The Local _ Gothenburg _ Gothenburg drinks?

Posted by: Nuname 17.Nov.2005, 03:56 PM

Any Localers in Gothenburg want to meet up for a drink?
Currently it's Estrella & I, no date place or venue though so all suggestions are welcome.

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 04:01 PM

I think Ernest is coming too...?

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 04:06 PM

How about next week sometime?

I am off for a bit now to eat...smile.gif

Posted by: E J Reklam 17.Nov.2005, 06:01 PM

How about next thursday (24th)? I am (sadly) sailing back to dear blighty on Friday to start my new job (that I had to get in england because no one will employ me in sweden...grrrr). I will be in Göteborg delivering my dear pussycat to my ex-brother-in-law.

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 06:02 PM

Ok for now we say thursday next week.

Posted by: E J Reklam 17.Nov.2005, 06:03 PM

marvellous!! biggrin.gif

Any suggestion of venue Estrella? You are the local. I like Pusterviks in Järntorget. Reasonably cheap for people with no money, like me. And groovy clientel.

Posted by: Eyallow 17.Nov.2005, 07:39 PM

Well you guys should not forget me! That is if you will be able to stand me! Remember am gollum!

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 07:45 PM

Pustervik or Bishops Arms?
Ernest you are welcome...my boyfriend does a great impersonation od Gollum hehe. He can't come though!

Posted by: E J Reklam 17.Nov.2005, 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Estrella Olsson)
Pustervik or Bishops Arms?

I don't know the Bishops Arms. Where is it?
Is the Queens Legs still open?

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 08:55 PM

LOLOL
Does that exist? It should!

I think it's next to Friskis och Svettis...

Posted by: E J Reklam 17.Nov.2005, 09:11 PM

That's the place. They do a great Sunday lunch of Hairy Pie & Sausage

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 09:12 PM

Ewwww...sorry. smile.gif

That's just perfect after Friskis och Svettis though!

Posted by: E J Reklam 17.Nov.2005, 09:34 PM

No I'm sorry but that is just "dumb", you "communist thinker". Don't get all semantic with me, I went to a pub once (after my debating class) and my job actually involves thinking up funny names for pubs.

Posted by: Citrus 17.Nov.2005, 10:14 PM

oh i wish i could join ya, sounds fun, but i'm a stockholmer myself.

drink a pint on my behalf :wink:

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 10:16 PM

hehe...

Too bad there Monday! Götet it is...

Posted by: E J Reklam 17.Nov.2005, 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Monday)
oh i wish i could join ya, sounds fun, but i'm a stockholmer myself.

drink a pint on my behalf :wink:

Send me 70Kr and I'll drink two pints on your behalf.

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 10:26 PM

Hey we need a time...I mean I am still Swedish and I need to know when to show up.. smile.gif

Posted by: E J Reklam 17.Nov.2005, 10:32 PM

Well, assuming that we ever decide on a venue, I can show up anytime between midday and midnight.
Girls choice, Estrella? Pick a time. What about Toby and Mr Chi?

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 10:33 PM

Ok not too late cos it is a school night... smile.gif
Let's say show up around 6pm?

Posted by: E J Reklam 17.Nov.2005, 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Estrella Olsson)
Let's say show up around 6pm?

Yeah, but where?

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 10:37 PM

LOL good point...hmm let's say...Bishops Arms? I have never beeen.

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 10:38 PM

We can always go somewhere else later on...?

Posted by: Eyallow 17.Nov.2005, 10:40 PM

am the guy with my ears to the ground. Anywhere will do. Pustervik is ok. Anyway where on järntorget. Oh my, just remembered. i will be going to oskarshamn on wednesday for work. Will return late friday! The most boring town in the whole world!

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 10:42 PM

It is important to be Ernest Ernest! Hmm...not good! Ok but next time you can come?

Posted by: E J Reklam 17.Nov.2005, 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Estrella Olsson)
We can always go somewhere else later on...?

I just looked it up online and realised thats it's a chain pub. I went to the Jönköping "branch". They had London Pride, which impressed me (without sounding like some real ale beardy git - I am a smooth chinned git).
Anyway, like you say, we can make it a crawl.

Posted by: E J Reklam 17.Nov.2005, 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Ernest Chi)

That's a pity Ernie. Us westerners are a bit thin on the ground. I'll have to come back for the re-union.
I agree with Järntorget, but I am biased.

Posted by: Nova 17.Nov.2005, 10:51 PM

I hope you guys are going to relay to us your goings on when you meet. I know some of you may have shown pictures of yourselves, but to make it fun for all of us (not just you lot who are going out) why not let us know what you expect i.e. in terms of looks; personality; what the others may drink and any other thing you may presume to write.

Have a good night biggrin.gif

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 11:03 PM

I suspect that I will arrive...look amazing and I will have one pint of guiness! I also need food to sruvvie so might buy food...therefore we need to go to a real pub with food Ågatan...is that ok?

Posted by: E J Reklam 17.Nov.2005, 11:25 PM

Fine by me...I am assuming that we are still going to the Bishop's (do they do nosh?). I know Pusterviks does a reasonable microwaved lasagne amongst other things. But if we are on a crawl, surely you will want a kebab between each venue?

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 11:38 PM

No kebabs please LOL. You funny one...Nah I need a real meal as I will miss dinner. probably...might go shopping first I dunno.

Posted by: E J Reklam 17.Nov.2005, 11:42 PM

We'll see. Wait till you get a wiff of my suculent "donor". You'll be begging me for those bits of salad that always fall on the pavement and the disgusting dribbles of chilli sauce staining my jacket.
Bishop's eller...?

Posted by: Streja 17.Nov.2005, 11:43 PM

Bishops...I can't post here anymore I have my one thread...go to that one from now on. Free Rider wants to see someone else's name on the forum but mine.

Posted by: Nova 17.Nov.2005, 11:47 PM

Estrella - Guiness is my drink of choice over here in Scandinavia (can't get a dcent pint of bitter anywhere sad.gif ) So have one for me laugh.gif

Posted by: Ecosse 18.Nov.2005, 04:19 PM

Hej guys.. I think Bishops Arms is now in Gotaplatsen, below SAS hotel.. I was there yesterday.. Not sure if BA in Domkyrkan is still there

Posted by: Yuna Tifani 19.Nov.2005, 08:15 AM

Hej...

I wanna join your "meeting" but since I cant go next thursday..Is it possible if you guys make another 'meetin' by the weekend sometimes??
since im working from monday until saturday at 12.00
so guys I hope we can meet up next time ?? biggrin.gif

//Yuna

Posted by: Streja 19.Nov.2005, 11:37 AM

Yes Yuna we might be able to do something...we'll keep in touch!

Posted by: Yuna Tifani 19.Nov.2005, 01:32 PM

hey...thankssss biggrin.gif
see you guyssss...

Posted by: Eyallow 19.Nov.2005, 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Streja)
Yes Yuna we might be able to do something...we'll keep in touch!

Yes, it will be great to catch up with you guys! But since i will not be around on thursday, it will be nice if you guys of course talk of a future rendezvous when you meet! Hope you will be nice to each other!

If the meeting was around saturday, that would have suited me better, because i will be back in Göteborg Friday night!

Posted by: Streja 19.Nov.2005, 06:57 PM

Ernest...we can do that maybe...can we change it to thursday? I don't think I have anything planned...?

Posted by: Eyallow 19.Nov.2005, 07:12 PM

I will be happy to be there indeed. But it seems you have already planned the meeting for thursday. If that suits all the others then i can't afford to be there. However, i will be back in Göteborg on Friday night which means that Saturday fits better for me! However, changes can be made only if everyone accepts that. What do you think? Is there a chance that we can reschedule? Agåtan and the others of course need to be consulted!

Have a great saturday!

Posted by: Streja 19.Nov.2005, 07:13 PM

Yeah maybe it is too late? We could have two meetings maybe?

Posted by: Yuna Tifani 20.Nov.2005, 09:48 AM

Ok.. i vote for Saturday..
maybe you guys can write down your name and make alsit,when you want it..then copy paste..

Saturday:
Yuna

Posted by: Yuna Tifani 20.Nov.2005, 09:49 AM

btw..not just a drink..bowling or pool aslo welcome..kinda fun though biggrin.gif

Posted by: Eyallow 20.Nov.2005, 07:16 PM

So are on for Saturday instead?

Posted by: Nuname 20.Nov.2005, 08:17 PM

Sorry, been away from computers for the weekend.
Thursday's probably bad because I have 2 other options, footy being one of them, Saturday may be OK though.

Posted by: E J Reklam 20.Nov.2005, 09:44 PM

I'll have moved back to the UK by then.

Posted by: Streja 21.Nov.2005, 10:46 AM

We are meeting on Thursday. If anyone wants to go out Saturday that can be arranged.

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 21.Nov.2005, 12:00 PM

Hrm...not sure if I will be around...might be in Spain...let me know time and place, and you might get to see your favorite (well not Trow's favorite) hot temptered American.

I live just off the Avenue...so I am flexible :evil:

Posted by: E J Reklam 21.Nov.2005, 04:47 PM

bishop's arms at 6pm...I believe

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 21.Nov.2005, 04:59 PM

today...tizzsday...whinesday...turdsday...or the day the egle $hits (friday)?

Posted by: E J Reklam 21.Nov.2005, 05:13 PM

As the poster, formerly known as Estrella, says: "Thursday"

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 21.Nov.2005, 05:50 PM

Aight...6ish at BA...Gotaplatsen or the other one?

Posted by: E J Reklam 21.Nov.2005, 06:14 PM

Västra Hamngatan 3, Kungsportsavenyn 36

I've never been there (it was suggested by TPFKAE) but these are the locations mentioned on the website. I would go to the Avenue location, because I know vaguely where it is.

Comment please Estrella?

Posted by: Streja 21.Nov.2005, 11:14 PM

HmmmmI have never been to Bihops Arms...we can meet at västra hamngatan and always go somewhere else later?

Posted by: Dr. Dev 21.Nov.2005, 11:44 PM

hello everyone. Estrella, toby, mr. chi, jason, ernest, ågatan, and everyone I missed.
I have been reading many of your posts on THE LOCAL for a while. I finally joined as
Dr. Mark. I have only posted a couple of messages myself, but like this site so much, I hope to be a regular. I am from san diego, calfornia, USA, but am a nice guy. I speak limited swedish, but my english is fair enough. Difficult to meet others here in Göteborg, I have found. I read your string about going to Bishops arms at 6pm thurs. 24th. WOuld it be cool with you guys if a stranger (ME) shows up to share a drink or 2 and some good conversation?
I would love the opportunity it is cool with you all. Would someone who is going email me and let me know if that is cool to go too? I don´t want to be a party crasher and that is why I am asking, as normallly I am spontaneous type of person and personable.
Please ANYONE email me at my address: markpmi@hotmail.com ASAP and let me know if cool to show up next thurs. Thanks so much. Cheers! Vi ses!
Mark ("Dr. Mark") goodbye for now!

Posted by: E J Reklam 21.Nov.2005, 11:59 PM

it's alright by me Dr.Dev...we are all strangers

& Estrella...OK it's the hamngatan branch...I'll be there at 6pm

Posted by: Dr. Dev 22.Nov.2005, 12:08 AM

Ågatan,
Thanks for the rapid reply. No need for an email now, but thanks the same. The information I have is meeting Thursday 24th at 6pm (1800) at the Bishop Arms (the one near/at Västra hamngatan) (let me know if any of my info is incorrect) By the way, have you guys ever met before as a group, or is this the first time?
Also, Ågatan, good luck with you move back to UK (if my recollection is correct). sorry no luck with jobs here in sweden. I know how you feel, believe me.
See you there!
Mark

Posted by: E J Reklam 22.Nov.2005, 12:26 AM

Cheers Mate...as far as I know, none of us have knowingley met. But don't worry, I've been to internet get togethers before and everyone is usually meek and mild, very polite. But I will bring my Swedish ex-brother in law for security. He looks like a bit of a bruiser.

Posted by: Dr. Dev 22.Nov.2005, 12:51 AM

Ågatan,
I better bring extra money so I can get your swedish brother in law a bunch of whiskey, so he stays on my good side, since I am definitely not a bruiser! eller hur?
Here The Bishop Arms has good whiskey! Can't wait to sample it. Even if it does empty my wallet for one or two shots, here in Sweden!
see you there!

Posted by: E J Reklam 22.Nov.2005, 01:04 AM

Please don't buy him whiskey or his security value will fade...rapidly. He will be your friend forever though.

Posted by: Dr. Dev 22.Nov.2005, 01:10 AM

Ågatan,
I was joking anyways. Promise will buy whiskey for just myself, or others not in the security business! See you there. I am knackered! Gonna crash for the night.
take it easy.
-Mark

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 22.Nov.2005, 10:17 AM

/laughs - This is gonna be funneh...

I am going to warn you all - I am a complete IDIOT when it comes to finding my way around G'brg. This is the one down near the canal and Fiskakrogen right? Never been to that one but Eniro'd it - the new one on the Avenue is not listed. laugh.gif

Posted by: Yuna Tifani 22.Nov.2005, 11:18 AM

SO the meeting will be on Saturday?? 26 November? where exactly?

Posted by: Ecosse 22.Nov.2005, 11:28 AM

Okay.. If it is BA ( not Aveny one ) Then get Off tram at Domkyrkan.. It is right in front of you then.. Turn your back to the Domkyrk and you will see BA on your right.. Very small Entrnace downstairs... Bring your sporrans.. It aint cheap berr folks!!!

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 22.Nov.2005, 11:35 AM

QUOTE (Kevan Hughes)
It aint cheap berr folks!!!

Not cheap beer? Heck, that is one of the reasons I moved to Sweden - cheep beer and sunny weather... :wink:

Posted by: Streja 22.Nov.2005, 12:14 PM

We can meet there and head off somewhere else. But then I am a woman and expect you guys to buy me my beer..JUST KIDDING!

I believe it is next to Friskis och Svettis?

There has been no real plans set up for saturday yet.

Posted by: Ecosse 22.Nov.2005, 03:53 PM

You get 3 for 1 in Diamond dogs !!!

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 22.Nov.2005, 05:21 PM

My liver knows that quite well...*shiver* I always am hurting the next morning afte a night at the DD [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/drink/trink08.gif[/img]

Posted by: Streja 22.Nov.2005, 10:32 PM

Ok I will have one of the three...as long as I know what is in it.

Let's meet at bihops then head off there maybe.

Posted by: Dr. Dev 22.Nov.2005, 11:26 PM

Ågatan (and everyone else),
As I understood it, and read on this thread, the meeting at BA for drinks is this THURSDAY, 24th at 6pm. BUT, someone was stating/asking if the meeting is on saturday. It is thursday 24th, still right??, NOT sat?, right?
-Thanks!
-Mark biggrin.gif

Posted by: Streja 22.Nov.2005, 11:33 PM

Yes...thursday...6pm...bishops...any women coming?????????????????

Posted by: Dr. Dev 22.Nov.2005, 11:47 PM

streja,
Thanks for the info!
I believe Estrella is going. Perhaps other girls will show up 2.
peace!
Mark

Posted by: Streja 23.Nov.2005, 12:05 AM

I'm Estrella! LOL

Posted by: Dr. Dev 23.Nov.2005, 11:13 AM

Streja,
Sorry bout that. Did not know you were both handles.
Don´t I look like the village idiot!! :? Let me try again!
...Perhaps OTHER ladies will show up. whew, that´s better.
Cheers!
Mark

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 23.Nov.2005, 11:26 AM

So hey - who is going to volunteer to be the rally point?

I know I mentioned it...but I cant do it because I might be late (who am I kidding - the only think I am on time for is...er...well...nevermind [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/1370.gif[/img] )

Posted by: E J Reklam 23.Nov.2005, 12:18 PM

Home in on me...I am a big, tall, stupid looking, git. Not much hair. Looking nervous. Probably wearing a SouthPark T-shirt.
Failing that...you can ring me on 073 555 9128 if there are any units left on the phone.

Posted by: Cyberfluff 23.Nov.2005, 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Ågatan)
Failing that...you can ring me on if there are any units left on the phone.

Ågatan, maybe instead of putting your number out her, you should make an email address that you don't care about getting spammed so everyone can mail you at? I can send you a gmail invite if you don't want to use your mobile to sign up.

melanie.xyz @ gmail . com

O.K. I'm done being the paranoid privacy police. [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/874.gif[/img]

Posted by: E J Reklam 23.Nov.2005, 01:42 PM

Problem is Mel...I can't read email whilst I am sat in the boozer waiting for someone to find me. But thanks for the concern, it's nice to know that someone cares. smile.gif

Posted by: Streja 23.Nov.2005, 10:39 PM

I was sat on bus 34 was it or 14?? going from hisingen to centre a month ago or so...there were a couple of bald guys sitting in front of me about 3-4 and they spoke English maybe they had siuth park t-shirts on I don't know...was it you?? LOL

Hmmmmit seems I am the only woman...ok easy to spot me then.

Posted by: E J Reklam 23.Nov.2005, 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Streja)
Hmmmmit seems I am the only woman...ok easy to spot me then.

Who said I was bald? You cheeky monkey. I just have short hair, though I am rapidly heading towards slapheadom.
Anyway it wasn't me as
a) I have no mates
cool.gif I have never been on a bus in Göteborg (only trams)

I forgot to add to my description that I wear glasses. I am 192 "lång" so unless there's a basketball players convention in town, I should stick out like a big, sore, ugly, thumb.

Posted by: Streja 23.Nov.2005, 11:47 PM

lol sorry must have got carried away! I am so random sorry!

Posted by: E J Reklam 23.Nov.2005, 11:52 PM

What are you apologising for? I am comfortable with my ugly mug. I've had 43 years to get used to it. It'll be more difficult for you, though. Just don't vomit on me.

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 24.Nov.2005, 01:42 AM

ROTFL

That was...nice...i'l be sure to hold my chunder...I just had about 4 shots of Fernet Branca in a row [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck18.gif[/img]

Posted by: Cyberfluff 24.Nov.2005, 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Jason)

Celebrating? Or practicing?

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 24.Nov.2005, 02:15 AM

QUOTE (Melanie)
Celebrating? Or practicing?

Well...celebrating, really...but it kinda turned into one of those things against my will...

Free - so does that mean I can accuse my friend Dale of intoxiacation because I changed my mind about the last shot as I took it to my mouth? :wink:

Kidding of course

Posted by: Kodos 24.Nov.2005, 03:23 AM

Since I will be at home in NC engaging in America's past time (eating) for Thanksgiving...swill a beer for me! I'll be thinking of you as I shovel dry turkey in my mouth and wait for the disfunctional family games to begin. wink.gif

Posted by: Gabriela 24.Nov.2005, 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Dr. Dev)
Streja,
Sorry bout that. Did not know you were both handles.
Don´t I look like the village idiot!! :? Let me try again!
...Perhaps OTHER ladies will show up. whew, that´s better.
Cheers!
Mark

I'll be there doc. Streja I saw your picture once but what are you going to be wearing???

Posted by: Streja 24.Nov.2005, 09:55 AM

Thank God for that Gabriela...you will be there too!
I have no idea what I will be wearing...you will notice me anyway! I have quite long light brown hair and I am as skinny as anything. Hmmmm...I wil go home before the meetup and change you see...I´ll probably wear purple trousers or something...

Posted by: Gabriela 24.Nov.2005, 10:23 AM

I'll e-mail you my mobile ph. so in case something changes you sms me of call me. okey?

Posted by: Benzed 24.Nov.2005, 01:03 PM

bollocks!!

i can´t believe i chose this time to give the board a wide berth.

me want drinkies.

Posted by: Charlotte 24.Nov.2005, 01:08 PM

me want drinkies too but I am stuck way up in Norbotten. sad.gif

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 24.Nov.2005, 04:21 PM

Heh - well...I guess its rally to Ågatan...I am signing off and guess we'll see who shows - I am going to be a short timer especially after last night...

Posted by: Yuna Tifani 24.Nov.2005, 04:44 PM

uhmm... Toby who post this "meeting" why I havent heard anything from him anymore.
where and when you guys finally meet?? is it in BA?

yuna

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 24.Nov.2005, 05:11 PM

Ok - did one last check before I head home - and I am going to Bishops Arms (the one near the canal downtown - not the new one) at 6ish and there are supposed to be people there...I guess we'll see... /laugh

Posted by: FR 25.Nov.2005, 04:53 AM

Okay, so what happened?

Posted by: Rachel F 25.Nov.2005, 10:14 AM

Yes, we're all ears - do tell!

Free Rider, do you think they're all still in bed nursing their hangovers?!

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 25.Nov.2005, 11:14 AM

Actually...it was pretty cool...

I got there a little late (of course - because I like walking in the rain) and spotted Streja near the door (purple pants - c'mon)...but I wanted to get a beer first. As I was waiting, Ågatan snuck in and started talking to Streja - and I was no closer to my beer, so I went ahead and intro'd myself. In line at the bar, there was Toby...Gabriella and Dr Dev showed up as well. I knocked back more beer than I had planned, but had to duck out early to help a friend with some computer things - she was using my computer - that was the thing.

It was interesting to put a face to the names on the boards...but maybe we cant be as difficult on each other as we have been before...or maybe...we can be worse now that we have had a beer together.

Wish we could have gotten photos...but I left my camera in my briefcase...and cell phone cameras didnt work too well...they all reminded me of The Ring [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/1370.gif[/img]

Posted by: Gower76 25.Nov.2005, 12:41 PM

Did you buy rounds or get your own drinks? :wink:

Posted by: E J Reklam 25.Nov.2005, 12:44 PM

It was a lot of fun, a very pleasant evening. No fights or arguments, just good company...

Estrella, Gabriella, Toby, Jason & Mark...cheers! See you again, I hope.

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 25.Nov.2005, 01:01 PM

Aye - Have a good move to the UK, Paul - hope to see you again back in Sweden.

It was interesting though - no fights or arguements - but good discussions with great company - cant ask for much better? (well...ok...you can but that usually involves...er...nevermind)

We did not buy rounds this time - maybe next time - but I know at the speed that some of us were swilling or drinks that it could get messy... [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/1370.gif[/img]

Posted by: E J Reklam 25.Nov.2005, 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Jason)

I did buy Estrella a guinness, because I'm "a proper gentleman", and an arse kisser.

Posted by: Streja 25.Nov.2005, 02:38 PM

Hehe...hello!

Yeah Paul thanks for the Guiness...being Swedish that now means I owe you a drink. Den som är satt i skuld är aldrig fri!

I really enjoyed the evening. Paul met my sambo too at the end of the evening...wasn't he gooorgeous????? wink.gif

Posted by: Nuname 25.Nov.2005, 03:42 PM

Yep had a really good one thanks guys.

I managed to drag myself out of bed this morning & go down Migrationsverket & got the stamp in my pass port so touch wood I'll never have to deal with them again!

Posted by: Streja 25.Nov.2005, 03:51 PM

Cool! Have some snus to celebrate!

Posted by: Nuname 25.Nov.2005, 03:55 PM

I might just do that. As the snus has helped me kick the ciggies I think next years New years resoloution is to kick the snus:)

Posted by: Streja 25.Nov.2005, 04:03 PM

Just don't kick them into the sinks!

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 25.Nov.2005, 04:11 PM

...or the toilets...[img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/1370.gif[/img]

Posted by: Dr. Dev 25.Nov.2005, 06:28 PM

Hellow everyone!
I had a great time at the pub with all of you. Everyone was quite personable,informed, and open minded. Yah, people who travel and can and do live in other countries are a special breed, indeed! As well as are those who like to associate with them.
We discussed loads of interesting topics. It was good fun. I am glad so many people showed up and had a blast! We definitely have to do it again!
Cheers! ... Dr. Dev (aka Mark)

Posted by: Charlotte 25.Nov.2005, 06:31 PM

I wish I could have been there ... sad.gif

Posted by: Streja 25.Nov.2005, 06:55 PM

Cheers Doctor!

Maybe you can come next time Charlotte?

Posted by: Eyallow 25.Nov.2005, 07:10 PM

When is the next meeting then!

Posted by: Streja 25.Nov.2005, 07:12 PM

Yes true...hmmmm any suggestions?

Posted by: Gabriela 25.Nov.2005, 07:42 PM

Jason said

Hello Ågatan, Estrella, Mark, Jason & Toby: It was a real pleasure meeting you last night. My opinion is that you're all nicer in person. You were all so natural that I felt relaxed at all times (never crossed my mind that there would be any argument or fights). Too bad I couldn't drink as I was driving but it was a beautiful evening.

Yeah, too bad we couldn't get any pictures, maybe next time, but if you Locals wonder how they all look, everyone was looking good! :wink:

If there's a next time, Hard Rock Cafe could be cool. Oh, and I was dissapointed about not meeting Mr. Chi and others ask about you Ernest. Maybe next time.

Charlotte, are you in Gothenburg?

Posted by: Streja 25.Nov.2005, 08:05 PM

Stay tuned for more inane comments later.

Posted by: Charlotte 25.Nov.2005, 08:07 PM

Charlotte, are you in Gothenburg?

No, in Norbotten. sad.gif

Posted by: Eyallow 25.Nov.2005, 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Streja)

Stay tuned for more inane comments later.

Thank God i was not there then! My looks will scare the shit out of anyone! :shock

Posted by: Eyallow 25.Nov.2005, 08:24 PM

QUOTE (Gabriela)

Thanks Gabi! :oops: :oops:

it has been hell this few days working in this boring town called Oskarshamn. Really glad to gain my flat today! i sure look forward to next time!

Posted by: Gabriela 25.Nov.2005, 08:56 PM

[quote="Streja"]Yeah I feel the same. Toby said I look younger in person...eeeek. Gaby is really pretty! Paul was the typical English guy with funny comments. Mark was very liberal. Toby was confused and drunk. Jason was also drunk I believe and from Alabama.

Thanks, you are also pretty and I also thought that you look younger than 30. Much younger! I didn't notice they were drunk though. Shows that I haven't been hanging out in bars for too long now. My disco times are gone!

Posted by: Dr. Dev 25.Nov.2005, 09:53 PM

Hi again.
Yeah, Charlotte and everyone else, we definitely will be planning another outing sometime in the future. We have to! It was too fun!
Cheers. Dr. Dev

Posted by: Streja 25.Nov.2005, 11:13 PM

Hehe maybe not so drunk just a bit tipsy.. smile.gif

Yeah I look young...it's a curse really...people always assume I am a dumb blonde!

Posted by: Nuname 26.Nov.2005, 11:00 AM

Quite tipsy would be fair but I don't know where confused came from. (Or was I too confused to notice I was confused)?

Posted by: Gabriela 26.Nov.2005, 11:22 AM

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted by: Streja 26.Nov.2005, 02:16 PM

Hehe Toby...you ignored me coming into the pub didn't you!? So you looked confused I thought ok not from The Local then...

Posted by: Nuname 26.Nov.2005, 02:39 PM

Ah OK. No I seriously thought you looked younger than your photo & I couldn't see the colour of your trousers. When I couldn't see any more obvious contenders I came straight to you though. smile.gif

Posted by: Streja 26.Nov.2005, 02:41 PM

Ok.

Eeeeek I look younger...I'm torn between being happy about it and angry. Useless.

Posted by: Streja 27.Nov.2005, 02:43 PM

I was at a party last night and who is there????????????? Gossip gossip...he was doing the Alabama limbo...

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 28.Nov.2005, 12:48 PM

Small world...and it was even better when I showed up (I was drunk that time) right when you had dropped some skewers and I told you - "Strella - pick those up"

Alabama limbo? Heh...well...yeah I was dancing and having fun with a friend that I wont see again for quite some time...

As I remember...you were having fun too...on the couch..."having appetizers"? [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/1370.gif[/img]

Posted by: Gabriela 28.Nov.2005, 01:04 PM

What a small world!

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 28.Nov.2005, 05:55 PM

Yep - talk about suprising...hehe...

So are we hitting Hard Rock one night or something like that? I have extemely limited avail and will be stateside fom the 12th-28th...

*chirp chirp* [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/1370.gif[/img]

Posted by: Eyallow 28.Nov.2005, 06:01 PM

Hard rock :shock: ...I have my doubts about hard rock cafe. There are nicer places in Gothenburg i think and the beer there is not cheap. Maybe the waiters with their mini shirts do make a tantalizing sight! Why not then :shock: !

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 28.Nov.2005, 06:05 PM

HR was Gab's idea...but I dont care really. As long as its somewhere where I can get a good beer...not Swedish or Danish beerwater [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/1370.gif[/img]

Maybe The Rover...Notting Hill...something not "English"...I dont care really...

Posted by: Eyallow 28.Nov.2005, 06:08 PM

Yeah, you are right Jason. But i do like Danish beer though! So when is the next meeting? Anyone has an idea or suggestion?

Posted by: Gabriela 28.Nov.2005, 07:38 PM

QUOTE (eyallow)

Fine with me, any place is fine and new places are always better.

Posted by: Streja 28.Nov.2005, 10:39 PM

How about a café? (awaits beatings from beer drinkers)

Posted by: Eyallow 28.Nov.2005, 11:42 PM

I hardly know what people do in a cafe Streja sad.gif ...Talk about a pub then laugh.gif

Posted by: Streja 28.Nov.2005, 11:49 PM

I like the one on Wallgatan...it jas food and cakes and beer too I think?

Posted by: Harry 29.Nov.2005, 08:26 AM

Is Sweden dinkum that small?

Posted by: Nuname 29.Nov.2005, 10:06 AM

QUOTE (Streja)
How about a café? (awaits beatings from beer drinkers)

You're just trying to freeze me out of the next meeting aren't you Streya. smile.gif

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 29.Nov.2005, 11:09 AM

QUOTE (Streja)
How about a café? (awaits beatings from beer drinkers)

Now now now...

I can have a coffee just as well as I can have a beer...but I do have to admit that a irish coffee is excellent (skip the cream though)...and I did have an excellent peppemint coffee with some kind of liquor in it last year near the Kopper Mann (I think)

Posted by: Gabriela 29.Nov.2005, 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Toby)

What about tea? laugh.gif

Posted by: Gabriela 29.Nov.2005, 01:34 PM

I don't go to afterwork very often, but here is a suggestion list from GP (including prices), so you guys can vote (I marked with red the ones I know):

Pauls billiard sportsbar Trädgårdsgatan 4
Tacobuffé fredagar (17-19)
Öl, vin, cider och aqua tini 32 kr, drink 52 kr

Babar Kungsportsavenyen 29
Bjudbuffé onsdagar (17-24) och fredagar (16-24)
Öl, vin och cider 2 för 1

Keybar Kungsportsavenyen 31-35
Bjudbuffé fredagar (16-20)
Öl, vin, cider 28 kr

Excet Vasagatan 52
Bjudbuffé fredagar (från kl 17 till maten tar slut)
2 för 1 på allt i baren

Bjudbuffé fredagar (17-22)
Öl, vin, cider 33 kr

Brasserie Lipp Kungsportsavenyen 8
Tapasbuffé fredagar (16-19)
Öl, vin, cider 33 kr

Respekt Järntorget 7
Bjudbuffé fredagar (från kl 17 tills maten tar slut)
Öl, vin 29 kr

Gillestugan Järntorget 6
Bjudbuffé fredagar (från kl 16 tills att maten tar slut)
Öl, vin 29 kr

Bjudbuffé fredagar (16-19)
Öl, vin 35 kr

La Sombrita Linnégatan 23
Tapasbuffé fredagar (16-18)
Öl 25kr, vin 35 kr, drinkar 49 kr

Min bror och jag Andra Långgatan 35
Bjudbuffé första fredagen varje månad (16-19)
Öl, vin 29 kr, veckans flasköl 25 kr

Bjudbuffé fredagar (16-19)
Öl, vin 25 kr

Södra Liden Kungsgatan 8
Bjudbuffé fredagar (16-19)
Öl och vin, 25 kr

Bazar Haga Kyrkogatan 14
Vegetarisk buffé fredagar (16-19)
Öl, vin 29 kr

La Coupole Norra Allégatan 5-9
Pizzabuffé fred och lörd (18-20)
stor stark 29 kr, vin 25 kr, 2 st cider 50 kr, drink 40 kr

Vasastan Viktoriagatan 2
Bjudbuffé fred (från kl 16 tills maten är slut)
Öl, vin, cider 25 kr

O'Learys Östra Hamngatan 37
Bjudbuffé fredagar (16-19)
2 för 1 i baren

Caleo Engelbrektsgatan 39 B
Tapastilltugg fred. (16-19).
Öl, vin, cider 35 kr, drinkar 49 kr

Istället Linnégatan 37
Bjudbuffé fredagar (17-20)
Drinkar 2 för 1, öl 29 kr

Notting Hill Nordhemsgatan 19 A
Bjudbuffé fredagar (fr kl 18 tills det inte finns mer att bjuda på)
Öl, vin, cider 25 kr

S.o.H.o. Östra Larmgatan 16
Torsdagar i cocktailbaren, snittar och tilltugg (17-19.30) Cocktails från 78 kr. Fredagar i vinbaren, snittar och tilltugg (17-19.30)
Champagne från 85 kr

Mañana Lasarettsgatan 6
Snacksbuffé fredagar (17-24)
Öl, vin, cider 25 kr, drinkar 44 kr

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 29.Nov.2005, 01:41 PM

Ouch - too much for me to read - I just pick a place and go for it. I dont care if there is a buffet (I might tell you why I hate buffets later) or if the drinks are cheap - I want good drinks. [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/1370.gif[/img]

Posted by: Eyallow 29.Nov.2005, 01:42 PM

I been to ones below! Pumpan bar is great with their cheap beer packages, just like la sombrita with all the tapas! Byn Bistro is quite cosy and usually a very comfortable crowd of people are found there and they have generous space!

Keybar Kungsportsavenyen 31-35
Bjudbuffé fredagar (16-20)
Öl, vin, cider 28 kr

Excet Vasagatan 52
Bjudbuffé fredagar (från kl 17 till maten tar slut)
2 för 1 på allt i baren

Bersåbar Kungsportsplatsen 1
Bjudbuffé fredagar (16-19)
Happy hour (16-21)

Respekt Järntorget 7
Bjudbuffé fredagar (från kl 17 tills maten tar slut)
Öl, vin 29 kr

Tapasbuffé fredagar (16-1
Öl 25kr, vin 35 kr, drinkar 49 kr

Rumpan bar Linnégatan 38 B
Bjudbuffé fredagar (16-19)
Öl, vin 25 kr

Posted by: Gabriela 29.Nov.2005, 01:50 PM

I think you meant the Butt bar (Rumpan bar) smile.gif .

Posted by: Charlotte 29.Nov.2005, 01:51 PM

Sounds like a crappy place to go.

Posted by: Gabriela 29.Nov.2005, 01:53 PM

I know for some reason I've never dared to go in and I always end up choosing another place in Linnegatan, but I've also heard that the food is good, not the name though. smile.gif

Posted by: Streja 29.Nov.2005, 01:54 PM

hehe Rumpan Bar is a great pun...it comes from the Swedish saying (pay attention now Lelebeauxart (s) ):

Den som inga pengar har, hon får gå med rumpan bar.
= The one that has no money, she has to go with her butt bare (naked)

Posted by: Eyallow 29.Nov.2005, 01:59 PM

Rumpan bar doesn't take the reputation as its name connotes. Its a nice two floor restaurant! They have good food and beer is cheap and good! The people there are mature! No worries. But that name drew me to it in the first place!

I like exploring controversial places for the fun of it! Unfortunately, i have never been to a strip joint! :shock:

Posted by: Streja 29.Nov.2005, 02:01 PM

That´s good! Please don´t go to one...I will think less of you...

Posted by: Gabriela 29.Nov.2005, 02:02 PM

QUOTE (eyallow)

He, he, I know it's nice but I also understand that men like butts.

Posted by: Streja 29.Nov.2005, 02:05 PM

I am the one that decides... wink.gif
Let´s go to wallgatan the coffe place the have tea too and next door they have a bar! Very cosy!

Posted by: Gabriela 29.Nov.2005, 02:08 PM

Wow, I haven't met the woman who likes to decide more than me. Interesting Streja... I must respect you for that. :wink:

Posted by: Streja 29.Nov.2005, 02:11 PM

LOL Well...it´s only cos I work in an environment where I can´t decide on much...so atleast this would be good hahahaha. Lemme check if they have a site...you can see how cool it is. Not noisy either.

Posted by: Streja 29.Nov.2005, 02:15 PM

Oh...it´s under construction...fancy that.
Well I don´t mind where we go really its jus that rumpan bar is always crowded!

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 29.Nov.2005, 02:40 PM

QUOTE (eyallow)

I have been to one here in G'brg and I have to say that it was terrible - dont go. I have a good friend who was an entertainer back in Atlanta and, to be honest, I loved to go to the club where she worked. Her boyfriend and I would meet up there, have a few beers, chit chat over what we were going to do the coming weekend (which DJs are spinning here and there), chat with his girlfriend and her co-workers (some of who became friends and would go out with us in the "real world"), and laugh about all the guys that were throwing all their money away. Yeah...there were girls dancing around naked, but to be honest, they used to laugh because it was almost like we didnt notice them. Of course there was the occasional "Oh - thats interesting"...more often it was the "What the heck is she thinking wearing/dancing like that?"

My friend used dancing to pay for her way through school and she finished school and quit a few months ago. Making less money now with a degreed job than she did as a dancer. Hard to leave that kind of money...

That being said - where we going and when? I still might go to spain tomorow...but I should be back Friday afternoon.

Posted by: Eyallow 29.Nov.2005, 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Streja)
Oh...it´s under construction...fancy that.
Well I don´t mind where we go really its jus that rumpan bar is always crowded!

Yeah to hell with rumpan bar. Next stop byn bistro. Castrate that one as well and then lets gallop on! laugh.gif

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 30.Nov.2005, 10:29 AM

Hrmm...looks like I will be here Friday afterall...these guys in Spain dont want to call me back or something...guess they will see me next year!

So - is there a coffee plan or a beer plan or a combination alcohol/sans-alcohol plan...or am I just chilling out with the crickets?

Posted by: Streja 30.Nov.2005, 01:45 PM

Are we saying Friday now? Why not Saturday? Let´s meet at Kafé Wallgatan and if so move elsewhere? The good thing there is it´s not noisy so you can talk.

Posted by: Charlotte 30.Nov.2005, 01:46 PM

Be sure to have a drink for me, I wish I could make it. One day!

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 30.Nov.2005, 02:49 PM

*holds hands up*

I no care where/when - if it works for my schedule, I'll be in. Just give me the 411!

Posted by: Nuname 30.Nov.2005, 02:54 PM

Hi. The Sheffield Wednesday vs Sheffield United match will be on the TV on Saturday afternoon so I shall be yelling at the TV in O'Learys probably. I don't expect to be drinking much coffee for this one so have a pleasant time anyway. smile.gif

Up the Owls

Posted by: Charlotte 30.Nov.2005, 02:57 PM

I shall be yelling at the TV

I usually only do that when I see George Bush ...

Posted by: Eyallow 30.Nov.2005, 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Charlotte)
I shall be yelling at the TV

I usually only do that when I see George Bush ...

Anyway aren't we talking about friday afterwork?

Posted by: Charlotte 30.Nov.2005, 03:07 PM

[quote=eyallow]I usually only do that when I see George Bush ...[/quote]

I have almost battered my tv listening to bush once..Anyway, i really hate listening to this Dr Phil stuff! Drives me nuts! I yell![/quote]

Shouting at the TV is a very good therapy I think, calms me down a lot.

Posted by: Dr. Dev 30.Nov.2005, 07:37 PM

Cheers everyone!
Coffee sounds good. Mind if the Doc tags along again??
Perhaps I will bring baileys to spice up the coffee!?
Let me know the exact time, date, and place, if that is cool.
Peace!
Dr. Dev.

Posted by: Streja 2.Dec.2005, 12:00 AM

I think we should meet maybe on Saturday...I say 7pm at Kafé Wallgatan!

Posted by: Eyallow 2.Dec.2005, 12:15 AM

Just give me a jingle and i will be there! Toby will be away on saturday watching a game if i am not guessing wrong!

Posted by: Streja 2.Dec.2005, 10:49 AM

The match will be finished by then!!!! oby you little hooligan! Get your arse off the bench and get to Wallgatan hehe. smile.gif

Anyone else coming? Mark?????

7pm Kafé Wallgatan Saturday

Posted by: Braderunner Rennuredarb 2.Dec.2005, 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Streja)
7pm Kafé Wallgatan Saturday

Where is that joint? I guess I could eniro it...