The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >   Reply to this topic

So tired of living in Sweden!

Tired of the country

pepitoAndalucia
post 1.Jul.2018, 04:28 PM
Post #136

QUOTE (Am89 @ 29.Jun.2018, 03:16 PM) *
Dude, i don't have such pride. Even though i have master degree but I have taken jobs in restaurant and warehouse. I never mind working. However, i have mentioned earlier ... (show full quote)

You are not alone, It's all well known.

If I am not allowed to post links, please let me know so I can delete them and post only the reference title.

Women and those with foreign-sounding names earn less in Sweden: report
https://www.thelocal.se/20180613/women-fore...y-sweden-report

Swedish study confirms foreign name CV bias
https://www.thelocal.se/20130405/47164

"Researchers have found that job applicants with Swedish sounding names are 50 percent more likely to be called back for an interview than people with Arabic names, based on a randomly generated experiment with CV and cover letters."
Go to the top of the page
+
Stumc1981
post 16.Sep.2019, 11:28 AM
Post #137

Interesting discussion, I came here from England two years ago and it didn't take me long to realise that there is something seriously strange about the Swedish people (my partner and her family included). All the same things that have previously been mentioned, boring, two faced, no social skills outside their own circles, always wanting to know your business without asking directly.

For me I'm luckier than most "immigrants" we are quite wealthy and own a lot of property here but you wouldn't think it the way some Swedes have treat me, I run my own company and am sometimes shocked by how arrogant they can be so I put them in their place by dropping into the conversation about property/horses/boats or whatever that we own, they then change from looking down at me to looking with hateful jealousy, it's so funny, I hate to be that guy but they really annoy me sometimes. I have met a few good Swedes but not many. The good thing about being English (or american/Australian) is that we're far more confident in negotiating and you can use that to your advantage, the Swedes will back down everytime if you raise the heat on them. The men are especially weak in arguments or negotiation.
Also I notice that every time I go out in Stockholm I get approached by woman, they love the fact that I'm English and carry more confidence (not to be mistaken with Swedish arrogance) they love the fact we're funny, happy, generous and have good manners.
I know it can be frustrating living here but use their faults to your own advantage, have a little fun with them, force them to apologise if they bump into you, call one a f***ing w**nker if they cut you up in traffic. Trust me it's great fun when you stop caring what they think of you.
Because ultimately that's the problem, the Swedes all worry so much about what others think of them they're afraid to be random and carefree.
+
Bsmith
post 16.Sep.2019, 11:39 AM
Post #138

The Swedes in Stockholm are known to be a bit snobbish. The rest of Sweden calls them the null åters (sp?) and dismisses them for being stuck up. The Swedes that I have met out in the rural areas were much nicer. Generally speaking not exactly the most outgoing people I have ever met, but nice in their own way. I would have to agree on your last point. Swedes do seem to worry about what others think of them...however, I think it is mostly do to a desire not to offend anyone.
+
Stumc1981
post 16.Sep.2019, 05:15 PM
Post #139

I agree, I forgot to add that on a recent trip to Uddevala (I have long time swedish friends there) I found the people much more friendly and open, so much so that I instantly looked at buying an apartment there, I might of sounded like I was painting a general picture but I forgot to add that I live in Stockholm, in two years I haven't made a single genuine Swedish friend, back in the UK you can make a good friend just from one night in a pub. I think sweden needs pubs!
I notice that most of the conversations I have here are with other immigrants, Swedes just aren't very talkative and when they are it usually mundane. One day when my wife's parents pass on (they are old) we plan to sell up and move back to England, even she says it's better there and she was born in Stockholm. I came here and tried to love sweden but I have come to the conclusion that I never will and can't wait to return to the rich tapestry of English life.
+
Stumc1981
post 16.Sep.2019, 05:26 PM
Post #140

Oh and before anyone tries to tell me England isn't perfect, trust me we already know. We mock ourselves better than anyone else can!
+
Svedallas
post 16.Sep.2019, 05:27 PM
Post #141

QUOTE (Stumc1981 @ 16.Sep.2019, 06:15 PM) *
I agree, I forgot to add that on a recent trip to Uddevala (I have long time swedish friends there) I found the people much more friendly and open, so much so that I instantly ... (show full quote)

Learn the language.

+
Stumc1981
post 16.Sep.2019, 06:53 PM
Post #142

No point, I doubt it would make people more interesting, I know a fair bit of Swedish already plus I don't intend to spend too long here. If I was going to settle somewhere other than England and put effort into becoming fluent I'd choose somewhere like Germany or France with some life and culture.
+
Svedallas
post 18.Sep.2019, 10:48 AM
Post #143

QUOTE (Stumc1981 @ 16.Sep.2019, 07:53 PM) *
No point, I doubt it would make people more interesting, I know a fair bit of Swedish already plus I don't intend to spend too long here. If I was going to settle somewher ... (show full quote)

You are arrogant.

Yes you are better somewhere else.

+
djmarko
post 18.Sep.2019, 12:26 PM
Post #144

why is he arrogant? he just stated his reasons for why he reacts to some Swedes the way he does
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 19.Sep.2019, 07:55 PM
Post #145

QUOTE (djmarko @ 18.Sep.2019, 01:26 PM) *
why is he arrogant? he just stated his reasons for why he reacts to some Swedes the way he does

Svedallas is actually being polite now. He usually makes really tough insults to anyone who dares to say that sweden is not the best, the finest country on the face of the earth that after a cataclysmic even on earth, it will be sweden and only sweden the only ones alive.

I must say, I thank sweden for all these years, because thanks to my stay in this country I have appreciated my homeland. True is my country is far from perfect, we have our problems. I left my country thinking we were the worst but having been in sweden for more than a few years now I must say these people are pros at hiding their wrong doings.
I agree with previous comments this is a very closed culture for most part and also very self centered as if they were the elite but they all hide it. Here it's not about race it's about classes. 99% of the jokes about me were related to class. They see themselves as the elite of the world. Crazy!.

The housing rental market is an expression of the fact they don't want immigrants so the only reason why immigrants live in sweden is because they want to look good to the international institutions as a humanitarian country but it's nothing but an investment to put a leg at the UN.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 19.Sep.2019, 09:40 PM
Post #146

Wouldn't it be better/easier for Sweden to keep people out than letting them in to complain about everything that is Swedish and that they do not like it not being what they want it to be???
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 20.Sep.2019, 12:15 AM
Post #147

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 19.Sep.2019, 10:40 PM) *
Wouldn't it be better/easier for Sweden to keep people out than letting them in to complain about everything that is Swedish and that they do not like it not being what they want it to be???

The question is why so many posts about sweden complaining about the same?. Why blame the foreigner when it's sweden the problem?.
Just check the posts about sweden in this forum alone, same about conversations I had with foreigners living in sweden. Most people who can see, they all complain about the same. So the problem is sweden not the foreigner.

The problem is that the rest of the world doesn't know how inward and overprotective this culture is. But of course there is money to send greta thunberg and mislead the world she is the new big thing!, while in sweden 1 million people queue for rentals. Makes sense.

I am pretty sure greta thunberg will not tell American congress about the queues in sweden right?. That thing, they keep it quiet right?, so more people move to sweden without knowing the trap they are falling into.

But yeah, swedes are a culture of humanitarian people of light.

Now have your rant insulting me.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 20.Sep.2019, 01:23 AM
Post #148

I do not need to rant or insult anybody...

To me the answer to people who have such problems dealing with Sweden's culture and people is to move to a happier place...

People in Sweden and are not happy will not be happy by publishing their problems here...The housing issues will not be solved by anybody on this forum...

+
Gjeebes
post 20.Sep.2019, 03:36 AM
Post #149

"Swedes do seem to worry about what others think of them"

That's because if they don't conform, they will be socially castrated. The opinion corridor in Sweden, as dictated by their virtue-signalling government, is extremely narrow and shallow.

The woes of the consensus society. Conform or be cast out. (how do you think they got away with doing "open-borders" immigration with such huge public backing?)
+
djmarko
post 20.Sep.2019, 03:04 PM
Post #150

I thank goodness i have the possibility to travel and move around anytime i feel like, it is really needed during the dark winter nights, something to look forward to, summer is bearable here, everyone happy, more open, social and what not, perhaps the weather here can really affect the mood of people, has anyone thought about this? leave work, minus 15 outside, cold to the bones, rushing just to get home or pick kids up, will you really have time to socialize? my ex- Swedish girl wondered how i got energy to be very social during the winter? well life too short, you have to enjoy life whether its cold, hot or dark!guess thats how i have survived here
+

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topic
12 User(s) are reading this topic (12 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: