The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5   Reply to this topic

PLEASE SUPPLY VEGETARIAN RECIPES FOR FR....

FR
post 7.Dec.2005, 03:50 PM
Post #61

That's a good word. Now having said what I've said, I have less objection to genetic modification. I used to work, in fact, with a renounced biologist who worked on such things, so I understand a little more what is going on. Don't think either that the so-called "normal" food you buy is not genetically modified. It's all been changed from the original.

Interesting story about milk... dairy cows were bred (genetically modified) to produce fattier milk. Then not-so-fatty milk became popular and they needed some of the old genetic stock. So happens that a dude in North Carolina had kept a strain of the older-type dairy cows and they were able to breed (genetically modify) cows to produce less fatty milk once again. Don't know if the fellow still has his farm, but he had kept strains of all kinds of old-timey farm animals.
Go to the top of the page
+
*Kodos*
post 7.Dec.2005, 04:01 PM
Post #62

I tried a holistic approach to dealing with some serious back problems earlier this year. I saw an Applied Kenisiologist back in April. He put me on a fairly strict, gluten free diet. Oh...and I also had to avoid hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup. Trying to go grocery shopping was an absolute nightmare. If I didn't chose to go to WholeFoods...I would basically have to avoid everything but the produce and meat sections of a normal grocery store. And...forget about going to a restaurant.

The strangest phenomenon about this diet was the detox I went through. My entire body broke out as it tried to flush all the toxins from my system. So very strange to me...but it was part of the process.

I have been thinking of returning to a modified version of that diet as I did manage to lose a few pounds (bonus!) and I did feel a lot better. I just need to figure out a way to do it more efficiently...and cheaply. Eating natural foods was not easy on the wallet.
+
Eyallow
post 7.Dec.2005, 04:13 PM
Post #63

QUOTE (FR)
That's a good word. Now having said what I've said, I have less objection to genetic modification. I used to work, in fact, with a renounced biologist who worked on such things, so I understand a little more what is going on. Don't think either that the so-called "normal" food you buy is not genetically modified. It's all been changed from the original.

Interesting story about milk... dairy cows were bred (genetically modified) to produce fattier milk. Then not-so-fatty milk became popular and they needed some of the old genetic stock. So happens that a dude in North Carolina had kept a strain of the older-type dairy cows and they were able to breed (genetically modify) cows to produce less fatty milk once again. Don't know if the fellow still has his farm, but he had kept strains of all kinds of old-timey farm animals.

Good to hear that FR about genetically modified food! This topic is a controversial one. However, from way back, primitivie gene modification had existed. The only difference is that man did not use needles and test tubes to achieve this!

man specifically made sure that he bred life stock with good quality genes only by ensuring that only the good quality female mated with the good quality male. This was done just by visual observation of the animals or plants. This resulted to the ability to sustain only the healthy high quality meat or milk yielding species!

I stand for genetically modified food as long as no carcinogens are ferreted over and as long as i have more bread on my table and my brother and neighbour too, who cares!
+
Richard
post 7.Dec.2005, 11:11 PM
Post #64

I would never eat a member of my family -- too close to home.

I come from a large family ... they are called mammals.
+
*sven_milton*
post 5.Nov.2006, 09:00 PM
Post #65

QUOTE (Cyberfluff)
That's why I like Vegweb, their recipes have a rating system and comments.

Yes I think a rating system is the way forward. Also photos can give you some indication and not all the recipes on VegWeb provide them. Here's one that does: http://www.the-gi-diet.org/recipes/vegetarian/ but again not rating system. Guess you can't have it all.
+

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: