The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

English pre schools in Lund

Lund schools

BPlus
post 28.Jul.2017, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Hi,

Can anyone help me find out if thre are any English medium schools (meaning language of intruction is English) for my 3.5 years kid in Lund. I had an offer for Lund and just wanted to check of English medium schools in Lund.

Thanks,
Parag
Go to the top of the page
+
ChocOwl
post 28.Jul.2017, 11:52 AM
Post #2

What do you mean by "medium" school? A 3.5-year old would go to "förskola", then start "förskoleklass" at age 6 (not compulsory), and compulsory school at age 7.
Here is a list of preschools in Lund: https://www.lund.se/utbildning--forskola/fo...sorg/forskolor/
And a list of schools in Lund: https://www.lund.se/utbildning--forskola/gr...la/grundskolor/
If you click on "fristående" you will see some bilingual schools.
Some very basic info on the Swedish school system here in various languages: https://www.informationsverige.se/Svenska/S...spr%C3%A5k.aspx
+
BPlus
post 28.Jul.2017, 12:01 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (ChocOwl @ 28.Jul.2017, 04:22 PM) *
What do you mean by "medium" school? A 3.5-year old would go to "förskola", then start "förskoleklass" at age 6 (not compulsory), and compulsor ... (show full quote)

Sorry if i miscommunicated. I mean pre-schools (förskola as you said) where children would be taught or instructed in English. Since my kid dosent know swedish.
+
ChocOwl
post 28.Jul.2017, 01:33 PM
Post #4

Aha. Well, there are a few bilingual preschools listed on the first link.
+
BPlus
post 28.Jul.2017, 02:49 PM
Post #5

Thanks a lot for the links you provided.

Are the schools listed in Fristaende public schools?

Sorry if my doubt is a foolish one.
But i am totally unaware of the schooling system and have heard that public schools provide free education while international schools are way too costly.

Thanks,
BPlus
+
ChocOwl
post 28.Jul.2017, 03:40 PM
Post #6

Yeah, some so-called international schools are allowed to charge fees, but others are free as for all other schools in Sweden. I think this depends on which curriculum is followed (no experince with this, sorry).
For preschool the fee is usually based on the household income. See the website of the relevant municipality for information (may be some variations between municipalities).
Yes, "fristående" means the school is not run by the municipality. It does not mean the school charges fees, however.
There are lots of old threads about schooling and preschool if you want to read about the expereience of others (and perhaps get other advice)... just cruise through the archive.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: