The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Panering svamp rissotto

Dangers of poisoning from reheated rice

swedfil
post 11.Aug.2009, 04:24 PM
Post #1

Hello, Just arrive from my culinary class and was asked by my teacher (Chef) today to do the one week old svamp rissotto into svamp rissotto panering ( in a small ball sizes) . Any professional here who can give me a link or websites telling that its poisonous to eat leftover rice after 3 days in the fridge? Saw a lot of links in english but I need some links in Swedish, I just want to prove to my teachers (they are 2 Anyway ) that they are wrong. Hope no customers will get sick tomorrow by eating that today smile.gif . Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Nuname
post 11.Aug.2009, 04:29 PM
Post #2

I'd have thought the stock, butter & cheese would have been more of a worry.

The rice thing looks highly debatable to me anyway, I often re-heat rice.
+
Jasoncarter
post 11.Aug.2009, 05:42 PM
Post #3

Here:

http://www.smittskyddsinstitutet.se/sjukdo...matforgiftning/

in particular the passage

"Det är viktigt med god livsmedelshygien. Tillagad mat ska nedkylas snabbt. Ris får inte varmhållas för länge, eller sparas i flera dygn."

Good food hygiene is important. Cooked food should be refrigerated quickly. Rice must not be kept warm for too long, or kept for several days.

It's really not good practice to teach with several day old food, and even more so if it's intended for consumption, and even more so if it's intended for sale.
+
byke
post 11.Aug.2009, 05:45 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (swedfil @ 11.Aug.2009, 05:24 PM) *
Hello, Just arrive from my culinary class and was asked by my teacher (Chef) today to do the one week old svamp rissotto into svamp rissotto panering ( in a small ball sizes) ... (show full quote)

Name and shame in the sake of health!
+
swedfil
post 11.Aug.2009, 06:14 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Jasoncarter @ 11.Aug.2009, 06:42 PM) *
Here:http://www.smittskyddsinstitutet.se/sjukdo...matforgiftning/in particular the passage"Det är viktigt med god livsmedelshygien. Tillagad mat ska nedkylas snabbt. Ris ... (show full quote)

Thanks Jason for the info.
+
Puffin
post 18.Aug.2009, 02:56 PM
Post #6

Sounds very dodgy

But if you are making it into panering balls - does this mean that it was to be deep fried? - probably would kill the germs - but sound yucky anyway...
+
Caribbean guy/Swedish Gal
post 18.Aug.2009, 04:27 PM
Post #7

For my entire lifetime ive been eating reheated rice ..and last time i checked i was alive. rolleyes.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: