The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Cost of ID card

Is the ID card fee per person or per appointment?

cameron262
post 16.Aug.2019, 01:22 PM
Post #1

I am registering for an ID card and the website says to pay 400kr for the appointment of the ID card. We are registering together as two people so do we need to pay 400kr each or 400kr in total?
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 16.Aug.2019, 02:27 PM
Post #2

Per person
+
at_the_gates
post 16.Aug.2019, 07:10 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (cameron262 @ 16.Aug.2019, 02:22 PM) *
I am registering for an ID card and the website says to pay 400kr for the appointment of the ID card. We are registering together as two people so do we need to pay 400kr each or 400kr in total?

Per person, and i would advise you to pay individually. I paid for my ID card and my partners as i had a Swedish bank account already and we're sick of currency conversion fees. We took both receipts to the appointment and they stamped them as ok as i had used our person numbers as the reference as requested. My card came a week later but my partners took 6 weeks and when we asked why they said it was because someone else paid for it and they had to make further "checks".
+
LimpingNinja
post 17.Aug.2019, 03:31 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (at_the_gates @ 16.Aug.2019, 02:10 PM) *
My card came a week later but my partners took 6 weeks and when we asked why they said it was because someone else paid for it and they had to make further "checks".

Very strange! I paid for an entire family and had no problems. I wonder if there is a difference in location or party make-up. Mine was my wife, adult child, and 2 young children and I am the one who accepted a position and immigrated and thus supporting them.
+
jb_otr
post 2.Sep.2019, 07:36 AM
Post #5

It is per person.

We arrived in Umeå this summer, during a blissfully quiet period when not many people were going to Skatteverket.

I was using UK funds in GBP, so I would have preferred to pay with something like TransferWise, but I was cautioned that it might be difficult for the receipt of the payment to be recognised. In the end, I went to a branch of ForEx Bank and paid there.

Doing it in two transactions is helpful - the Skatteverket clerk will do each one separately, so that way there is one receipt per application, and no risk of confusing a receipt with two payments on it.

Note that my second credit card payment of 400kr was initially rejected. Your bank or your credit card provider may be suspicious if you try to make two identical payments at the same bank at within a short space of time.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: