The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Application for Residence

Residence permit

Carlos254
post 7.Apr.2017, 12:27 PM
Post #1

A quick question,we have recently settled in Sweden,my wife is from a Nordic country,we have a big apartment and she got a job right away,she is now working,i submitted my application for residence permit online,i inderstand i can also start working or going to school,my question is,am i supposed to receive some sort of paper from MV stating that i have submitted my application and my rights in Sweden?I dont yet have a swedish personnummer but i have a valid visiting visa,your help is highly appreciated.TIA.
Go to the top of the page
+
EmelieBrocker
post 4.May.2017, 04:57 PM
Post #2

this is actually what i need to know too. bump to this thread. need answer too. tnx
+
Newbie2017
post 13.Jun.2017, 08:39 PM
Post #3

Hi Carlos254,

You should actually be able to get a personnummer without waiting for your residence permit, on the basis of your marriage to an EU citizen. First you need to make sure the Skatteverket is aware of your marriage, and you will need to go together with all the necessary paperwork. Then your personnummer should be sent to you. This only takes a week or two.

Next, the harder part, which is to get an ID kort. To do this, you will need to pay the fee, again return to the Skatteverket with your partner (she is the 'approved attestor') and apply.

You should receive a notification letter from MV stating they have received your application and will let you know when they have made a decision, to your home address. It took mine about 2 weeks to receive.
+
Carlos254
post 14.Jun.2017, 09:33 AM
Post #4

I got the pn,but it was after a real hustle,they kept asking for health insurance,i decided to go to a different skatteverket in a different kommun and got it in 2 weeks
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: