The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Travelling to the UK on a Swedish Residence Permit

Anyone have experience with this?

Gareth909
post 16.Sep.2011, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Hi all,

I am on a South African passport, but have full Swedish Residence. I want to travel to the UK for a few days holiday. Can I get into the country using my Swedish Residence Permit, or do I need to get a separate visa. I can't get a straight answer from any website.

Gareth
Go to the top of the page
+
Nitwade
post 16.Sep.2011, 03:10 PM
Post #2

I also have a Swedish resident permit and I am a non EU, all the times I wanted to visit UK I had to apply for Visa...they will give you a multiple entry visa valid for max 6months...the Swedish resident permit doesn't work for UK entry so I assume it will be the same for you in that case.
+
Johno
post 16.Sep.2011, 05:27 PM
Post #3

For the op. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-im...ou-need-a-visa/ seems to say you need a visa.
+
pathor
post 16.Sep.2011, 06:17 PM
Post #4

Yes UK is not Schengen ... so you definitely need a visa
+
dalkennywhufc
post 17.Sep.2011, 04:02 PM
Post #5

im a londoner from uk they are very strict
even for us livng in the uk you have to use your passport for flying now.so no way you can use swedish residence card
+
Gareth909
post 18.Sep.2011, 01:03 PM
Post #6

thanks for the feedback, guys. Looks like it's yet another visa for my beleaguered SA passport! smile.gif And the saddest thing is, I was issued with a UK Residence Card shortly before leaving the country (because of my relationship with my Swedish gf), but you lose that as soon as you leave emigrate. Bollocks!
+
melissafrank90
post 20.Jul.2014, 04:57 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Gareth909 @ 18.Sep.2011, 01:03 PM) *
thanks for the feedback, guys. Looks like it's yet another visa for my beleaguered SA passport! And the saddest thing is, I was issued with a UK Residence Card shortl ... (show full quote)

Hey I have a question i need to know what permit is best to apply for and what is the waiting time for me to move to new castle upon tyne , I am an american with a swedish resident permit and I am married to a swedish citizen. So I need to know what to expect.
+
Localer
post 20.Jul.2014, 05:43 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (melissafrank90 @ 20.Jul.2014, 05:57 PM) *
Hey I have a question i need to know what permit is best to apply for and what is the waiting time for me to move to new castle upon tyne , I am an american with a swedish res ... (show full quote)

uh ? you mentioned that you had already moved to new castle upon tyne?!
+
Hisingen
post 25.Feb.2015, 10:24 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Yesmaam @ 25.Feb.2015, 06:02 AM) *
Hi I just received my Sweden resident card for 5yrs and my wife is a norwegian citizen we are trying to move to Norway how do go about that process in Norway? PLS can get any ... (show full quote)

You have been told by several, including me, on other threads you have started on the same subject that the only place you can get that info is the Norwegian Embassy. Also - if your partner is Norwegian then she ought to be the one to give you guidance. You are nothing if not a bit of a bore, and lazy with it.
+

Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: