The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Changing from work permit extension to sambo

While waiting for decision

nnd070
post 4.Jan.2017, 11:08 PM
Post #1

Hello everyone,

In May 2016 I have applied for a work permit extension, but in November 2016 I have received a request from MV to submit a missing insurance. This is when I have realized that my employer made a mistake and missed to provide me with a sjukförsäkring for the first 11 months of my employment, although they have added it as soon as they realized that this might be a problem for non-EU employees.

However, after following recent media coverage and discussion on similar cases, I got worried that my application for a work permit extension has a high risk of being rejected since the requirements for a work permit were not met during every month of my employment.

So, after receiving this request from MV, I have decided to send in an application for a sambo visa instead, and thus, I have asked to change my application from 'work permit extension' to 'new sambo permit application'. But I am still worried if my lack of insurance might negatively affect the sambo permit decision.

Does anyone have any knowledge on such cases?

- Am I risking a rejection on my sambo permit application if I missed an insurance while on my work permit?

- Will I be asked to leave Sweden and apply for a sambo permit from my home country instead?

- When can I expect a decision on my case? What happens to my waiting time, is it reset to 0 from the time I sent in an application for a sambo visa (I have filed it in connection to my original 'work permit extension' case) or do I keep my time in the queue from May 2016?

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
+
hatim
post 4.Jan.2017, 11:44 PM
Post #2

If your permit was not valid at the time of your new sambo application then you have to apply from home country.

As for time being reset, I thunk it will but from the time you applied.

Waiting times are rather large. More than a year is normal from what I heard.
+
nnd070
post 4.Jan.2017, 11:58 PM
Post #3

Hi hatim, thank you for your opinion.

If your permit was not valid at the time of your new sambo application then you have to apply from home country.

At what point and how is a permit deemed invalid? I have not received a rejection on extension, so as of now, my last work permit is still valid, which allows me to stay in the country while I am waiting for a decision.
+
hatim
post 5.Jan.2017, 08:30 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (nnd070 @ 4.Jan.2017, 11:58 PM) *
Hi hatim, thank you for your opinion.At what point and how is a permit deemed invalid? I have not received a rejection on extension, so as of now, my last work permit is still ... (show full quote)

What I meant if you still have days left on your last permit.

General rule is that for an application to be made from Sweden, it should be done before time expires on your current card. You can not change your work permit application to sambo (those are different applications). So if you submitted work permit extension one month before it expired and now after 1 month and 1 day you want to apply for sambo visa, you have to leave the country.
+
nnd070
post 5.Jan.2017, 10:12 AM
Post #5

Hi Hatim,

Thank you for clarifying.

You can not change your work permit application to sambo (those are different applications).

I have been in contact with my case officer and she has positively recommended me to change my application from work permit extension to sambo and discontinue my work permit extension application by doing this. So I have followed her advice on this. Could the case officer provide me with the faulty information?
+
hatim
post 5.Jan.2017, 10:50 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (nnd070 @ 5.Jan.2017, 10:12 AM) *
Hi Hatim, Thank you for clarifying.I have been in contact with my case officer and she has positively recommended me to change my application from work permit extension to sam ... (show full quote)

That is matter of phrasing. When you are applying for work permit you get a particular beslutklass (http://www.migrationsverket.se/download/18.5e83388f141c129ba6311939/1481022260911/Klassningskoder.pdf) and for extension you get a X. You can only apply for an extension to a permit which you already had. If you didn't have a sambo permit before and now you want to apply for one it is a totally new application (and not an extension as per say). Just like if you are a student and then apply for a work permit from within Sweden then it is a totally new permit class.

So if you still have time on your current permit then you can apply for sambo one from within Sweden. And it would be a new application.

As for conflicting information. You will get them quite often from MV. Especially since they have done a lot of fresh hires recently.
+
strawberrypie
post 8.Feb.2017, 12:45 AM
Post #7

Is there any updates on this matter?
+
Visaqueryn
post 11.May.2019, 09:26 PM
Post #8

I hope your case is sorted out now in a positive manner.

Please share the update on was your request to switch the visa basis accepted as part of existing work permit extension request? or Did you have to file a new request to switch to Sambo permit? Also did you have to leave Sweden for this switch?
+
Family_permit
post 15.May.2019, 03:44 PM
Post #9

I don’t think that it is possible to switch from one type of permit to another from within Sweden. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think that case officer said that it is illegal nowadays
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: