be a member of an A-kassa (unemployment scheme).
2. Be member of a union and have their income insurance.
+
BigBash
post 6.Jan.2018, 07:02 PM
Post #9

Ok Thank you!
does it matter if the individual has a company registered on his name?
+
yet another brit
post 7.Jan.2018, 01:56 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (BigBash @ 6.Jan.2018, 07:02 PM) *
Ok Thank you!. does it matter if the individual has a company registered on his name?

It can do; if your company is active and you are involved in running it as a main occupation (whether or not profitable) then the answer can be "yes" (since you by definition are not available to work). See here : https://www.unionensakassa.se/forsakringen/foretagare/ . This can get complicated. For example, if you have been running a business as a sideline from a "normal" job that you have lost, and having the sideline hasn't/wouldn't affect your ability to take on a new full-time job, then the answer would be "no".

The opposite is true also - if you have been running [and taking a salary from] a company that becomes insolvent or inactive, then you can try to claim unemployment benefit afterwards based on the income you had as a small business.
+
BigBash
post 9.Jan.2018, 09:50 PM
Post #11

Thank you mate!
The company is not active and haven't done any business so far, Just the name was registered few weeks ago.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: