The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Sky TV --Question about losing channels

Need Advice!!

Rick Methven
post 30.Apr.2014, 09:14 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (blueearthling @ 28.Apr.2014, 09:50 PM) *
I'm in ?kersberga about 30km NE of Stockholm. Where do you guys get your dish from? I have been quoted about ?700 for a 1.5m dish, is this right?

My Gibertini 150cm cost SEK4,495 + 1,000 delivery from satpro

http://www.satpro.se/?id=10301&ucat_nr=0&show=1
Go to the top of the page
+
sarcastrix
post 1.May.2014, 12:37 PM
Post #17

There are a other places you can try too as 700 seems a bit steep.

http://www.satcom.n.nu/satellitdish-18 -have both new & used Gibertini OP 150.
http://www.elgruvan.se/sv/100-cm/2001-gibe...0aluminium.html
http://www.nordsat.se/Paraboler/-100-cm/Gi...50Aluminium.htm
+
blueearthling
post 11.May.2014, 11:15 AM
Post #18

Thank you very much for the links.

Can anyone confirm 1.5m is big enough for my location?
+
Micardo
post 11.May.2014, 05:32 PM
Post #19

Big is not always best, depends on how you use your equipment !
+
*Andy6118*
post 12.May.2014, 10:43 AM
Post #20

Some useful information here thank you.

Does anyone know of a firm that supplies, fits and alignes dishes in the Stockholm area?

I have just got Sky+ HD and was planning to use the wifi over my VPN network for catch up etc, however if its possible to get some channels in Stockholm from a dish that could be the way ahead.

Thanks in advance
+
Hisingen
post 12.May.2014, 01:48 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Micardo @ 11.May.2014, 04:32 PM) *
Big is not always best, depends on how you use your equipment !

Big - or bigger - is best where satellite reception is concerned.
Try receiving Sky on a UK size dish here in Sweden, and you will see what I mean. When on the fringe of receptivity, you need to pull in the utmost signal possible, and the only way is a big dish. That said, you also need a good LNB combined with a receiver that has a good threshold for minimum signals.
I have Rick's 120 dish and his quad LNB, and for the same channel at the same time, on a new Humax HDR1000S I get a reading of signal strength/quality of 80/50 on both tuners, and on a ten-year-old Sky Pace DS430N Digibox - 50/10. The wide difference I cannot explain, but it could be due to age and sensitivity, I know not which, however. Switching the cables between the different tuners made no difference.
I do think,however, that could I connect to one of the dishes at Tanum Teleport, I would get pretty good reception. They are some 32M in diameter and are currently redundant! Wouldn't fit on my roof, though, nor in the garden.
Attached Image
smile.gif
+
suephoenix
post 4.Jun.2014, 07:24 AM
Post #22

I was sent this post by a friend because I would love to get sky tv in my home in skane but havent a clue how to go about it.
Could someone please advice and can i add i am a 60 year old techno phobic ...ie lay jargon would be much appreciated . Do I need to go to uk to buy the box and register which would be difficult . I live in small village near Sjobo and currently need to buy both tv and dish ...well everything .I have no tv channels just use my computer and youtube etc.
I would love any help
Thank you
sue
+
Hisingen
post 4.Jun.2014, 10:03 AM
Post #23

To get Sky you must have a Sky viewing card and a Sky Digibox. These can be obtained by having a UK address etc. or by purchasing via one or the other of the companies providing you with such an address - but at a price somewhat above the actual Sky subscription cost.
This is but one :- Visit My Website
Use Google or Yahoo for Sky viewing cards.
Your viewing will depend on how big a dish you can put up, but the bigger the better, and around at least 1,2M dia will be necessary. Even then you may find that you loose channels during bad weather. I lost BBC1 last night due to clouds and rain, for example, and I live north of G
+
ShaunD
post 4.Jun.2014, 12:27 PM
Post #24

Forget using a satellite dish now, for me IPTV is the way forward.
Since moving in last week in our new house in Borl?nge here in Dalarna I have been using the IPTV box and package from here www.expatvision.net I had a couple of problems with freezing picture at first but their online support solved the problem.

I have got the full package which is around the same cost as my old Sky package I had at our old house, but now we get ALL BBC, ITV CH4 CH5 etc. channels that I could never get before due to dish size, there is catchup TV on there, movies, sports, etc. etc. and everything works brilliant, just the ethernet cable from the modem into the box, then HDMI cable from the box into the TV and job done.

So far I am seriously impressed with this, far cheaper (equipment wise) than a satellite box, dish, lnb, install costs etc. and simple to install, I highly recommend it.

Shaun.
+
intrepidfox
post 4.Jun.2014, 05:35 PM
Post #25

If you have broadband then you can use this site

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/

Unfortunately i havn't got broadband so i must use the satellite which is crap at the moment because i havn't bought a new larger dish
+
Hisingen
post 5.Jun.2014, 07:42 PM
Post #26

Surely that sort of TV reception is dependent upon having unlimited broadband? Currently I have a 10GB limit, beyond which there is so much to pay per GB.
I must say that having my two boxes, with three HDD's for recording there is little I miss, other than when the cloud cover is a bit heavy. After all, there is just so much TV you can view, that is unless you spend 24/7 watching the stuff, which I don't. There is certainly a life away from the goggle box, and with a garden to be taken care of and a wife making 'requests' - - -
Add to that, I, for one, am getting a bit beyond the techy stuff, and would much rather simply use a remote control - change channels - watch a recording - even change STB - and leave the rest to, well, whatever.. Even so it is sometimes way past midnight when I hit the hay, resulting in an unpopular later start the next day.

smile.gif smile.gif
+
Uncker
post 9.Sep.2014, 04:05 PM
Post #27

Thanks everyone for the above information.
I have a holiday home just north of Orsa. I tuned the satellite last year & could receive BBC, ITV & Channel 4 unless the weather was poor.
When I arrived this August "No Signal". Decided to retune & they disappeared altogether. Now I understand why.
The Islamic, Christian & Auction channels are not very entertaining.

I think I only have an 80cm dish.

Do old sky boxes work without a card i.e can you receive non subscription channels without a card?
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: