The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Global warming scare

What are you thoughts

Saywhatwhat
post 17.Aug.2018, 04:57 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 17.Aug.2018, 04:38 PM) *
What fuel will be "burned" to create the electricity needed to charge all those batteries???

I think as gsurya said it's more about waste and the disposal of batteries, also the creation of them... Batteries could be charged by pedaling a bike... I guess you would burn calories
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Aug.2018, 05:09 PM
Post #17

I have never seen a study where all the cars are electric worldwide and the electricity creating method/cost used to charge their batteries on a scale necessary to do so was explained...

Have you???
+
Bsmith
post 17.Aug.2018, 09:42 PM
Post #18

Electricity is not an energy source. It has to be generated by burning fossil fuel or by nuclear reaction. The only true non polluting energy sources are solar, wind, geothermal and water movement...and to harvest these, energy must be created to manufacture machines capable of doing so.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Aug.2018, 09:46 PM
Post #19

The internal combustion engine will disappear when all the easy to get fossil fuels are gone...Until then we can only speculate...

Think ethanol!!!
+
Saywhatwhat
post 18.Aug.2018, 07:25 AM
Post #20

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 17.Aug.2018, 10:42 PM) *
Electricity is not an energy source. It has to be generated by burning fossil fuel or by nuclear reaction. The only true non polluting energy sources are solar, wind, geothe ... (show full quote)

Oh really? So when I get a static shock is that from fossil fuel or nuclear reaction?
+
Bsmith
post 18.Aug.2018, 11:11 AM
Post #21

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 18.Aug.2018, 06:25 AM) *
Oh really? So when I get a static shock is that from fossil fuel or nuclear reaction?

If you can power a car off static electricity I will be the first in line to buy it.
+
Bsmith
post 18.Aug.2018, 11:13 AM
Post #22

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 17.Aug.2018, 08:46 PM) *
The internal combustion engine will disappear when all the easy to get fossil fuels are gone...Until then we can only speculate.... Think ethanol!!!

Ethanol is a political scam to placate wealthy corn farmers. It takes as much if not more energy to produce the ethanol than you get out of it.
+
Gjeebes
post 18.Aug.2018, 11:42 AM
Post #23

Corn ethanol is wet. Wet fuels don't perform well and must be dried. Drying the fuel, costs much more in E than the fuel itself contains.

It's like spending 135$, to get 72$ (where $ = $). Or, "Gamla-logic" as it is AFKA.

I am surprised this isn't more well known after DubJa famously supported Yankee corn farmers without understanding what the fuck he was doing.
+
john.boy
post 18.Aug.2018, 01:52 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (gsurya @ 26.Mar.2018, 07:32 AM) *
thats all part of 'global warming'.

No, it's called Climate, and Climate has been changing for 4.5 Billion Years!

Should we not be more concerned that in a few billion years the Sun will super-nova, I don't remember the hippy lefty bunny hugging environmentalists introducing a tax for that yet?
+
Saywhatwhat
post 18.Aug.2018, 02:03 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 18.Aug.2018, 12:11 PM) *
If you can power a car off static electricity I will be the first in line to buy it.

It would be an inefficient way to do so but I'm sure it can happen. You said earlier that electricity can only be generated by burning fossil fuel or nuclear reaction... You are wrong.

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 18.Aug.2018, 12:42 PM) *
I am surprised this isn't more well known after DubJa famously supported Yankee corn farmers without understanding what the fuck he was doing.

Pretty sure he did know what he was doing. He wanted to help corn farmers so he sold the idea.

This could be similar to the food pyramid that was created to support wheat farmers but sold under the guise of health.
+
Bsmith
post 18.Aug.2018, 02:43 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 18.Aug.2018, 02:03 PM) *
It would be an inefficient way to do so but I'm sure it can happen. You said earlier that electricity can only be generated by burning fossil fuel or nuclear reaction... You are wrong.

You're right. I should have said usable electricity has to be generated. Natural electricity such as lightning and static electricity has not been successfully harnessed as of yet.
+
intrepidfox
post 18.Aug.2018, 03:00 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (john.boy @ 18.Aug.2018, 12:52 PM) *
No, it's called Climate, and Climate has been changing for 4.5 Billion Years!Should we not be more concerned that in a few billion years the Sun will super-nova, I don ... (show full quote)

Don´t tell the Miljöpartiet. They will take you seriously
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 18.Aug.2018, 04:55 PM
Post #28

"Ethanol is a political scam to placate wealthy corn farmers. It takes as much if not more energy to produce the ethanol than you get out of it."

I was being facetious when I mentioned ethanol, until oil is gone the internal combustion engine is the cheapest way to go...
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: