The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

i want to study in sweden

*Benny*
post 10.Feb.2006, 02:30 PM
Post #1

My name is Benny. I am from Nigeria.I want to study in sweden.Please i need a help from any student or family who is aware about swedish university and its importance to reach me soon through this email bennycdoze@yahoo.com.I am a single man of 22 years of age.
Go to the top of the page
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 10.Feb.2006, 03:16 PM
Post #2

Do we have to help a bank transfer of some money to keep it from going to some corrupt politicians?

:wink:

Sorry - why do you want to study in Sweden, anyway?
+
*Benny*
post 10.Feb.2006, 03:24 PM
Post #3

I want to study in sweden becuase i have seen sweden as one of the countries where computer science is well taught and very easy country with more facilities in university education.
Benny laugh.gif
+
Alice Is Back
post 10.Feb.2006, 03:25 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Jason)
Do we have to help a bank transfer of some money to keep it from going to some corrupt politicians?

:wink:

Sorry - why do you want to study in Sweden, anyway?

shall we tell him where you come from ???
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 10.Feb.2006, 03:32 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Aaron_in_berlin)
shall we tell him where you come from ???

laugh.gif laugh.gif
QUOTE (Benny)
I want to study in sweden becuase i have seen sweden as one of the countries where computer science is well taught and very easy country with more facilities in university education.

I would not say that Sweden is "easy" but it might be to some... smile.gif

I dont know if the Swedes are comp sci experts either...but I think they do churn out quite a few...buenos suertes
+
Mnemonic
post 10.Feb.2006, 04:29 PM
Post #6

ah.. hurts your eyes doesn't it Jason that someone thinks sweden is a good place to get education.. :twisted:
We have alot of foreigners comming here to study because we do have high class universitys but its not easy to get in to one since there is alot of unemployed people and they all study to get a job right now.
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 10.Feb.2006, 06:48 PM
Post #7

Sure. Remember this ? http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=711&date=20041208
+
Haz
post 10.Feb.2006, 10:00 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Benny)
Benny laugh.gif

well comp sci is a good thing to study here, first you need to find a school you like. Chalmers and KTH are the two main ones. But you might try Umea' or lulea' or Lund.

check them out and come back when you have more questions.
+
Alabama
post 2.Apr.2006, 11:52 PM
Post #9

For information on studies in Sweden. Check
www.studyinsweden.se
www.sweden.se
www.bth.se
Best wishes.
+
*Brathair / Don't Be Lagom*
post 3.Apr.2006, 12:06 AM
Post #10

Benny, Do you appreciate 11.5 months of grey, dull winter like I imagine most Nigerians do? If so, Sweden's your place.

Seriously though, why wouldn't you go to the UK where English would be utilised?

Good luck;.
+
Zonob
post 3.Apr.2006, 02:52 AM
Post #11

Your best sourse is www.studyinsweden.se
Go to the PDF file that list all Swedish universities offering Comp Sci programs for Internationals. I assume your going to be an MSc student. If not you better visit the websites of universities you're considering for study. Keep in mind that as an undergraduate you must learn Swedish, whereas MSc students can study in English at most universities. By the way you'r too late I believe to secure admission for September 2006, but give it a try anyways.
+
etuna
post 3.Apr.2006, 08:00 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (Bráthair)
Benny, Do you appreciate 11.5 months of grey, dull winter like I imagine most Nigerians do? If so, Sweden's your place.

Seriously though, why wouldn't you go to the UK where English would be utilised?

Good luck;.

the cost? A number ot degrees/ MAs are offered in English over here too
+
Irishmanabroad
post 3.Apr.2006, 08:00 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Zonob)
By the way you'r too late I believe to secure admission for September 2006, but give it a try anyways.

Definitely give it a try. My application process will only begin in 2-3 weeks time and I think (don't quote me on this) that the application dates are open until mid-may.
+
*Brathair / Don't Be Lagom*
post 3.Apr.2006, 07:27 PM
Post #14

etuna, I did not know that. I wonder how they are rated and if they have more of an English/US standard or if the only thing that is different is the language of instruction.

In my field Swedish degrees are not considered very competitive outside of Sweden.
+
Dogge
post 3.Apr.2006, 08:06 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Mnemonic)
We have alot of foreigners comming here to study because we do have high class universitys.

Actually you have a lot of foreigners coming because it is tuition free. Swedish universities, especially at the "master" degree level, are quite poor standard.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: