The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

SL Fine and its consequences for your application

Is this a bad record for migration agency

Nimbus
post 29.Jan.2019, 07:37 PM
Post #1

Hej folks

I got a question. I am a master student and I was in tunnelbanan and ticket control wrote me a fee of 1564 kr.
I had a student SL card and my physical mecenat card with me but according to the ticket control my mecenat card also need to have SL logo on it.I explained to him that when I got this card they told me I am entitled to use the discount for public transportation. He didnt care at all.( his behavour was so bad even his coworkers were embarrassed , apparently he had some issues ).He even made me to sign the ticket he printed out for me( I am not sure if I had to do it when I dont agree with him). Later on that day I found out in my electronic version of my mecenat card I have the SL logo on it, so I appealed to the decision by email. and they canceled my fine. My friends told me even in a case like this now you have a bad record and this going to effect your future application for citizenship or permanent resident permit !!!
Is this true ?
I really apperciated if you respond , its thoughts eating me for days now.
Go to the top of the page
+
yet another brit
post 30.Jan.2019, 02:05 PM
Post #2

Unless you end up with an actual criminal conviction you'll be fine - a "kontrollavgift" per se isn't a conviction. You can read about the rules on Migrationsverkets website.

If you are convicted of something, then there is a period (ranging from one year upwards...go read if interested) during which you can't apply.

At the top end of the scale, it seems a bit academic, as you'd likely be deported as part of the sentence anyway!
+
intrepidfox
post 30.Jan.2019, 02:09 PM
Post #3

If it goes to kronofogden, then you will have a problem if you want citizenship.
+
intrepidfox
post 30.Jan.2019, 11:16 PM
Post #4

+
Svedallas
post 3.Mar.2019, 11:53 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 30.Jan.2019, 11:16 PM) *

+1
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: