The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3   Reply to this topic

Swedes' Lover Affair With Luxury and Credit About

to end, as mortgage rates about to double...

skogsbo
post 13.Nov.2018, 05:32 PM
Post #31

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 13.Nov.2018, 03:59 PM) *
I am debt free for more than a decade. You have 4 mortgages. Who is living the high-life? . Oh please, do tell...

Oh. I'm touched you are concerned for me. I wouldn't one worry. One property is our UK property and nearly paid and with tenants in it. 90% of the other is forest here, which provides an income, so overall our loan to value is at around 30% and fall every year. Will be nice in 7 or 8 years as both these debts will be gone and revert to providing an income.
High life, hardly. I'm Yorkshire value personified. As well as clearing the investment debt we are probably sinking 10000kr/mth in various retirement options.
Go to the top of the page
+
ChocOwl
post 14.Nov.2018, 10:30 AM
Post #32

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 13.Nov.2018, 02:55 PM) *
Y'all seem to be a good match for each other. Now, y'all go stick yer heads back up yer asses, where theys belongs. lol

We don't deserve you, Gjeebes! Consider yourself relieved of the burden of contributing to this forum.
+
intrepidfox
post 14.Nov.2018, 12:13 PM
Post #33

QUOTE (ChocOwl @ 14.Nov.2018, 10:30 AM) *
We don't deserve you, Gjeebes! Consider yourself relieved of the burden of contributing to this forum.

No way. Without Gjeebes the forum would be dead. What else is there to read????
+
ChocOwl
post 14.Nov.2018, 12:19 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 14.Nov.2018, 12:13 PM) *
No way. Without Gjeebes the forum would be dead. What else is there to read????

Dunno. Cereal packets or books, perhaps?
+
BlackfDes
post 14.Nov.2018, 12:39 PM
Post #35

Actually it would be great not to have the ravings of Gjeebes the kvetching curmudgeon!
+
intrepidfox
post 14.Nov.2018, 01:29 PM
Post #36

QUOTE (BlackfDes @ 14.Nov.2018, 12:39 PM) *
Actually it would be great not to have the ravings of Gjeebes the kvetching curmudgeon!

If he wasn´t here, then all we would read would be immigration problems. Lets face it, nobody reacts to any posts anymore. Encourage him instead
+
Gjeebes
post 14.Nov.2018, 06:17 PM
Post #37

" I'm touched you are concerned for me..."

Now you are conflating concern with absolute humour!

That's right, I'm laughing at you! LOL!

So caught up in the Meatballian narrative, you are. Hook, line and sinker. Like a text-book brainwashing/cult victim.

Born to obey your Master!

I would say you are a perfect fit for Meatballia.
+
MisterDuck
post 15.Nov.2018, 09:33 AM
Post #38

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 13.Nov.2018, 05:32 PM) *
Oh. I'm touched you are concerned for me. I wouldn't one worry. One property is our UK property and nearly paid and with tenants in it. 90% of the other is forest here ... (show full quote)

The above interested me - how do you buy a forest and how does it provide income? I never heard of this but maybe it's a "thing" in sweden, with all the forests they have?
+
skogsbo
post 15.Nov.2018, 11:10 AM
Post #39

QUOTE (MisterDuck @ 15.Nov.2018, 08:33 AM) *
The above interested me - how do you buy a forest and how does it provide income? I never heard of this but maybe it's a "thing" in sweden, with all the forests they have?

It is just like buying land anywhere else. The income is from selling wood, there are of course some costs it isn't all money flowing in and the investment is very much long term.

There are risks, timber prices, storms, fire etc too. There are bonuses too you might have your own lake, hunting rights and so on.

You could put all your money in a private pension, buy an annuity and when you die it's all gone. With a forest it is still there and goes to whoever you decide.

Have a look here https://www.lrfkonsult.se/varatjanster/fast...formedling/skog
+
Bsmith
post 15.Nov.2018, 11:47 AM
Post #40

The thing about land is that they ain't making any more of it.
+
skogsbo
post 15.Nov.2018, 01:09 PM
Post #41

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 15.Nov.2018, 10:47 AM) *
The thing about land is that they ain't making any more of it.

And more people demanding more from it. Be it food for the masses, a carbon trap or sustainable building materials. Can't predict the future though.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 15.Nov.2018, 02:23 PM
Post #42

And space for immigrant housing too!!! laugh.gif
+
john.boy
post 18.Nov.2018, 03:53 PM
Post #43

QUOTE (wallace1837 @ 12.Nov.2018, 04:37 PM) *
It is simple and well documented. People have started using their house like a credit card...

Feel free to prove this?

Mortgage loans total approx 40% of residential property value. Sounds like there is still quite a bit of wiggle room.

Looking only at debt is not that useful, households also hold assets including property and financial ones. If you exclude things like pensions then even then the total amounts to 3x the amount of debt. If you go one step further and remove property and only count assets that can be liquidated quickly, the total is still larger than the debt.

When looking at debt, it isn't the total amount of debt but rather who has the debt that matters. Studies done some years ago show that >30% of Swedes have zero loans, and the largest loans are concentrated to 2.5% of the population. Those people being the ones that are better educated, high income earners. In other words, those that will have little difficulty in an economic downturn, or rate rising economy.
+
Gjeebes
post 18.Nov.2018, 05:12 PM
Post #44

J-B, thanks for the usual "retard" spin you always produce. You must certainly be a paid stooge for TL as you seem to have a (bollocks) excuse, for everything.

1) "Looking only at debt is not that useful, households also hold assets including property and financial ones."

Who cares. Those same households do not "own" their "assets".

2) "Those people being the ones that are better educated, high income earners. In other words, those that will have little difficulty in an economic downturn, or rate rising economy."

Sure, just like in the 90's.
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: