The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Bus passengers divided according to skin colour

RobinHood
post 23.Mar.2013, 06:29 PM
Post #16

The Local has taken to disabling comments that question its jounalists integrity/competence when it covers stories like this.
It is getting very difficult to trust The Local as a source of news, and easier to think of The Local as a source of propaganda.
What a shame.
Go to the top of the page
+
biliousbob
post 23.Mar.2013, 09:03 PM
Post #17

@RobinHood
I have noticed this and agree. You are generous to call them journamlists. I think they are probably interns who act as translators. And thy're mediocre translators on a good day.
+
Pasty White Baby
post 23.Mar.2013, 09:14 PM
Post #18

Comment removed by The Local for breach of our terms.
+
krattan
post 23.Mar.2013, 11:30 PM
Post #19

The driver has been quoted in other news media (for example svd.se) as having divided people by imported goods. Apparently there are regulars going to Åland (or perhaps from Åland) to buy snuff.. And these guys would have to go through the toll hence they were placed in another bus.
All this boils down to bad communication and one person feeling differentiated.
I feel sorry for all the people over reacting above. And also for the driver..
+
oldgreygoose
post 24.Mar.2013, 12:25 AM
Post #20

As I indicated above, this story never sounded legit and it wasn't. I'm sure this won't stop the Local from putting up more inflamatory garbage tomorrow.
+
Elf_Moon
post 24.Mar.2013, 02:40 AM
Post #21

@Bolababu, racism is a two way street honey.
I will leave the site I guess, being a blonde haired blue eyed immigrant...
Also, before commenting on racism, take a look in the mirror as you type.
------------------------------------
This story is obviously not a real piece of reporting, just another piece of propaganda *yawn*
+
robban70226
post 24.Mar.2013, 09:34 AM
Post #22

It is the true nation of Sweden, sorry for the fools that believe Swedes are an open society, never being and will never be...
+
Khazara
post 24.Mar.2013, 12:08 PM
Post #23

@ krattan - wrong
1) They were coming from the Åland (I admit the prepositions in Swedish make no sense)

2) It has nothing to do with paying a VAT for snus purchased in Åland; small place anyway, snus would be a lot more expensive there, supposedly gangs traffic snus? (what a joke)
3) The driver stated to D.N.se that he separated people onto two busses: those who had luggage were place on one bus; and those who did not have luggage were place on the second bus. However, during the drive the two busses picked people up randomly
4) Indeed, the driver told Samer Chatila (the young man who complained) that the busses were divided between those who had pre-booked their tickets and those who had not. Samer was supposedly on the pre-booked ticket bus but he did not pre-book his tickets - and both busses still picked up passengers randomly during the drive.
So the driver was actually on Snus patrol? Ha! What a liar. I imagine someone from his union helped him make up that lie since by his actions alone he is pretty stupid. Furthermore, the excuse is disingenuous since no other Bus driver for the company separates passengers for the reasons he stated nor is it the companies protocol.
In conclusion: fire the racist bus driver, fine the company, give a refund and apologize to the passengers that were subjected to the now unemployed bus driver power trip.
+
ctinej
post 24.Mar.2013, 03:22 PM
Post #24

Comment removed by The Local for breach of our terms.
+
JoshArnold
post 24.Mar.2013, 03:28 PM
Post #25

nice knowing you Sweden... but now its time that you find some one else who can pay 150000 SEK as tax every year and still put up with such narrow minded morons who hate you because you were born with a certain skin color ... i still think that most of the swedish people are quite nice ... however its the oposite end of the pole is a bit too much for me to handle ... I am not sure if I would want to work for this country any more
+
krattan
post 24.Mar.2013, 04:25 PM
Post #26

@Khazara
The Snuff story is from this Expressen article:
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/fick-aka-b...or-utlanningar/
Seems legit to me.
+
Nomark
post 24.Mar.2013, 05:30 PM
Post #27

Khazara
2) It has nothing to do with paying a VAT for snus purchased in Åland; small place anyway, snus would be a lot more expensive there, supposedly gangs traffic snus? (what a joke)
Swedes go to Åland to buy things which are cheaper there (owing to lower duties). Its a part of a different country. The fact that the island is small is irrelevant.
Gangs in the UK traffic cigarettes into the country on the cross-channel ferries. This type of thing is not unusual.
Your research and reasoning has let you down. Please, learn to research facts before you denounce somebody.
+
Migga
post 24.Mar.2013, 06:30 PM
Post #28

@ krattan
You are totally right. That`s how it really happend. It`s sad to see the hatefull comments by some readers on this article about Sweden and Swedes. Khazara especially. All from a made up story by the media.
The driver divided the passengers, but not based on ethnicity. One immigrant felt otherwise and started screaming discrimination. Somehow the most leftist newspaper in Sweden, Arbetarbladet, got a hold of this guy and ran the story with the racism angle. They didn`t bother to check if the claims were true or talk to the driver. Disgusting but typical for the leftist media. The other newspapers, including The Local, jumps on the bandwagon and use the big headlines.
Now when people are looking in to it they see that it didn`t happen as the media reported. It`s becoming a none story in a hurry. Just like the previous one with the ambulance driver where the Local had to shut down the comment section because their error was becoming clear. Now in this case the driver is labeld a racist and the mediafrenzy has lead to having an impact on his job. It makes one sick to think how the leftist media ruins peoples lives.
+
Khazara
post 24.Mar.2013, 07:35 PM
Post #29

Well look at everyone (certain people; wink wink) lying to themselves. The Bus Company, yes the bus company has stated in a video interview that the bus driver separated the passengers based on their color (melanin).
Guess who made that statement? The CEO of the bus company; the truth is not practiced by a certain people (emphasis) but denial sure is.
http://www.expressen.se/tv/nyheter/inrikes...kt-ursprung/kin color.
Nomark - If your last comment is what you consider sound reasoning then I can't even imagine what type of twisted reality you live in.
+
Nomark
post 24.Mar.2013, 08:31 PM
Post #30

Khazara
I'm confused. First you write that it couldn't possibly be due to snus purchases. This is nonsense. Tax free purchases are one of the reasons Swedes visit the island !
Then you give us a link to an interview with the boss of the bus company which supposedly clinches your argument. Did you actually listen to the interview ? He said that, *according to the information he so far has*, passengers were allocated to buses according to their ethnic origin. Information from which source - driver or media ? He also said that there would be a meeting with the driver on Monday to find out what happened and take his side of the story. Therefore its quite hard to see how he is the clinching source you think he is.
Racism is a nasty thing. So is labelling people before they've defended themselves or the facts are fully out.
People like you are as much part of the problem as the racists.
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: